Photo of Morrissey with Colette's Grave?

cygnenoir

Lonely Planet Girl
Oh, how I hate hate hate it when I can't find something!

Anyone know where I can find the photo of Moz with Colette's grave? I've seen it a zillion times but I cannot find it. She is buried at Père-Lachaise in Paris.

Seems like there is also a photo of him with Oscar Wilde's grave (also at Père-Lachaise) as well?

Thanks! :)

Now, now, posession of a grave does not necessarily mean that one is dead. ;)

I do remember a strange story about dear Oscar's grave - there's an male angel that's rather well endowed on it and at some point its um, well, you know, broke off! Don't know if it was ever repaired but I heard it was sitting on someone's desk at the cemetery for a long time.

But now, back to Colette. Anyone locate that photo yet? :)

Did anyone see the familiar Morrissey scrawl in orange crayon on Oscars grave? (i saw it around 92 got a pic somewhere)it looked pretty authentic to me

Alan

Can you describe the pics? I know some grave pics but one is shot in Rome (Keats' grave) and one is his "own" grave and one pic is this "Cal Dean" pic (same position as James Dean). But never heard of Colette's grave.

Can you describe the pics? I know some grave pics but one is shot in Rome (Keats' grave) and one is his "own" grave and one pic is this "Cal Dean" pic (same position as James Dean). But never heard of Colette's grave.

agreed, i've never seen that one either.

Now, now, posession of a grave does not necessarily mean that one is dead. ;)

I do remember a strange story about dear Oscar's grave - there's an male angel that's rather well endowed on it and at some point its um, well, you know, broke off! Don't know if it was ever repaired but I heard it was sitting on someone's desk at the cemetery for a long time.

But now, back to Colette. Anyone locate that photo yet? :)

They broke it off, because they said it was far too indecent! :p

(Sorry, was out of the country and wandered off for a bit... :o )

I seem to remember that he was just standing next to her grave. It was not a traditional upright stone but a big black tomb. I think it may have been ROTT-era.

Perhaps the reason I cannot find it is that I imagined it? But then one would have to wonder what would motivate one to imagine such a thing?

Never seen the Colette photo, but would love to.

This discussion reminds me of the photo of Morrissey with all of his Oscar Wilde books:

smash3.jpg

Love it.

Last edited:
Is this what you were looking for?

Yes!

Thank you so much for finding that Sphinx! :D

I feel much better now knowing that I have not gone completely mental conjuring up images of Moz with dead people in my head. And yeah, I love that sweet Oscar Wilde piccie too! Hurrah!

Thanks, Sphinx, have never seen this pic before!!!

Back
Top Bottom