Panic on the streets of Dublin

D

dazzak

I certainly made a lucky escape! Had to go to UCD. Got the 10 out from Dame St. Saw all the police running towards O'Connell St. Then coming back I got the 17. Totally avoided the area.

Well, they got what they wanted.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/northern_ireland/4750576.stm

Re: Fenian Scum

What is fenian? Interestingly have only ever heard it followed by scum or bastard.

A fenian is a term of abuse aimed at an irish republican/nationalist, from people of aloyalist/unionist persuaison.

As for the march it was a joke, should never have been allowed, trouble was inevitable.

The march didn't happen.
We kid ourselves that we are a pluralist, liberal Republic but quite the opposite is true.
Fenian scum held the city to ransom. The "Guards" didn't care, the politicians didn't care, and the general populace despised the scum who rioted.
I speak as a Catholic who lives in the so-called Republic.

Dirty Turncoat, Jackeen, Souper, Orange Bastard, Hun Scum

> The march didn't happen.
> We kid ourselves that we are a pluralist, liberal Republic but quite the
> opposite is true.
> Fenian scum held the city to ransom. The "Guards" didn't care,
> the politicians didn't care, and the general populace despised the scum
> who rioted.
> I speak as a Catholic who lives in the so-called Republic.
The "Guards" - surely you mean An Garda Siochaná. The march was a joke. a severe error of judgement on the part of the Government. Let the families of the dead and the politicians have their day out, let them be heard, sure enough. But letting those dirty Orange Bastards parade past the GPO, singing Loyalist songs and looking down there noses at the "Fenian scum", which by the way is what they brand the general populace, is completely unacceptable. You might as well have a UVF rally at Kilmainham Gaol. Do you think the British authorities would allow Republican Sinn Fein or even the Provos for that matter hold a similar triumphalist march down to Westminister on Easter Monday? Like f*** they would. You might be kidding yourself about where you live, but I don't. Just remember the country your living in. If it wasn't for "Fenian Scum" during the War of Independence you'd still be living under the Butcher's Apron, a British subject, but then again you sound like you'd be a fiercely loyal one. People died so you could openly admit you are a Catholic. People died so you could live in this "so called" Republic. It would do you well to remember that

As for the riots, no one likes to see that sort of behaviour, but what did they expect? It takes a long time for the wounds of 800 years of oppression to be healed. No one wants their noses rubbed in it.

If you feel that strongly about go off and try to join the DUP or the Orange Order - you wouldn't be allowed because your a Catholic.

Re: Dirty Turncoat, Jackeen, Souper, Orange Bastard, Hun Scum

Were YOU there?
I doubt it.
I was.
I had to comfort my terrified small child because SO-CALLED republicans took it upon themselves to throw concrete slabs at the forces of law and order of MY country and loot, pillage and destroy MY home city.
At the risk of repeating myself, there WAS no march. This "republic"(I suggest you look up the term)couldn't even allow the basic right of assembly to citizens of a part of our shared little island.
"Republican" Sinn Féin, their Sinn Féin fellow travellers,
their murderous Ongar cohorts and armchair IRA wankers would bring us back to the abyss of the 1969-94 troubles, but hopefully common sense will prevail.
Very few Dubs supported Pearse and his death obsessed colleagues in 1916.
NO decent person supported the scum that brought chaos to our streets in 2006.
May I remind you that you are posting on a website about an English singer with Irish parents. Surely we should accept our shared heritage and recognize our British links which have only benifited us for so long and continue to do so.
And by the way, no one died for me to admit I am a Catholic. I could just have easily admitted it in 1916 as 2006.
Also, Charlie Bird is apparently an "Orange Bastard". The mentality of that is really beyond satire.

> Were YOU there?
> I doubt it.
> I was.

No, but I did have family members who caught up in the events of the day

> I had to comfort my terrified small child because SO-CALLED republicans
> took it upon themselves to throw concrete slabs at the forces of law and
> order of MY country and loot, pillage and destroy MY home city.

Well, that was unfortunate, and I do sympathise with you on that account. But I suggest you vent your anger at those who gave permission for the Mmarch. Mary Hearney herself (you should know who she is - you sound like a PD to me), while condemning the actions of the rioters, also stated the Orange Order were a bigoted and sectarian organisation. It is also MY country, and MY capitol to which you are referring. A city which have lived in, and have very clsoe family ties to.

> At the risk of repeating myself, there WAS no march.

Good.
T
> This "republic"(I suggest you look up the term)couldn't even allow
> the basic right of assembly to citizens of a part of our shared little
> island.

How dare you condescend to me, you mealy mouthed little bollix. The whole crux of the problem is that this "little island" is not shared but rather forcefully partioned.

> "Republican" Sinn Féin, their Sinn Féin fellow travellers,
> their murderous Ongar cohorts and armchair IRA wankers would bring us back
> to the abyss of the 1969-94 troubles, but hopefully common sense will
> prevail.

I'm with you 100% on that score. But msy I reiterate, allowing Loyalist bands to march down O'Connell Street is asking for trouble.

> Very few Dubs supported Pearse and his death obsessed colleagues in 1916.

I know, and its one of the biggest disgraces in Iriah History. These heroes were treated with the same disdain as the rioters of last Saturday.

> NO decent person supported the scum that brought chaos to our streets in
> 2006.
> May I remind you that you are posting on a website about an English singer
> with Irish parents. Surely we should accept our shared heritage and
> recognize our British links which have only benifited us for so long and
> continue to do so.

May I remind you the Orangeism has its roots in northern Ireland, and not in England, and the only cultural link between members of the Orange Order and Morrissey is there entitlement to carry a British passport. Indeed, as a Catholic, he wouldn't be very welcome in an Orange Lodge. I'm willing to accept the fact there is a common heritage, if your willing to stop being an apologist for British Imperialism and oppression of our antecedents.

> And by the way, no one died for me to admit I am a Catholic. I could just
> have easily admitted it in 1916 as 2006.

Yes I know. Thats because of the emancipation of Catholics in the previous century. Are you forgetting your history? A religion banned, clerics hunted. Secret Masses - need I go on? And while it may have been easy for you to profess your faith in 1916, would it have been as easy to do so in 1816?

> Also, Charlie Bird is apparently an "Orange Bastard". The
> mentality of that is really beyond satire.

Your not far wrong there.

It shocks me to see you have no sense of respect whatsoever for the founding fathers of this great nation of ours. I'm not surprised the slab and bottle throwing hooligans show no respect for the flag and the meaning behind it. Then again those who they were protesting against don't even recognise it.

Were I come from, we have a word for people like you.

WEST BRIT. Climb back up the Queen's hole, where you belong.

I think someone needs a hug

Back
Top Bottom