Old Morrissey or New?

Old or New Morrissey?

• Old

Votes: 37 60.7%
  • New

Votes: 24 39.3%

• Total voters
c'mon, I wasn't born yesterday :p

He took some hot pics in that period (like all the other periods :p), tho I don't like the fake scar stuff.

well we ALL know you were not born yesterday...

I actually like the fake scar ones,I remember flying over to see him on the boxers tour and he had this "black eye"
haha
by the end of the show he was all sweaty and most of the "black eye" had vanished in the sweat.

Music - Old Moz
Politics - Push....I don't think he's changed much, I think he's pretty outspoken on that....
Style-wise - new Moz, he'd look foolish wearing those clothes from the 80s :D

But for me, "old" Morrissey is a part of "new" Morrissey, if that makes sence...

hear hear, and this is why i couldnt pick one or the other...
:rolleyes:

Old Moz, any day. I think he's been in a bit of a slump from Quarry onward. The albums' cool, I like most of the tracks, but compared to Your Arsenal, Maladjusted, Bona Drag, Vauxhall... It doesn't stand up. Admittedly, this is the tragedy of exceptional artists, they are constantly in competition with themselves, as the audience will judge everything by comparison to they're best work. I can only hope that the new album will boast songs with all the power of Suedehead, or Every Day is Like Sunday,..but I'm not expecting it to. The best may very well be behind us. Still great live, though.

Old. There is only so much I can take of well-put-together men. Not to say that he is not lovable now..

There's only one Moz people, face it.
This kind of question makes it seem like he's been abducted by aliens in his youth and replaced by some unknown specimen.
It's natural for people to evolve and change and I like seeing that in him, in his music, in his life, it's proof that he's alive.

:D haha, thank you saying this.

But for me, "old" Morrissey is a part of "new" Morrissey, if that makes sence...

Makes perfect and total sense. :)

I think Maladjusted was the first album he did that sucked eggs. That was 1997, or about 10 years ago. It was nothing like his stellar earlier work or the work he did with the Smiths! My fave solo albums are basically Viva and Vauxhall; he put out a lot of good singles, but at 48 (almost 49! sheesh!) he should think about retiring from making new music, have a few "oldies" tours and then retire by age 50. :cool:

New largely because hes now more willing to play around with different styles...the probably with "old" Morrissey is that is often kinda blends together...and lets not ignore the fact that a lot of the best old morrissey was cast off as b-sides. All and all I'm realy thinking that the coming album granted the slated titles and known tunes may be his best solo album yet

Style wise, music wise, politics wise etcetera, do you prefer old or new morrissey? I'd class new morrissey as the past 10 years or so, from You are the Quarry onwards.

Middle Morrissey for me.

ok..i think that some of moz's ealier songs were stronger than nowadays..but not too much..i speak in the context of quarry and ringleader..i really love them both..each on their own way..but they're maybe not as strong as in the past..(just my opinion).. nevertheless i can't live without them..(pigsty..wow..my fave song..for such a long time) so I'm really looking forward to the new stuff..the songs we are already know seem very strong to me..hope it will continue on the following album..i like that little change in another direction..more bass and drums:guitar:
so i choose the new one in hope for the next album)

style..damn he never was sexier than today..his clothes..his charme (yes..you got it moz..i know you wouldn't agree now)..his wrinkles..all these attributes together makes him absolut adorable and resistless..:rolleyes:..so also new moz..no doubt;)

so i come to a conclusion of..
30% old moz and
70% new moz:)

I wasn't going to vote but I just voted for new cause it doesn't have as many votes as it should ideally have.
I mean, I can imagine him sitting in front of his computer wondering if he has indeed become unlovable :o

Back
Top Bottom