Off-topic fight thread

Re: Victim scripts...

While you pull the PC card with me, RB, do you know that one of your favorite polemical, intelligent, witty, assertive male poster's favorite hobby was posting pics of Downs Syndrome kids at any given chance? :straightface:

I don't think that is appropriate. And you know it. I honestly don't even think it is acceptable to call you fat and post pics of overweight people. But sometimes, I too, sink to the lowest common denominator.

I don't think that is appropriate. And you know it. I honestly don't even think it is acceptable to call you fat and post pics of overweight people. But sometimes, I too, sink to the lowest common denominator.

Every chance you can you do that. You've decided I am fat and crazy and every chance you can you try to rope people into bullying me. You reference me in the third person because my input doesn't matter, my thoughts are of no value, what is important is your illusion of intelligence and dominance.

Every chance you can you do that. You've decided I am fat and crazy and every chance you can you try to rope people into bullying me. You reference me in the third person because my input doesn't matter, my thoughts are of no value, what is important is your illusion of intelligence and dominance.

Do you care what I think about you? Nothing suggests you do. So why does what I say matter? No, I don't want people to bully you. But, I don't want people to believe your delusions. Any of them. They go against everything I value. Your epistemology is wacko. Signs, visions, dreams, ghosts, spirits, talking to god(s), tarot cards. I value reason, rational thinking, evidence based knowledge. I think your values and views are dangerous.

You know, in all honesty, your looks matter not. I don't know what half the people here look like. I like a lot of them none the less. I am not that shallow.

Do you care what I think about you? Nothing suggests you do. So why does what I say matter? No, I don't want people to bully you. But, I don't want people to believe your delusions. Any of them. They go against everything I value. Your epistemology is wacko. Signs, visions, dreams, ghosts, spirits, talking to god(s), tarot cards. I value reason, rational thinking, evidence based knowledge. I think your values and views are dangerous.

You know, in all honesty, your looks matter not. I don't know what half the people here look like. I like a lot of them none the less. I am not that shallow.

I am polemic.

No, you aren't.

Why are your views right and mine wrong? Why do you rationalize that chastising me personally is justifiable because my ideas are dangerous? Why am I not entitled to peacefully entertain my ideas?

Why are your views right and mine wrong?

You have a faith-based epistemology. Belief without evidence. Faith is the word one uses when one does not have enough evidence to justify holding a belief, but one just goes ahead and believes anyway. All your ways of knowing are faith-based. Basically you are pretending to know things you do not know.

Why do you rationalize that chastising me personally is justifiable because my ideas are dangerous?

Not all ideas are equally worth sharing. Some ideas are dangerous because they are false. I tremble with fear at the thought of you being in a position to influence the minds of impressionable folks such as children and the cognitively impaired. You should never be allowed to be a school teacher, day care worker, social worker, counselor, therapist, or politician.

Why am I not entitled to peacefully entertain my ideas?

Peacefully entertain your false and dangerous ideas without question, opposition, and justification? Not on this forum. Not on this planet. Not in this universe.

Well now we agree on something.

You have a faith-based epistemology. Belief without evidence. Faith is the word one uses when one does not have enough evidence to justify holding a belief, but one just goes ahead and believes anyway. All your ways of knowing are faith-based. Basically you are pretending to know things you do not know.

Not all ideas are equally worth sharing. Some ideas are dangerous because they are false. I tremble with fear at the thought of you being in a position to influence the minds of impressionable folks such as children and the cognitively impaired. You should never be allowed to be a school teacher, day care worker, social worker, counselor, therapist, or politician.

Peacefully entertain your false and dangerous ideas without question, opposition, and justification? Not on this forum. Not on this planet. Not in this universe.

THe part of deranged dictator will be played by realitybites...

Of course you are incapable of a carefully articulated, rational retort. I didn't expect one.

Read your post, you have lost touch with the freedom of speech. You truly are as closed-minded as you come across, I thought it might be an act.

Read your post, you have lost touch with the freedom of speech. You truly are as closed-minded as you come across, I thought it might be an act.

You don't understand the concept of freedom of speech. Can I post anti-Semitic, fascist, ideologies and beliefs on this forum? Why not? Because they are dangerous faith-based beliefs and ideologies--beliefs/ideologies without evidence.

There are limitations to the freedom of speech. It is not an absolute right on this forum, in this country... or anywhere. You would be laughed off most websites long ago. And would not be able to post much of what you do outside the US. You have it good at Solo--a US based website that has a very liberal stance on posting.

Opinions are different. This is an opinion: oranges taste good. I would never take issue with that.

Claiming you had sex with Christopher Hitchens' succubus is a faith-based belief--delusion--not based on evidence. And it is not an opinion. You are making a claim--stating you know this to be true without evidence. I can, should, and will call you out on that. To NOT do so would be irresponsible and make me complicit in the spread of dangerous beliefs and claims.

I DO not believe in the absolute right to freedom of speech. I don't know anyone who does.

You don't understand the concept of freedom of speech. Can I post anti-Semitic, fascist, ideologies and beliefs on this forum? Why not? Because they are dangerous faith-based beliefs and ideologies--beliefs/ideologies without evidence.

There are limitations to the freedom of speech. It is not an absolute right on this forum, in this country... or anywhere. You would be laughed off most websites long ago. And would not be able to post much of what you do outside the US. You have it good at Solo--a US based website that has a very liberal stance on posting.

Opinions are different. This is an opinion: oranges taste good. I would never take issue with that.

Claiming you had sex with Christopher Hitchens' succubus is a faith-based belief--delusion--not based on evidence. And it is not an opinion. You are making a claim--stating you know this to be true without evidence. I can, should, and will call you out on that. To NOT do so would be irresponsible and make me complicit in the spread of dangerous beliefs and claims.

I DO not believe in the absolute right to freedom of speech. I don't know anyone who does.

You don't even make sense anymore. :squiffy: I feel like sparring with you is enabling your megalomania, maybe I should put you on ignore for your own health?

You don't even make sense anymore. :squiffy: I feel like sparring with you is enabling your megalomania, maybe I should put you on ignore for your own health?

I am NOT surprised that I don't make sense to you. It has all gone over your head, hasn't it?!

Please DO put me on ignore. Put those blinders on. We don't want exposure to my comments to upset your irrational, delusional apple cart. You go ahead and only read what supports and confirms your biases. Go crawl inside a faith-based epistemological filter bubble.

PS - 'Sparring' with me does neither boost my ego nor take it down a notch. It can, however, be argued that it does help me fine-tune my rhetorical skills which are necessary in the war against reason.

I could ignore you. But I have learned it doesn't work. Best to stay on top of things. Keep you in check.

I am NOT surprised that I don't make sense to you. It has all gone over your head, hasn't it?!

Please DO put me on ignore. Put those blinders on. We don't want exposure to my comments to upset your irrational, delusional apple cart. You go ahead and only read what supports and confirms your biases. Go crawl inside a faith-based epistemological filter bubble.

PS - 'Sparring' with me does neither boost my ego nor take it down a notch. It can, however, be argued that it does help me fine-tune my rhetorical skills which are necessary in the war against reason.

I could ignore you. But I have learned it doesn't work. Best to stay on top of things. Keep you in check.

I can't put this kind of hilarity on ignore. What was I thinking?

Back
Top Bottom