Obsessive Moz Fans!

• Thread starter Deleted member 1074
  • Start date
What does everyone think of them? Do they make other Moz fan's look bad? Ever had any encounters? Are you one?

My personal tale:

Personally I think they are bad...but that is because one in paticular has been sending me hateful PM's because I said I didn't like Jesse Tobias or his songwriting.

I cannot see how anyone can be blindly devoted so much as to not be able to admit when something isn't good...and even worse to send someone many PM's over it yelling at them because they don't like a band member.

According to this person I am not a "true Morrissey fan" because I don't like his choice of band members and I don't like the direction his music went with the last album.

I suspect this person who wrote me is really Julia Riley in disguise...:rolleyes:

i would love so much that you made a thread about me. thats so f***ing funny.
and yet this is a Morrissey Forum not a "queen bitch" forum like some kind of stupidity

What is "so f***ing funny" is how you couldn't make the first of two sentences you typed make sense.

You might wanna try and edit that...

Awww...and you edited your message so it was about me...how cute :o

The word 'obsessive' has really negative connotations and suggests the fans are verging on the pathological. This I think is really scary as it is probably a very fine line between being an 'obsessive' fan and mental illness.

Yes...to see an example of that look no further than evergreennightmare :eek:

I agree about the negative connotations of "obsessive", and as has been said, there are different levels of obsession for different people because not everyone thinks the same.

However, I don't think it's too difficult to distinguish between the slightly over-enthusiastic fans and the borderline pathological ones. People who concentrate their full attention and affection towards nothing but Morrissey, who spend 24 hours a day on this site forfeiting friends and realtionships for it, who seriously think the man is the second coming of Christ and won't hear a bad word against him. That stuff is scary.

As it is, I think most people on this site are quite balanced :) . The site has it's share of trolls and of blind devotees but then what fansite doesn't? I don't particularly class it as an insult if someone called me 'obsessive' - normally such words are used in gest to describe anyone who ever bought a band T-Shirt :p

Personally I think they are bad...but that is because one in paticular has been sending me hateful PM's because I said I didn't like Jesse Tobias or his songwriting.

According to this person I am not a "true Morrissey fan" because I don't like his choice of band members and I don't like the direction his music went with the last album.

But what if you really do like Jesse/the songwriting/musical direction? Does that mean you are an obsessed fan?

I've been coming in here for about eight years.
Suppose that makes me obsessive.

The crazy one is PMing me again...

They just sent me a PM that said "You make me want to take a crap"...

How sick is that??? Freaks!

Back
Top Bottom