Now I hate everybody and everybody hates me, guess I should have known

L

ladylazarus

I can't be arsed to read all the posts so I might be repeating someone else, but do give Hefner a try. They're a three-piece London band with a Postcard Records-esque strumming sound, infectuous tunes and witty lyrics written by a bloke who shags and drinks his way through a dull existence but nevertheless is as miserable as a celibate Mancunian in the early 80s. I have on several occasions pegged Darren Hayman as the Morrissey who gets all the shags and that's the best way to describe it really. If there is any justice in the world (which I highly doubt), they'll be bigger than the fake plastic indie ponces known as Stereophonics or indeed the grossly overrated Travis who are nice but never compelling.

The world is also in great need of more Tindersticks, Jeff Buckley, Arab Strap and Beth Orton. In my humble opinion, that is.

Enough bitching, time for coffee and taped episodes of This Life.

Would you by any chance rise out of the ash dear red head?!

But I question your feasting on men as though they were air...

: )

> I can't be arsed to read all the posts so I might be repeating
> someone else, but do give Hefner a try. They're a three-piece
> London band with a Postcard Records-esque strumming sound,
> infectuous tunes and witty lyrics written by a bloke who shags
> and drinks his way through a dull existence but nevertheless is
> as miserable as a celibate Mancunian in the early 80s. I have on
> several occasions pegged Darren Hayman as the Morrissey who gets
> all the shags and that's the best way to describe it really.

Oooooh, I've just recently "discovered" Hefner, myself. (Well, being a B&S fan, I initially sampled a couple of songs a while back, but wasn't impressed). I picked up "Boxing Helena," though, and I absolutely adore it. Darren Hayman (?) is definitely a gifted lyricist.

Click On the "Lyrics!"

And from the ashes I rise with my red hair and I eat men like air

My fake plastic redheadedness and I tend to rise out of the ashes quite often. It is my ambition to eat men like air, but a shyness that is criminally vulgar stops me most of the time. I console myself by thinking that dear Syvvie was very much the same before she met ted Hughes and bit his cheek at a dinnerparty.
And as I've promoted myself as the Hefner messenger, I should probably add that the new album, or more of a compilation really, is called Boxing Hefner rather than the underrated Jennifer Lynch film Boxing Helena.

Time to go folding carton boxes. I just love being adored for my brilliant mind.

Helena

Re: Oh how I long for winter now!

Firstly, you seem like my sort of person! : )

And to that said shyness I say to say, you do not do, you do not do any more black shoe...

The good girl was intelligent and interesting enough to become the 'why should I?' girl...that is what I love about her best.

> Time to go folding carton boxes. I just love being adored for my
> brilliant mind.

Sounds as fulfilling as making christmas cards with the mentally ill!

When will change come, just like spring rain

> Firstly, you seem like my sort of person! : )

Why thank you. *proceeding with the usual 'why should I' routine, blushing very much included*
I'm nearly as bad as giving compliments as receiving them so please don't hate me if I don't respond with the "you're very much my sort of person too" I really want to be able to say. Oops, I think I just said it.

Yes, one of Sylvia's most wonderful traits was her modesty. Only people who have absolutely nothing to be proud of turn into bragging monsters. Or at least I'd like to think so.
Anyway, have you read Birthday Letters by the dreaded Ted Hughes? It is very much his version of their relationship, but it's nevertheless constantly interesting reading. He appears to be obsessed with her "Veronica Lake bang and what it hid".

Why can't it start raining? There's nothing quite like a solitary walk in lovely summer rain.

hi lady

i agree definitely that the world needs more tindersticks, and to let you know that they are working on a new soundtrack called "trouble every day" for the the forthcoming film by french art house director clare denis. the same director they worked with on "nenette et boni"

they have also been playing a new song called "sweet release" at their last few live sets, which has really grown on me, but it is not officially released yet

best loulou

p.s. and jeff buckley.......i asume you know that he is dead, right ??

The world is also in great need of more Tindersticks, Jeff
> Buckley, Arab Strap and Beth Orton. In my humble opinion, that
> is.

The centre of things from which everything stands is not where I belong

new tindersticks material?? lovely. let's just hope that the songs will have stu's breathtaking vocals on them as opposed to the instrumentals orgie that was "nenette et boni". not that i particularly disapprove of instrumentals but stuart has the amazing ability to improve things even more.

and yes, i am sadly aware of the fact that dear jeff is no longer with us. i still declare that the world needs more jeff though. dammit, why didn't he ever release a cover album with smiths songs? his short but beautiful version of i know it's over on mystery white boy makes me cry. what a waste...

Back
Top Bottom