November Spawned A Monster Smiths / Morrissey Charity Auction!

I'll send out a bulletin on my Smiths page, see if anyone hasn't heard :)

Last edited:
I'm new to selling stuff on ebay..... should there be? Or do we just start at zero and see what happens?

Jukebox Jury

If you will pardon the pun for the moment - the jury's out on this one.

Some say you should start the bidding with the lowest price you are willing to sell at - but look at how many "buy it now"s go unsold.

Some say start the bidding low but set a reserve at the lowest price you are willing to sell - the logic being that if you hook someone into bidding low they will bid higher. Again, look at how many go unsold because they never reach their reserve.

Selling with no reserve and a low starting price is a bit of a lottery - just look at collectors corner; we all pick up bargains from time to time, if the buyer thinks they've bagged a bargain, then just put yourself in the sellers shoes - they were planning on retiring off that single they've been hoarding for twenty years...now they are going to have to stay on at work for a few more years...

By not placing a reserve or starting with a high starting price you at least guarantee it will sell - might not be for as much as you'd like, or think it is worth, but it will sell and the cash goes straight to SLC.

Personally, I'd stick the items on with a low start and no reserve - describe them as accurately as possible and then use all of your contacts and websites etc... to advertise the fact that the money is for a good cause.

Keep up the good work!

Personally, I'd stick the items on with a low start and no reserve - describe them as accurately as possible and then use all of your contacts and websites etc... to advertise the fact that the money is for a good cause.

Keep up the good work!

Good advice.

Peter

Not sure if I've missed this but is there an ebay link so bids can be made for this giant banner?

Ben
If you read re-read the 1st post on this thread, it gives you the date when the auction starts and ends.

Jukebox Jury

Back
Top Bottom