New Moz photo by Andrew Quinn - "on Cut Throat Lane"

77500D42-92B5-41B8-8532-CD16DF7F4DA9.jpeg

UPDATE (April 17, 12:05pm):
Now deleted / made private on Instagram.

Slightly larger image still on andrew-quinn.com - link posted by The Alchemist:

Media item:

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 103423

Heaven knows what Morrissey was doing back in Harrogate…

The Stray Ferret asked Mr Quinn for permission to show the photo in our article, but he politely declined, saying:

“[Morrissey] is quite a private person and I don’t think he’d be comfortable with that.”

Mr Quinn has since made his Instagram account private, but not before the picture was shared on a Morrissey fan page. Fans commented that the “maverick” star looked “healthy”.

Personal observation of his IG post before it vanished was that it was full of 'fan' questioning / health-related comments.
FWD.
Yeah, that's what I thought, since there were already fan accounts following him.

Casual ageism is not cool. Moz looks great. The man's a legend.
Here's hoping there is an imminent deal announcement with Stray Ferret Records.

‘Morrissey, the elusive former frontman of The Smiths, has been photographed in suitably mysterious circumstances in a tiny hamlet between Ripon and Harrogate.

The 64-year-old, who is known for his enigmatic persona, posed with his arms folded in front of street signs and a dry stone wall on Cut Throat Lane in Shaw Mills.

Why he happened to be in Shaw Mills, which is six miles from Harrogate, is not known.

London photographer Andrew Quinn shared the image on his Instagram page yesterday.

The Stray Ferret asked Mr Quinn for permission to show the photo in our article, but he politely declined, saying:

“[Morrissey] is quite a private person and I don’t think he’d be comfortable with that.”
Mr Quinn has since made his Instagram account private, but not before the picture was shared on a Morrissey fan page. Fans commented that the “maverick” star looked “healthy”.

The Stray Ferret received reports of Morrissey being seen leaving the Fat Badger pub in Harrogate at the end of March but no pictures emerged.

Yesterday, we showed James Bond star Pierce Brosnan enjoying a drink in the Fat Badger.

Really? Don’t really like The Cure’s output of the last 20 odd years. Moz’s is way above that.
But DM’s latest one is quite good, yes.
I agree that their (Cure’s) two latest albums were weak, but not as weak as LIHS. And their new, unreleased, material is better than anything they’ve done since Disintegration (bar a few odd songs from Wish, Wild Mood Swings and Bloodflowers). They’re inspired, profound, deeply touching and gorgeously composed. Soul-baring stuff that our Mozzer hasn’t come close in decades. I’m a huge fan of both, but I have no qualms about admitting that The Cure of today is on a completely different level than Moz.

Imagine driving along with your grandad and he sees a sign saying Cut Throat Lane and he goes, “Oh stop the car, let me get my photo taken with that sign.” So you stop and he hands you his phone and you take the photo and then it ends up on his Instagram. But grandad isn’t a comedian. Grandad’s just a silly old man.
I think that sounds endearing and very charming.

I agree that their (Cure’s) two latest albums were weak, but not as weak as LIHS. And their new, unreleased, material is better than anything they’ve done since Disintegration (bar a few odd songs from Wish, Wild Mood Swings and Bloodflowers). They’re inspired, profound, deeply touching and gorgeously composed. Soul-baring stuff that our Mozzer hasn’t come close in decades. I’m a huge fan of both, but I have no qualms about admitting that The Cure of today is on a completely different level than Moz.
Yes, I’m a fan of both too. But The Cure haven’t released anything close to the level of Maladjusted, Quarry or Ringleader in the past 30 years. The last album of The Cure I really enjoyed was Wish, its best songs of equal beauty as most of Disintegration, but after that no album has really grabbed me.

I am looking forward to a new album, lord knows we’ve waited long enough by now. 16 years and counting… And some find Bonfire long overdue ;)

Imagine driving along with your grandad and he sees a sign saying Cut Throat Lane and he goes, “Oh stop the car, let me get my photo taken with that sign.” So you stop and he hands you his phone and you take the photo and then it ends up on his Instagram.

But grandad isn’t a comedian. Grandad’s just a silly old man.

Either is Morrissey.

Yes, I’m a fan of both too. But The Cure haven’t released anything close to the level of Maladjusted, Quarry or Ringleader in the past 30 years. The last album of The Cure I really enjoyed was Wish, its best songs of equal beauty as most of Disintegration, but after that no album has really grabbed me.

I am looking forward to a new album, lord knows we’ve waited long enough by now. 16 years and counting… And some find Bonfire long overdue ;)
Agree on Maladjusted, but I think Bloodflowers comes close to whipping Quarry. ROTT definitely. Weirdly underrated album, Bloodflowers. It’s the Maladjusted of the Cure discography. A classic sounding album that checks all the boxes and that should be loved by all, but is instead shunned by most.

I find Wish terribly uneven. Some songs, however, rank among their best of all time (To Wish…, Apart, Open, From the Edge…).

Yeah, I don’t know what the hell Robert is doing. Feels like he’s lost the plot regarding the album. They announced it in 2019, I think.

Screenshot_20240417-172238.png

😂 I guess the fan gushing and crazed follower influx was all too much...
Odd move given some of their non-Morrissey photography.
FWD.

View attachment 103451

😂 I guess the fan gushing and crazed follower influx was all too much...
Odd move given some of their non-Morrissey photography.
FWD.
Well… you can just imagine the crazy shit he was being hit with from the Twitter crew.
How was Mozi? Did he seem ok? Where is he now? What is his phone number? Did he mention anything about Bonfire of Teenagers? Why did he cancel Nottingham? Is he really racist? Did he have a blue rose? When did he last speak to Johnny? Who controls Central? Has he bookmarked folkdevil.com? Who cuts his hair?

Can’t believe some of these more ridiculous and hideous comments! :lbf: I mean, to be clear - I don’t think they’re funny at all, but some of them are unbelievable.

If only, lol. Because IF ONLY there were any other men like Morrissey at all, anywhere! Looks and mind!

Can anyone confirm the following rumour about why he keeps wearing flares?
He's seen Shaun Ryder's recent state of ill-health and reckons the Happy Mondays might soon be looking for a new lead singer, and has therefore adjusted his dress sense accordingly?
he's probably wearing vintage levi's which have a wider leg opening.

Back
Top Bottom