Nancy a-listed on radio 1 but not moz?!

R

robhenson

how come nancys version of let me kiss you is A-listed
(http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/r2music/playlist/)
on the Radio 2 playlist, but Mozzers superior version gets no airplay? I havent heard it once! Voice your comments here http://www.bbc.co.uk/feedback/

I predict number 13

It does say Nancy AND Morrissey on their playlist. I'm sure he gets airplay over there. Even the entire YATQ-album was A-listed when released, and FOTGTD was Song of the Week. I'm really curious if it will go top 10 again.

Re: I predict number 13

yer, i know thats what it says, but personally i havent yet heard Mozzers version played yet, but have heard nancys many times. When it says nancy and moz it may mean moz on backing vocals.

It's quite strange. I visit a few music message boards and the kids were a bit taken aback when FOTGTD was released. A lot of them hadn't even heard it and were surprised it was so high. With the release of LMKY they are all totally aware of it and most are predicting it for the top ten even though it seems to have had no promotion and no airplay. I think FOTGTD raised his profile to a higher level so that he almost doesn't need airplay anymore.

What's also striking is that Suedehead, the best of Morrissey is in the Album top 40 again! I think he's gained a few new fans this year, in the UK at least.

Re: I'll say lucky #4 for Morrissey.

I reckon #4 for Morrissy and squeezing in at #10 for Nancy. Wouldn't that be just grand? Two versions of the same song in the top 10. I wish that somehow 'Let me kiss you' could've been played on the Jonathan Ross show. I think it's interesting that the Morrissey single won't get a US release. This must be so that all the sales come from Britain and count towards the UK chart. Or meringue?

Perhaps Mozzer will pull a fast one and his version won't be available on Monday so that we troop to the shop and can only get Nancy's version. Later in the week the Morrissey version appears. Hey preto his friend gets terrific sales. I should be in marketing!

> What's also striking is that Suedehead, the best of Morrissey is in the
> Album top 40 again! I think he's gained a few new fans this year, in the
> UK at least.

Re: I'll say lucky #4 for Morrissey.

It's selling well according to the Amazon and HMV pre-release charts, as did FOTGTD. It'll be interesting to see how many units he can shift with zero promotion as I assume 95% of the sales will be to hardcore enthusiasts who buy everything anyway. I get the impression that there are really very few floating purchasers out there. FOTDTD seems to have made a big impact with non-fans but that's not reflected in the sales figures. It'll be very interesting is LMKY sells anything like the same number of copies as FOTGTD. The main thing is that he's had three very different singles in the charts and will hopefully have made one or two people look past their preconceived ideas of what a Morrissey record sounds like.

Back
Top Bottom