My Favorite Morrissey Line...

zom

Menior Sember
"I know you love one person so why cant you love two?"

I dont know if it the phrasing of the song performed but this line never came together for me until I was listening to the bootleg of Hammersmith 1991(?). It absolutely kills me.

zom

Uncleskinny said:
"Don't rake up my mistakes - I know exactly what they are"

Peter

Oh, yes!

"I've been stabbed in the back so many, many times/ I don't have any skin, but that's just the way it goes."

"I should be dead, but here I am in Detroit!"

Ok, not from a song but from my one and only live show, Detroit '04, it was his intro line.

zom

"4 A.M. Northside, Clapham Common / Oh, god, what was she doing there?" is actually my all time favourite.

With no reason to hide these words I feel
And no reason to talk about the books I read
But still
I do.

xo, math+

One of my recent favourites was "Say, would you let me cry on your shoulder/I've heard that you'll try anything twice".

dazzak said:
One of my recent favourites was "Say, would you let me cry on your shoulder/I've heard that you'll try anything twice".

I was about to post the same one! I think it is funniest line on the album.

zom

zom said:
I was about to post the same one! I think it is funniest line on the album.

zom
It manages to encapsulate all the things I love about Moz: A bitter poignancy, razor-sharp wit and an effortless musicality welded onto a not very musical sentence.

I jsut watched a clip on youtube where Noel Gallagher says Morrissey is the most literate man to write lyrics. Great quote, in a nutshell you know?

zom

"My love is as sharp as a needle in your eye
You must be such a fool to pass me by..."

"It's so easy to laugh, it's so easy to hate. It takes guts to be gentle and kind."

In my early twenties, the words really made me stop and think of the kind of world I wanted to live in, and how I treat those around me...

Back
Top Bottom