My dear Brits: Tell me about red hair!

• Thread starter Bored At Unemployment
  • Start date
B

Bored At Unemployment

I didn't really want to get off topic, but inquiring minds who listen to Morrissey want to know.

I heard that in Britain, it is considered shameful or laughable to be "ginger" (or to have a red "quiff"?). I daresay that they might even have the "mickey taken out of them."

Is this true? Honest-to-God, why? Over in Canada (and in the States, I imagine, too, but who's gonna ask 'em), it's actually considered very attractive for a woman to have red hair.

Just another delightful cultural difference, I suppose.

They dont f***in know...they dont even bathe or brush their teeth,the last thing they should be worried about is red hair.

Actually when you don't wash for so long you don't even notice it. But that bad breath taste never goes away, so we have to find something to distract us.
Making fun of gingers (g pronounced as in good) is the most entertaining way we've discovered, and as far as I'm aware the ginger's like it too.

> They dont f***in know...they dont even bathe or brush their teeth,the last
> thing they should be worried about is red hair.

> Actually when you don't wash for so long you don't even notice it. But
> that bad breath taste never goes away, so we have to find something to
> distract us.
> Making fun of gingers (g pronounced as in good) is the most entertaining
> way we've discovered, and as far as I'm aware the ginger's like it too.
Interesting, I've always noticed in Martin Amis novels that the characters who get the low end of the stick always have *ginger* hair. They're always the ones who are the losers, and get the worst luck. Strange, as being a redhead over here is considered HOT.

Ginger should be recognised as an ethnic minority, it originates from NW Europe, so you get alot of Scots who are Ginger and if you're Ginger you usually have a bad temper.

Red isn't Ginger

You have to understand a key difference between RED head and GINGER... THEY ARE NOT THE SAME!!! Red hair is attractive... ginger is far closer to orange and the people are usually covered in freckles.

> Interesting, I've always noticed in Martin Amis novels that the characters
> who get the low end of the stick always have *ginger* hair. They're always
> the ones who are the losers, and get the worst luck. Strange, as being a
> redhead over here is considered HOT.

Re: Red isn't Ginger

> You have to understand a key difference between RED head and GINGER...
> THEY ARE NOT THE SAME!!! Red hair is attractive... ginger is far closer to
> orange and the people are usually covered in freckles.
Oh like Ron Howard?

I love ginger hair and freckles all over

More like Mick Hucknall who is almost universally considered the paragon of gingers. He is their spiritual and philosophical leader and he has to be stopped at all costs!

> Oh like Ron Howard?

> More like Mick Hucknall who is almost universally considered the paragon
> of gingers. He is their spiritual and philosophical leader and he has to
> be stopped at all costs!
LOL, I haven't heard anything new from Mick Hucknall in YEARS! Yes, he's covered in freckles!

> I love ginger hair and freckles all over

i agree. if a woman is covered in freck and has ginger hair i am smitten immediately!! a message to all of you:

you are perfect!! do not be ashamed

There are very many imperfect gingers; I agree that every now and then I have this perverse feeling that the ginger person I'm looking at is strangely desirable; that her freckles take on a strange beauty all of their own creating a depth and transparency to the skin so that it glows with heath. That the red locks flowing down her face awaken the archetypal pagan in me and I'm suddenly interested in pre-raphaelite painting...But I warn you, it is an illusion with dangers spelt out very clearly in Keate's 'La Belle Dame sans Merci'.
You have been warned, - if in doubt take a cold shower.

> i agree. if a woman is covered in freck and has ginger hair i am smitten
> immediately!! a message to all of you:

> you are perfect!! do not be ashamed

Back
Top Bottom