"Morrissey's retirement will be the perfect ending" - The Guardian

Good article (with comments) about Morrissey's alleged impending retirement. news to me, and probably to him.

Morrissey's retirement will be the perfect ending by Owen Hatherley - The Guardian
While all the other ageing rockers are reforming and creaking around on stage, Morrissey has decided to bow out with dignity

Also:

Morrissey Announces 2014 Retirement Plans by Todd Gilchrist - Hollywood Reporter. Link posted by yelahderaj (original post).
The 53-year-old singer says he started contemplating the move after "aging a lot recently."

Morrissey: Jag lägger av 2014 - Aftonbladet. Link posted by an anonymous person (original post).

UPDATE June 8, 11:30AM PT:

Uncleskinny also sends the link (scan of paper edition in original post):

In praise of ... getting off the stage - The Guardian
Though we will miss the music, Morrissey's plan to retire at 55 means he will at least retain the dignity lacking in others

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Would you rather I not bother?

No, I mean, I was genuinely curious as to why you didn't like that version of the song. And after reading your answer, to some extent I agree about the single mix; it's almost too much in the other direction. Too sharp.

But, like most of the topics I indulge in here, it's an issue that at 2:30 this morning seemed a hell of a lot more urgent to me than it did in retrospect six hours later.

also, @Skylarker: your pointless self-editing bewilders me.

You routinely say things on these forums and then delete them. I remember a few months back (March? April?), you deleted like every recent post you had made in some attempt to vanish from the forums. Then you came back a month later and were your usual emotive self, like nothing had changed.

you can't unring a bell, dude. Say what you feel. Say what you mean. Leave it said. Nobody is judging

Unless of course, you're claiming Mazzy Star is "boring church music"

then I'm most certainly judging.

I guess what I'm really trying to say with those last two lines: please introduce me to your Mazzy-obsessed girlfriend, pronto

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom