Morrissey's image and quote being used by BNP on Facebook

'slits for eyes' is super racist. how can you argue to the contrary?

'slits for eyes' is super racist. how can you argue to the contrary?

Is "almond eyes" racist? What about "ocean blue eyes", "chocolate-button eyes", "dead, grey eyes", "shifty, squinty eyes", or "black, beady eyes"?

They are merely descriptive observations. If you think having slit eyes makes one inferior, that is your racist inference, independent of the neutral and factually accurate observation.

Some people literally have slit-eyes, in which case the eye ball is not even visible. If I want to describe their eyes, should I pretend that I can see them and make something up?

Now, if I called that person a "chink" as a direct racial slur, that would reasonably be perceived as racist. But that is not what you were referring to at all.

Use you brain, it's your friend.

Last edited:
Is "almond eyes" racist? What about "ocean blue eyes", "chocolate-button eyes", "dead, grey eyes", "shifty, squinty eyes", or "black, beady eyes"?

They are merely descriptive observations. If you think having slit eyes makes one inferior, that is your racist inference, independent of the neutral and factually accurate observation.

Some people literally have slit-eyes, in which case the eye ball is not even visible. If I want to describe their eyes, should I pretend that I can see them and make something up?

Now, if I called that person a "chink" as a direct racial slur, that would reasonably be perceived as racist. But that is not what you were referring to at all.

God you are clueless. Hey dude if you want to be racist or laugh at racist jokes admit it. Do not try to rationalize it to feel better.

Slits for eyes is used a a slur to the asian community 99% of the time. Get your head out of the sand. Or stay there and be racist i dont know

Derek, you suffer from cognitive dissonance, a fancy way to say you are confused. We don't even need to discuss the term "slits for eyes." Let's look at your own thought process. First you said it was a joke, and that I must be dead inside not to see that. Okay, it's a joke. But then you upped the rhetoric with "white guilt" and "political hysteria," which is your substitute for the more popular "politically correct," but adds the twist of using a controversial word, "hysteria*." I'll get back to that. The point is you are acting the classic racist.
1. Make a statement that offends a group of people.
2. Claim it is a joke.
3. Take offense yourself, that your term was called offensive.

What happened to, "it's a joke?" Now all of a sudden it's serious business and I suppose your freedom of speech is at stake.
4. Resort to rhetoric. "white guilt" "political hysteria"
You're the one who seems upset. And once the conversation turns to rhetoric any pretense of communication is gone. You say "white guilt," and I counter with "white privilege." These are not our terms. This is political language designed to influence and divide people into sides for the purpose of winning influence. It's not communication to parrot these terms.

After that you go into, "If I was really a racist, I'd have been more explicit in my racism. Don't you see I kept it within limits so that I could deny it?"

*hys·te·ri·a
həˈstirēə,həˈsterēə/
noun
Psychiatry
a psychological disorder (not now regarded as a single definite condition) whose symptoms include conversion of psychological stress into physical symptoms (somatization), selective amnesia, shallow volatile emotions, and overdramatic or attention-seeking behavior. The term has a controversial history as it was formerly regarded as a disease specific to women.

You'll want to know this so that you can someday claim a woman is being hysterical, and then deny that you were intentionally using a sexist term. (Don't get upset. I'm joking with you.)

God you are clueless. Hey dude if you want to be racist or laugh at racist jokes admit it. Do not try to rationalize it to feel better.

Slits for eyes is used a a slur to the asian community 99% of the time. Get your head out of the sand. Or stay there and be racist i dont know

"Asian community"? Lmao. You use terms like that and call me racist? Regardless, everyone is prejudiced, as I mentioned above. If you want to live with a pretence of superiority or imperviousness, fair enough if it helps you sleep at night. I make no denials either way, for the inverted only becomes true, circularly, and it makes for an endless and pointless debate.

We could debate about politically hysteric definitions of racism all day, however, so it's pointless in the sane world.

To your point about jokes, it's far sadder that you're in fact being, presumably serious right now.

Last edited:
Derek, you suffer from cognitive dissonance, a fancy way to say you are confused. We don't even need to discuss the term "slits for eyes." Let's look at your own thought process. First you said it was a joke, and that I must be dead inside not to see that. Okay, it's a joke. But then you upped the rhetoric with "white guilt" and "political hysteria," which is your substitute for the more popular "politically correct," but adds the twist of using a controversial word, "hysteria*." I'll get back to that. The point is you are acting the classic racist.
1. Make a statement that offends a group of people.
2. Claim it is a joke.
3. Take offense yourself, that your term was called offensive.

What happened to, "it's a joke?" Now all of a sudden it's serious business and I suppose your freedom of speech is at stake.
4. Resort to rhetoric. "white guilt" "political hysteria"
You're the one who seems upset. And once the conversation turns to rhetoric any pretense of communication is gone. You say "white guilt," and I counter with "white privilege." These are not our terms. This is political language designed to influence and divide people into sides for the purpose of winning influence. It's not communication to parrot these terms.

After that you go into, "If I was really a racist, I'd have been more explicit in my racism. Don't you see I kept it within limits so that I could deny it?"

*hys·te·ri·a
həˈstirēə,həˈsterēə/
noun
Psychiatry
a psychological disorder (not now regarded as a single definite condition) whose symptoms include conversion of psychological stress into physical symptoms (somatization), selective amnesia, shallow volatile emotions, and overdramatic or attention-seeking behavior. The term has a controversial history as it was formerly regarded as a disease specific to women.

You'll want to know this so that you can someday claim a woman is being hysterical, and then deny that you were intentionally using a sexist term. (Don't get upset. I'm joking with you.)

See my post above.

I stopped giving weight to the rest of the post when you demonstrated a lack of understanding of cognitive dissonance.

"Asian community"? Lmao. You use terms like that and call me racist?

We could debate about politically hysteric definitions of racism all day, however, so it's pointless in the sane world.

To your point about jokes, it's far sadder that you're in fact being, presumably serious right now.

Whats racist about asian community? I'm not trying to seperate then from us. Im telling you what community the phrase slits for eyes are. Just if i was to say the term honky is a slur for the caucasion community. But im guessing you are trying to throw that phrase back at me to distract us from your own confused theories as i have seen here and in other discussions. I notice you did not answer the other anon who called your ass on first calling it a joke then trying to say it is merely a form of description? No good answer for that?!

Face it , you have no defence than "political correct hysteria" you are making a fool out of yourself and your pathetic attempt to try to undermine me by calling my answer joke is just sad. You remind me of those butthurt men who try to constantly undermine femenisim but qouting your silly arguments as why you dont get free drinks at bars like girls sexism, knowing fully if women were payed the same amout in jobs as men they would need no free drinks.

See my post above.

I stopped giving weight to the rest of the post when you demonstrated a lack of understanding of cognitive dissonance.

You are a mess

People stop trying to reason with derek, he is clearly not all there.

Whats racist about asian community? I'm not trying to seperate then from us. Im telling you what community the phrase slits for eyes are. Just if i was to say the term honky is a slur for the caucasion community. But im guessing you are trying to throw that phrase back at me to distract us from your own confused theories as i have seen here and in other discussions. I notice you did not answer the other anon who called your ass on first calling it a joke then trying to say it is merely a form of description? No good answer for that?!

Face it , you have no defence than "political correct hysteria" you are making a fool out of yourself and your pathetic attempt to try to undermine me by calling my answer joke is just sad. You remind me of those butthurt men who try to constantly undermine femenisim but qouting your silly arguments as why you dont get free drinks at bars like girls sexism, knowing fully if women were payed the same amout in jobs as men they would need no free drinks.

Edit: "im telling you which community the phrase slits for eyes are insulting a slur"
Forget to write that the phrase is considered a slur. Sounded a bit unfortunte my previous sentence

See my post above.

You had to find someway but whoever taught you about "white guilt" is going to be disappointed you couldn't come up with some more devastating rhetoric to put the SJW's in their place.

"Asian community" is a ridiculous thing to say considering Asian refers to China, India, and many other vast and varying cultures that are as different as can be. It's ignorant, and implies a disregard for those varying peoples, which could easily be construed as lumping them together in a superior-minded fashion.

See, we can both play the "that's racist!" game. It's idiotic.

I'm racist. So are you, so is the Chinese woman at the law firm, so is the black man in the adjacent ghetto. It's human nature; pretend to be above it all you like. As intelligent beings, however, even though we make judgments and prefer similar others, that does not imply hate or conscious superiority.

I was saying that "slits for eyes" can be merely descriptive, or it can take on a jestful intention, or further it could be us d pejoratively. I thought I made that clear above. Your use of polar thinking here is doing you a disservice.

"Asian community" is a ridiculous thing to say considering Asian refers to China, India, and many other vast and varying cultures that are as different as can be. It's ignorant, and implies a disregard for those varying peoples, which could easily be construed as lumping them together in a superior-minded fashion.

See, we can both play the "that's racist!" game. It's idiotic.

I'm racist. So are you, so is the Chinese woman at the law firm, so is the black man in the adjacent ghetto. It's human nature; pretend to be above it all you like. As intelligent beings, however, even though we make judgments and prefer similar others, that does not imply hate or conscious superiority.

I was saying that "slits for eyes" can be merely descriptive, or it can take on a jestful intention, or further it could be us d pejoratively. I thought I made that clear above. Your use of polar thinking here is doing you a disservice.
Bullshit and you know this.

Bullshit and you know this.

I agree, it is B.S., because we shouldn't have to dance around certain words and walk on eggshells for fear of being attacked by the mob as whatever -ist, -ism, or -ic, is deemed appropriate. But if you choose to see "slit-eyed" as necessarily and exclusively racist, I must rebut that with the notion that "Asian community" carries equal racist potential, despite its (lazy and misguided) attempt at inclusivity. It serves to include the excluded, while actually excluding the included.

As a black man, I call one of my mates a "pasty-skinned ginger" and he finds it amusing. Now, this could be taken as an insult -- indeed, a racist slur -- in other cases, or it could merely be viewed as descriptive (albeit crudely) of veritable personal traits.

If I do indeed call that friend a "pasty-skinned ginger", does that make my comment irrefutably, automatically, absolutely racist? You seem to suggest this, and I must strongly disagree. Again, polar logic -- that is, thinking in absolutes -- is very rarely useful or accurate. In fact, using absolutes in an attempt to be adaptive only causes one to adapt to absolutes.

I agree, it is B.S., because we shouldn't have to dance around certain words and walk on eggshells for fear of being attacked by the mob as whatever -ist, -ism, or -ic, is deemed appropriate. But if you choose to see "slit-eyed" as necessarily and exclusively racist, I must rebut that with the notion that "Asian community" carries equal racist potential, despite its (lazy and misguided) attempt at inclusivity. It serves to include the excluded, while actually excluding the included.

As a black man, I call one of my mates a "pasty-skinned ginger" and he finds it amusing. Now, this could be taken as an insult -- indeed, a racist slur -- in other cases, or it could merely be viewed as descriptive (albeit crudely) of veritable personal traits.

If I do indeed call that friend a "pasty-skinned ginger", does that make my comment irrefutably, automatically, absolutely racist? You seem to suggest this, and I must strongly disagree. Again, polar logic -- that is, thinking in absolutes -- is very rarely useful or accurate. In fact, using absolutes in an attempt to be adaptive only causes one to adapt to absolutes.

what i was refering to as bullshit was your post. lets look at some things here. 1. according to my use of the phrase asian Community. you know very well that it was a way to save time, because if i was to one by one list the asian countries whose people the phrase slits for Eyes have been used as a rasict phrase i would have forced to write all the countries names.

2. firstly you say that the phrse slits for Eyes is used in a joking way, subsucently admitting that it is a controversial phrase them you try to backtrack your story and clamind no its just a way to decribe a person. that tell me that you know it is a slur but are doing Everything to neutrlize the phrase. then Another anon calls you out on this and clamis you are suffering from congtive dissonace. you not having any valid argument against this try to save face but claming the anon has no idea what cognetive dissonance is and refuse to answer it. well i looked up cognative dissence ``cognitive dissonance is the mental stress or discomfort experienced by an individual who holds two or more contradictory beliefs, ideas, or values at the same time, performs an action that is contradictory to one or more beliefs, ideas or values, or is confronted by new information that conflicts with existing beliefs, ideas, or values`` sound familiar? you have two or more conflicting ideas which you try by any means justify yet you fall flat on your argument hence the mental stress.

here is a experiment for you. go out and ask people if the phrase slits for Eyes is exactly the same as saying you have Almond Eyes as you mentiond Before. lets see how many people tell you that slits for Eyes are a rasict term.

i seen your post here Before you rarely comment on anything other on this site than topics like this. i particular liked your argument that there is no straight pride parades so why should there be any gay pride parades. well i tell you something friend in this World everyday is a straight pride parade. because if you are a White straight man the World loves you. can you blame the gay Community for wanting to make themselfs feel proud over what they are when most of the World is against them?

its like two siblings , one sibling hears all the time that they are great just perfect, the other hear nothing. the first sibling would not need to pat themselfs on the back the whole World does it. but the non assured sibling will try to prove themself telling themselfs they are great since no one else does it.

as for the scenario with your friend. well you and your friend you by all means like rasict humor it does not really make your case that you and your friend laughs when you slur each other.

im not going to humour you any more. good day to you.

ps i find it highly suspect that you suddenly turned into a black man after you where accused of White guilt

that was hilarious. claiming at this stage hes black. its obvious hes whiter than vanilla ice cream

N
what i was refering to as bullshit was your post. lets look at some things here. 1. according to my use of the phrase asian Community. you know very well that it was a way to save time, because if i was to one by one list the asian countries whose people the phrase slits for Eyes have been used as a rasict phrase i would have forced to write all the countries names.

2. firstly you say that the phrse slits for Eyes is used in a joking way, subsucently admitting that it is a controversial phrase them you try to backtrack your story and clamind no its just a way to decribe a person. that tell me that you know it is a slur but are doing Everything to neutrlize the phrase. then Another anon calls you out on this and clamis you are suffering from congtive dissonace. you not having any valid argument against this try to save face but claming the anon has no idea what cognetive dissonance is and refuse to answer it. well i looked up cognative dissence ``cognitive dissonance is the mental stress or discomfort experienced by an individual who holds two or more contradictory beliefs, ideas, or values at the same time, performs an action that is contradictory to one or more beliefs, ideas or values, or is confronted by new information that conflicts with existing beliefs, ideas, or values`` sound familiar? you have two or more conflicting ideas which you try by any means justify yet you fall flat on your argument hence the mental stress.

here is a experiment for you. go out and ask people if the phrase slits for Eyes is exactly the same as saying you have Almond Eyes as you mentiond Before. lets see how many people tell you that slits for Eyes are a rasict term.

i seen your post here Before you rarely comment on anything other on this site than topics like this. i particular liked your argument that there is no straight pride parades so why should there be any gay pride parades. well i tell you something friend in this World everyday is a straight pride parade. because if you are a White straight man the World loves you. can you blame the gay Community for wanting to make themselfs feel proud over what they are when most of the World is against them?

its like two siblings , one sibling hears all the time that they are great just perfect, the other hear nothing. the first sibling would not need to pat themselfs on the back the whole World does it. but the non assured sibling will try to prove themself telling themselfs they are great since no one else does it.

as for the scenario with your friend. well you and your friend you by all means like rasict humor it does not really make your case that you and your friend laughs when you slur each other.

im not going to humour you any more. good day to you.

ps i find it highly suspect that you suddenly turned into a black man after you where accused of White guilt

Your efforts are appreciated.

As a homosexual black man, I cannot see fit to respond any further.

N

Your efforts are appreciated.

As a homosexual black man, I cannot see fit to respond any further.

Sad that we made it about you, but it does serve to illustrate that it's not possible to make the point you were attempting. I think it was worth the time to explore a few different viewpoints, and I genuinely appreciate your efforts as well. I was hoping someone could convince me otherwise. I feel like I have overlooked the obvious for years.

Back
Top Bottom