Morrissey v The NME: Twice looks like carelessness

Well, I said I never would, but I did get the NME today to see what mention of Morrissey there would be, and the only place is the letters page, very in-yer-face, almost two pages of letters. No mention of court cases though. And the sound of furious back-pedalling by Conor McNicholas who makes a detailed statement on the issue as a response to the main letter, a very reasoned letter from one Paddy of Sussex, who lays into Tim Jonze. Too big to type up at the moment, but to me it looks like he's already softened up in the face of the lawsuits. I'll scan and post later.

Peter

Well, I said I never would, but I did get the NME today to see what mention of Morrissey there would be, and the only place is the letters page, very in-yer-face, almost two pages of letters. No mention of court cases though. And the sound of furious back-pedalling by Conor McNicholas who makes a detailed statement on the issue as a response to the main letter, a very reasoned letter from one Paddy of Sussex, who lays into Tim Jonze. Too big to type up at the moment, but to me it looks like he's already softened up in the face of the lawsuits. I'll scan and post later.

Peter

You may have noticed from my posting here just how little sleep I've had since last Tuesday. Waiting until my head is buzzing was maybe a bad time to start a complaint to the press complaints commission but that is what I've done. Or rather, am doing.

It would be helpful to me to know what was in the NME this week as 'A significant inaccuracy, misleading statement or distortion once recognised must be corrected, promptly and with due prominence, and - where appropriate - an apology published.'

I've still to finish listing the inaccurate, misleading, distorted and unwarranted statements claiming to be fact. As well as why the editorial was misleading and sensationalist.

It is tough work professionally moaning.

Doesn't Kewpie have a link she can point me to for me to cut and paste? Maybe I should grab a couple of hours sleep and wake to find a thread for each. Hehe.

You may have noticed from my posting here just how little sleep I've had since last Tuesday. Waiting until my head is buzzing was maybe a bad time to start a complaint to the press complaints commission but that is what I've done. Or rather, am doing.

It would be helpful to me to know what was in the NME this week as 'A significant inaccuracy, misleading statement or distortion once recognised must be corrected, promptly and with due prominence, and - where appropriate - an apology published.'

I've still to finish listing the inaccurate, misleading, distorted and unwarranted statements claiming to be fact. As well as why the editorial was misleading and sensationalist.

It is tough work professionally moaning.

Doesn't Kewpie have a link she can point me to for me to cut and paste? Maybe I should grab a couple of hours sleep and wake to find a thread for each. Hehe.

I admire your dedication, Hugh. :D Good work, friend.

Hugh, good work mate, dont give up. :)

not sue if this MSN guy os for moz or not, but one thing that surely pissed me off id the plagerising of his lyrics and then calling him 'past it etc'.
*grrr*:mad:

Back
Top Bottom