Morrissey Statement Re: The Norway Massacre - true-to-you.net

Morrissey statement - true-to-you.net

29 July 2011

MORRISSEY STATEMENT

The recent killings in Norway were horrific. As usual in such cases, the media give the killer exactly what he wants: worldwide fame. We aren't told the names of the people who were killed - almost as if they are not considered to be important enough, yet the media frenzy to turn the killer into a Jack The Ripper star is .... repulsive. He should be un-named, not photographed, and quietly led away.
The comment I made onstage at Warsaw could be further explained this way: Millions of beings are routinely murdered every single day in order to fund profits for McDonalds and KFCruelty, but because these murders are protected by laws, we are asked to feel indifferent about the killings, and to not even dare question them.
If you quite rightly feel horrified at the Norway killings, then it surely naturally follows that you feel horror at the murder of ANY innocent being. You cannot ignore animal suffering simply because animals "are not us."

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
I can not understand why you are so horrified by his remarks. I know that most of you can understand and speak our language brilliantly,however maybe you do not understand the context in which his comments were said. ALL killing is abhorent and an utter sin. I was utterly appalled by the events in Norway recently as I am equally horrified that every day billions of other animals are slaughtered for the consumption of humans one day just to shit out the next. Have any of you actually seen the way animals are killed in slaughter houses? If you had,you would understand that to dissagree with his statement is to be a hypocrite. My thoughts and love go out to all affected by this tragedy and all murder in this hideous world.

yes you wanker

NEWS FLASH !!!! NEWS FLASH !!!! NEWS FLASH !!!!NEWS FLASH !!!! NEWS FLASH !!!! NEWS FLASH

Latest news: Morrisey fans DONT GET IRONY!! Morrisey himself f will investigate what irony means and come back with a stamen, but for now he say… chewing on a tomato: irony is some metal I think..

NEWS FLASH !!!! NEWS FLASH !!!! NEWS FLASH !!!!NEWS FLASH !!!! NEWS FLASH !!!! NEWS FLASH

of course you have to go back on your statement, you can't risk loosing fans... Too late!!!
I, and many norwegians with me, hope you never set your foot in norway again. You're not welcome here!!

you are not welcome to sweden either, crawl back under that little rock you came from.

I think people should be dead and should suffer pain and cruelty. I like it, I want it and I want to make it happen.
It is delightful almost as delightful as a nice juicy burger

Everyone should be tormented and driven to insanity. I enjoy it, I thrive on it and I want to make it happen.

I am in the process of implementing it as most of all I want it to happen to YOU, yes you.

Another Hoo Haa by Moz.......Is it too hard to understand that Morrissey see`s animals as his friends and family....lives that do not judge him, that are helpless and in need of protection.

"On this planet with the carnivores and the destructors on it"

Moz is half a century old, and his words stick in the side, they are less excusable, as he does not have youth on his side anymore.

Yes we should mourn the deaths of 78 murdered people. Life goes on seals will be clubbed, whales harpooned.
Chickens and lambs sacrified so we can enjoy KFC,Mcdonalds easymeat.

Biology 101: Humans ARE animals.

Carry on...

Until you go vegan Moz, you are just as guilty...and are part of the problem.

Understand the argument, just done in bad taste. This plus Solo nonsense and it's clean your are slipping.

f***ing wise up. If as a species we'd stuck to your Vegan diet we would have been extinct thousands of years ago. The reason we are so successful as a species is because we are top of the food chain. Note the term 'food chain'. Do you hold it against my dog because he killed and ate a bird in the garden? Get a f***ing grip, have a wank and a bacon roll and get on with life. Loser!!

Helene, in no fashion is he going back on his statement here so save the vitriol. You and the other angry Norwegian interlopers need to get over yourselves, do you get this passionate when 70 humans die anywhere on earth or only when it happens in the arbitrary borders that comprise your nation? I just get the curious feeling that if 100 people died in Malaysia and he made the comments the Norwegian presence would be somewhat reduced...

Morrissey in the meantime feels equal outrage no matter the species, what the said species can do for him in return or in what country the killing takes place. Nor does he fear the anger and abuse he will get for upholding this unflinching equality in giving voice to voiceless victims.

You need a bacon roll. You a f***ing fool. Why don't you and all the other Vegans f*** off to the moon where you belong.

The massacre in Norway should not and cannot be compared with animal slaughter!! No matter how you twist and bend your words. The statement is plain disrespect to everyone killed and everyone who lost their loved ones. I too expected an apology, the explaining does not strenthen Morrissey's case. This was a right down cruel massacre, use something else in this world to get attention and fight for animal rights, NOT a tragedy like this. - Norwegian

"Skillnaden mellan en smart och en dum, är att den smarte vet hur han ska dölja sin dumhet"
Google translate.... Swedish

As long as Morrissey can support his argument, he is intelligent - more so than most who frankly cannot support anything they say.

I struggle to think of a single instance when Steven was able to stand over his opinions. He runs away from opportunities to defend his "controversial" views and invariably fails to directly engage with those who hold differing opinions. Contrary to what Steven would have you believe, he is a coward.

And I wanna know why Morrissey and the NME have not gone to court for this yet. Haves cannot stand have nots. The NME in that 2007 libelous article regarding Morrissey and immigration, I mean the NME demonstrated that they are carnivorous conspirers. If it does go to court, Morrissey shall win of course. Which is only as it should be. Also everything that Morrissey said about McDonalds and KFC was said beautifully. Every single word that Morrissey said I agree with. He is so sensitive, caring, kind, and compassionate.

Kate2828

Perhaps Morrissey dropped the case because the NME had not misrepresented him or his opinions. He's quite a prejudiced guy when it comes to people from other countries. He's also kinda stupid.

"Skillnaden mellan en smart och en dum, är att den smarte vet hur han ska dölja sin dumhet"
Google translate.... Swedish

Smart har enligt mig inget med intelligens att göra. Visst man kan vara street-smart och passa in.

Please - take a minute to look at today's Daily Mail. It is hardly a pro animal rights paper but it calls the cruelty in abattoirs shocking. Do you really want to support this type of suffering? Maybe Morrissey made the point insensitively but it is still appalling that we as a society allow such cruelty to happen so we can eat cheap meat. Norway matters, animals matter - it is not one or the other. Please help animals - make your life count by helping save the lives of others.

Please - take a minute to look at today's Daily Mail. It is hardly a pro animal rights paper but it calls the cruelty in abattoirs shocking. Do you really want to support this type of suffering? Maybe Morrissey made the point insensitively but it is still appalling that we as a society allow such cruelty to happen so we can eat cheap meat. Norway matters, animals matter - it is not one or the other. Please help animals - make your life count by helping save the lives of others.

Yeah, yeah, whatever. You may have a good point to make about the ill-treatment of animals in abattoirs, but that point gets completely lost in the hyperbole about the killing of animals and the killing of humans having the same moral worth.

Statements like this are intended to be inflammatory and to draw attention to himself, rather than the issue. He's well aware that they are not going to encourage people to stop eating animals. If anything - as he knows - this kind of rhetoric is counter-productive. He evidently cares more about his own image than he does about the welfare of animals.

I'll begin to take Steven's half-baked, ill-conceived, adolescent lectures on animal rights seriously when he goes vegan, and not before. Until then, he just a hypocrite, a fraud and an attention-seeking c***.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom