Morrissey/Smiths songs and videos you just "don't get"

'Spent the Day in Bed' - Mozzer being pushed in a wheel-chair to watch some drag act cavorting on stage. What thee gibbering hell is this one about?

I don't understand the video of 'November spawned a monster'. Why is he in a desert and who is he singing too all alone.
From what I remember, he was trying to get a boulder pregnant.

53D6BA13-ABEE-485A-8864-7B79D6A51F45.gif

Hmm Smiths and Morrissey solo songs that I don't "get"?.. That's a very hard question. I try to find the meaning in each song I hear, some are puzzles and are obvious, but some that aren't obvious I make my own little story with. The only one I may struggle with is.......

Umm....

I'm typing as I think......

Wow this is difficult.
Well, the Smiths' instrumental songs I don't "get" because of the lack of lyrics. What is there to "get" with no lyrics? Nothin.
Well, I thought for a good while and I can't think of any.

I don't have an opinion on the music videos.

Well, the Smiths' instrumental songs I don't "get" because of the lack of lyrics. What is there to "get" with no lyrics? Nothin.
Oscillate Wildly is clearly an analysis of the romanticism that emerged in the 19th century as a response to the rapid industrialisation that was starting to transform society.

You didn’t get that from listening?

Oscillate Wildly is clearly an analysis of the romanticism that emerged in the 19th century as a response to the rapid industrialisation that was starting to transform society.

You didn’t get that from listening?

I concur. It's REALLY obvious. Some people, huh.

Back
Top Bottom