Morrissey on African Americans

You are such a lame-o, you are so obsessed with me that you spent like 30minutes researching about me.... I mean D Licious :rolleyes:

SNS and others have known since like ......forever :rolleyes:

Joke's on you :D

I'm so hot!

JanelleRealLife39.jpg

hahahahah!!!

Okay, what's the deal with the gun? Guns KILL people....why is it COOL to be pointing a gun?

lol. he is holding a walking stick and pointing his finger...i see no gun. you're just making an assumption...a racial stereotype. ha

I think the "get a sense of humor" defense is worn out. I have a friend I met because of a job I used to have. He is a pretty good guy mostly, but will say things to get attention and if you show any reaction at all, he'll start in, "Oh! I was just joking!" but who cares? The only reason I tolerate him is because he is an expert in a field I am interested in and when I can get him off the Howard Stern routine he is actually fun to be around. But he has a lot of issues or something. Don't know and don't really care. It's boring and detracts from real conversation. Then if he does get me to make a comment about something he said, he gets to feel put upon and explains himself. So that's more time wasted. Then he does it again. It isn't funny and it isn't offensive either because really I don't care. I pretty much care about discussing one subject with him and the rest of it is boring.

D Licious, nobody has said that not liking hip-hop was racist. They said that saying "the blacks have hip-hop" sounds like a racist statement. Many black people hate hip hop especially "hardcore" or "gangsta" rap because it perpetuates a negative image. Besides, how they figure this I don't know, but the statistics say it is mostly bought by white kids. NOBODY said disliking hip hop is racist. It's a straw man argument.

Dave hits the nail on the head! ;)

OH god! Stop kissing butt :rolleyes:

BTW Dave has known for ever too :p

i wasn't kissing butt, i was merely agreeing.

known what? i couldn't be bothered to read through pages of your drivel.

Back to the question.....I don`t believe for one moment morrissey is racist...simply because he`s too much of a sweetie.

But even if he is he is entitled to be.What people truly think is their own business.Or do we have thought Police now?Racism is only nasty when it turns to name calling and violence.You cannot make windows into people`s souls.

Last edited:

haha. responding with 'never mind' as if i am missing something glaringly obvious, roooooight. saying 'dave knows' or whatever isn’t exactly a hint.

Back to the question.....I don`t believe for one moment morrissey is racist...simply because he`s too much of a sweetie.

But even if he is he is entitled to be.What people truly think is their own business.Or do we have thought Police now?Racism is only nasty when it turns to name calling and voilence.You cannot make windows into people`s souls.

Thank you Ms. Hellie! That's excatly what I was trying to say for the longest time but I got to intense, so only poilitical stuff was coming out.

Everyones entitled to their own discriminations as long as they keep them to them selves and not hurt others.

(here's to hope that I don't get called a racist again, *crossing fingers*)

OH god! Stop kissing butt :rolleyes:

BTW Dave has known for ever too :p

is this how you pay me for keeping your "secret"?

Poco, D Licious may not be who s/he seems. Have you ever heard of such a thing, a person pretending to be someone else on a forum! What next!? :eek:

Poco, D Licious may not be who s/he seems. Have you ever heard of such a thing, a person pretending to be someone else on a forum! What next!? :eek:

Oh god, what next? you call me a racist too. :rolleyes:

Thanx for keeping the secret though. now shut up! :)

Last edited:

i seeeeee!!

ciiiiiting, aint it

But even if he is he is entitled to be.What people truly think is their own business.Or do we have thought Police now?Racism is only nasty when it turns to name calling and violence.You cannot make windows into people`s souls.

What people think is their own business, that's true. But racism is always nasty because it harms the person that thinks those thoughts even if they never speak them. I don't think any of us are totally exempt. I think it causes stress though, and that's unhealthy. So even if you keep it to yourself it's harmful.

What people think is their own business, that's true. But racism is always nasty because it harms the person that thinks those thoughts even if they never speak them. I don't think any of us are totally exempt. I think it causes stress though, and that's unhealthy. So even if you keep it to yourself it's harmful.

Can't find the post relating to the acceptability of racism but suffice to say I'm sure thats what the majority of Germans said about Hitler back in the day.."well he's entitled to be..."

Racism:

1. a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.
2. a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.
3. hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.

I think Hitler doesn't qualify in the (keep your discriminations to yourself) category, he was blunt and outspoken about it..... Germans let it happen because they were brainwashed, they were fearful, or they happened to agree with him.

Maybe there should be thought police.... I'm so glad that to you it is acceptable to call a spade a spade, but only in the comfort of my living room. (Found the post)

Call me a bleeding liberal but this post is outrageous. Nearly as outrageuos as Charles Kennedy!

Racism:

1. a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.
2. a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.

I think Hitler doesn't qualify in the (keep your discriminations to yourself) category, he was blunt and outspoken about it..... Germans let it happen because they were brainwashed, they were fearful, or they happened to agree with him.

No its cos their Germans. FULL STOP. (Hmmm lets see if it washes over your head)

Racism:

I see it as assigning characteristics to people based on their race and then looking for those examples that fit your stereotype and ignoring those that don't. Of course some stereotypes turn out to be true often enough that they might make these beliefs seem true, but that's mostly for cultural rather than any inherently genetic reasons, I believe. It's also true that we filter information before it even gets to the conscious level. We see that which fits our beliefs and ignore that which doesn't and don't even know we're doing it.

Someone asked on another thread a while back something about...You're on a dark street walking alone and a group of men approach you. Do you feel better if you know they just came from a church meeting?
Well, I would. I don't know if that's bad. I might have other problems if they wanted to indoctrinate me, but I wouldn't feel physically threatened.

I don't usually anyway. I've been real lucky walking around late at night and I feel that even if I was attacked I'd do some Chuck Norris maneuvers on them and it would all be alright. :p

Despite my bleeding liberal credentials this is intriguing.

When I walk past the Mosque (well actually theres a plethora of them -6 in a 10 minute walking radius of me round by me. (Oh and theres a Muslim school at the end of my road, so maybe I should say A Mosque!!!) I sometimes wonder, BUT NOT ALOUD;) whether there is a rogue freedom fighter/ terrorist. Maybe its a fanatical mosque "and they have hook-handed clerics spouting vitriol." (That sounds like a Fall lyric!!)

Um thats complete ignorance as I've never been to a mosque. Or read the Koran.

But when I see people of an Arabic/ Asian appearance carrying rucksacks on public transport negative thoughts do not enter my mind.

And thats normality.

Back
Top Bottom