Morrissey 'MTV Unplugged' Suggestion..

R

Ruffian

Upon talking with a friend last night... the thought (if it hasn't been raised in this forum before) came into our heads that, as a short term answer to Morrissey's inactivity.. then why doesn't he just organise one of those 'unplugged' type sessions with MTV..

He wouldn't necessarily need any new material, so no pressure there.. it is reasonably credible.. it would be well paid, and most importantly, would leave a fantastic testimony to a mans genius..

Imagine the scenario.. Boz/White on acoustic guitar, a big beautiful double bass... minimal percussion.. and a couple of microphones..

..all that wonderful material to choose from.. and to hear them acoustically, with THAT voice would be a mini Heaven on Earth for a short while..

..and if you're ever in here Mr.Morrissey (as all of those rumours unfounded suggest), make sure you invite all this Message Board to get your hardcore there!!!

> What a great idea.

Yes, it is. EXCEPT ... mtv plays only music that appeals to 12 year olds (for the most part) when they even play music at all. The m no longer stands for music.

Morrissey Unplugged should go straight to DVD and CD.

Enough for the wishful thinking.

> Yes, it is. EXCEPT ... mtv plays only music that appeals to 12
> year olds (for the most part) when they even play music at all.
> The m no longer stands for music.

> Morrissey Unplugged should go straight to DVD and CD.

> Enough for the wishful thinking.

Killjoy......

WorkingGirlx

> Upon talking with a friend last night... the thought (if it
> hasn't been raised in this forum before) came into our heads
> that, as a short term answer to Morrissey's inactivity.. then
> why doesn't he just organise one of those 'unplugged' type
> sessions with MTV..

...or, better still, VH-1's "Storytellers." When I saw him at the Beacon in NY last year, he was very talkative and very charming. It had a "Storytellers" vibe to it (sans the pillows and barstools) and I thought then that it would be pretty neat to see him in that environment.

But he won't do it.

> Imagine the scenario.. Boz/White on acoustic guitar, a big
> beautiful double bass... minimal percussion.. and a couple of
> microphones..

> ..all that wonderful material to choose from.. and to hear them
> acoustically, with THAT voice would be a mini Heaven on Earth
> for a short while..

Yes, I have thought about this several times on how nice it would be to have him on acoustic. His songs will do so well in soft acoustic version. He's done Boxers (I think it's called Boxers) with solo acoustic and bongos and it sounded very nice. Imagine what it would be like if he does other conversions.

> Imagine what it would be like if he does other conversions.

What should Morrissey's setlist be for an
Unplugged or acoustic show? Suggestions?

he said in an interview he would never do it. And i agree with him.

Back
Top Bottom