MIke Joyce contact information

J

Jordana

Hello,

Several years ago Mike Joyce and I were going to work on a project together.

- see: http://www.morrissey-solo.com/news/1999/516.shtml

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/news/1999/Sep-27-1999.shtml

http://vu.morrissey-solo.com/moz/news/99news.htm

and some things happened where we lost touch. I am currently working on a new album and would love to get back in touch with him. (see: www.panicnow.net/jordana - a temporary site soon to be replaced withjordana.co.uk)

if anyone knows how to contact him or his people please contact me at [email protected]

cheers,
jordana

Jordana - Numerology
sm-349048.jpg

Dear Jordanna is it:

How can I put this?

As Morrissey fans, there are all types of us, this you understand. While most of us are not racist, we do think that most Rap, R&B, Hip-Hop (whatever that is), is VILE.

I actually like Reggae.

Point is, that most of us would mind Joyce working with someone whose musical tastes and styles we loathed.

So if you are like:

Sade
Jackson 5
M. Jackson
Janet Jackson
Mo-Town, Classic Motown
Classic Girl Groups
Lenny Kravitz
Seal
Whitney Houston (before the drugs, she was a fool to marry Bobby Brown)
TLC (but only don't go chasing waterfalls, okay)
Covergirls (what did they sing, I forget?)
Nora Jones

I CAN PUT YOU IN TOUCH WITH M. JOYCE.

If you are in the style of Destiny's Child or that twat Beyonce, or the flavor flav of the week, then forget it.

Word to your mother.

Peace.

> Dear Jordanna is it:

> How can I put this?

> As Morrissey fans, there are all types of us, this you understand. While
> most of us are not racist, we do think that most Rap, R&B, Hip-Hop
> (whatever that is), is VILE.

Well 'Notorious',

Fair enough. I agree much of what is out in the marketplace IS vile. I will not however name names.

> I actually like Reggae.

So do I.

> Point is, that most of us would mind Joyce working with someone whose
> musical tastes and styles we loathed.

Painting with a broad brush are we? And at the end of the day wouldn't it be down to Mike deciding who he wants to work with? Is that not what artistic freedom is about? Or is it about pandering to an audience? If you believe it is the later then you have a lot in common with a lot of RnB/Hip Hop fans.

Me, i don't like being pigeonholed. I grew up listening to Simple Minds, The Smiths, ABC, Morrissey, Spandaeu Ballet, Duran Duran, The Cars, and a lot of other stuff people don't immediately associate with an 'urban' artist.

> So if you are like:

> Sade

In my dreams. Though someone once made a naff comparison of me to her. I find any comparisons to a legend strained.

> Jackson 5

my sisters grew up idolising them but they are before my time and i never saw what the hoopla was about. they were just the first RnB boyband supergroup.

> M. Jackson

Um. no amount of plastic surgery will bring me any closer to the moonwalker.

> Janet Jackson

If i lip sync does that count?

> Mo-Town, Classic Motown

woah, that's a BROAD category. i guess anything funk/soul related has something to do with classic mo-town.

> Classic Girl Groups

which ones? there were many. and why say would a group like the Ronettes be any beter than say All Saints? is it simply because they are 'classic' or 'vintage' ? bubblegum then was just as sweet.

> Lenny Kravitz

i adore him

> Seal

i've followed mr seal since Solitary Brother and his acid house days when he worked with Adamski.

> Whitney Houston (before the drugs, she was a fool to marry Bobby Brown)

seen.

> TLC (but only don't go chasing waterfalls, okay)

Yes! These were my girls. I was even on a US tour in which I and a bunch of other US and UK DJs used their tourbus for 2 months to crisscross the country playing places like the House of Blues in Chicago and one off raves in the desert.

> Covergirls (what did they sing, I forget?)

hahaha.....must not have been all that great if you can't remember.

> Nora Jones

i like her. but i am nothing like her.

> I CAN PUT YOU IN TOUCH WITH M. JOYCE.

please do. or simply pass on my email address to him, he ought to remember the name.

> If you are in the style of Destiny's Child or that twat Beyonce, or the
> flavor flav of the week, then forget it.

i've been compared to Beyonce in looks but i do not sound anything like her and i agree, too much Beyonce is a bad thing.

thing about me is, i did not go to a gosphel church, i was not brought up in that tradition. i was influenced more by my brother who was a DJ spinning stuff like 70s funk, jazz funk, early electro and house, as well as stuff like what i mentioned above.

> Word to your mother.

'word to your mums, i came to drop bombs'. hehe

best wishes,
jordana

> Peace.

Dear J:

When you started out, I was like, oh no, I'm going to get the hammer slammed down on me, but your post was very very funny and cool and tolerant of my..........ah you know, lack of tact, discretion, etc.

Not only will I forward your email address to Mike Joyce, I will see to it that a former Rough Trade Executive I know who is friends with Joyce personally speaks to Mike about you wanting to contact him. Fair is Fair.

Peace.

O.P.P.
Yeah You Know Me

Back
Top Bottom