Middlesbrough - Town Hall (July 8, 2011) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in. Beware of anonymous set list trolls!

Set List: (scan from an anonymous person)

Panic / First Of The Gang To Die / You're The One For Me, Fatty / Shoplifters Of The World Unite / Everyday Is Like Sunday / I Want The One I Can't Have / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / You Have Killed Me / Action Is My Middle Name / I Know It's Over / Satellite Of Love / People Are The Same Everywhere / Alma Matters / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Meat is Murder / Speedway / Irish Blood, English Heart // There Is A Light That Never Goes Out

set list provided by halfapostman

Morrissey At Middlesbrough Town Hall. Clips, Snips And Pointless Artefacts. - The Northern Line. Link posted by eddiegray.

Last edited:
why do some people go to gigs and sing in your frigging ear to every song,if i had wanted that,i would have went to see that shitty smiths tribute act again.

Good gig, but there really are some idiots at Morrissey gigs.

Chief among them last night was the clown who during "I Know It's Over", one of Morrissey's most beautiful and emotional songs, decided to shout "WAHEY" after the lines "as i climb into an emoty bed", and worst of all shout "HA HA HA HA" after "and if you're so funny".

You aren't on a stag night you witless c*** you're at a gig.

i'm pretty sure this is the same guy that was stood just behind me. the most out of tune voice screaming in my ear (fortunately he only knew the lyrics to about four songs!) but he was having such a good time I couldn't get too pissed off at him. that bit was, however, very annoying.

The band wore James Dean shirts? If so, that is wonderful and I hope they wear them in the US if Morrissey tours here soon. These gig reviews are great - keep them coming! Wish I was there to share these glorious evenings with all of you!

Saturday, 9 July 2011
My Live Tour Journal 2011

July 8th

Middlesbrough. A place where one feels overdressed if one's shellsuit is not stained. Lovely pub over the road from the venue. Was enjoying it until a couple of meth heads took a dump on the bar in protest at being refused a drink. Frightening girls with frightening eyes. Is it just me or do the Boro women look harder than the blokes? Strolled around the town centre in the early afternoon and didn't see a solitary skirt. Just lots of big girls stomping around in shellsuit trousers, with their prams and tattoos. The blokes? Big girls' blouses mostly. Boz and I scared a couple of wimpy-looking lads with a cold stare just behind the car park near KFC.

Watched a couple of episodes of Fawlty Towers pre-gig. 'The Hotel Inspectors' helped the old vocal cords relax suitably prior to the warm-up routine (Diana Dors as usual).

Shame about the pain au raisin. I'm not a diva. I don't demand a thousand purple freesias, an art-deco vase to smash up and a polite young man to bring me things, unlike so many international pop icons these days. I ask for one thing. A shop-fresh Co-Op pain-au-raisin, warm out of the oven. Look, if there isn't a Co-Operative close by, then at least have the courtesy to put it in the microwave for twenty seconds before presenting it. The stone cold, lumpen thing the bods at Middlesbrough Town Hall expected me to dine on was a disgrace quite frankly. I won't lie. I almost cancelled... Thankfully Boz was on hand to comfort me for a while... My selfish tears dried up as I realised how important this night was to the people of Middlesbrough. As Boz said, 'Moz these people have nothing. Even their factories and coalmines no longer work. There's a nineteen year old girl crying and shivering outside in that queue, just hoping for a glimpse of the mesmerising man who saved her life.' It was enough.

Morrissey

www.morrisseysworld.blogspot.com

It would take a quite stupid individual to not know these things about the place. Most of us that have never been there know this about Middlesbrough.

Superb night! Some of the standing crowd were a bit stagnant though :squiffy: Met some really nice people both at the gig and at the Medicine Bar (Top night in there too)
Oh, if the guy with the 80s throw back bleached blonde mullet hair do, wearing jeans with gem detailed pockets and pointy gem detailed shoes is reading.........Pushing to the front of the rather large bar queue upstairs before the gig and when someone noticed and shouted "Oi you with the stupid hair"(Classic line, and one I may just use in the future) you replied with "Im with the band"....being with a Def Leppard tribute band does not give you the right to push to the front...TOOL!

why do some people go to gigs and sing in your frigging ear to every song,if i had wanted that,i would have went to see that shitty smiths tribute act again.

I sometimes feel a wee bit bad about doing this. But well, it's a Morrissey show, I can't really help it...

I sometimes feel a wee bit bad about doing this. But well, it's a Morrissey show, I can't really help it...
It's people like you that make the world a real chore for the rest of us. Stop being so oblivious to your surroundings and get a hold of yourself. Nobody wants to hear your gobful of warblings. Have some consideration for the ears of your neighbours.

It's people like you that make the world a real chore for the rest of us. Stop being so oblivious to your surroundings and get a hold of yourself. Nobody wants to hear your gobful of warblings. Have some consideration for the ears of your neighbours.

Its a beautiful communial act to sing with the great man. It is a compliment, it brings people together.

You on the other hand shouldn't go to concerts, stick with headphones at home where no-one can bother you. Freak.

Superb night! Some of the standing crowd were a bit stagnant though :squiffy: Met some really nice people both at the gig and at the Medicine Bar (Top night in there too)
Oh, if the guy with the 80s throw back bleached blonde mullet hair do, wearing jeans with gem detailed pockets and pointy gem detailed shoes is reading.........Pushing to the front of the rather large bar queue upstairs before the gig and when someone noticed and shouted "Oi you with the stupid hair"(Classic line, and one I may just use in the future) you replied with "Im with the band"....being with a Def Leppard tribute band does not give you the right to push to the front...TOOL!

..think I remember this gadgey.. he looked like an extra from a geriatric version of 'Point Break'... :guitar:

shite crowd. but that's what happens when yer used to all purpose built seater stadiums.

You need to take your own advice and shut your yap. No offense.

shite crowd. but that's what happens when yer used to all purpose built seater stadiums.

Moz shouldn't have even done an encore, the shit crowd didn't deserve it, should have walked off like at the sage gateshead.

He actually had to encourage the crowd to come forward to try to touch him at one point, some people were just stood lifeless at the front.

Hardly anyone even jumping for the more lively songs, whereas at most other gigs the whole crowd was bouncing in unison.

It's people like you that made it one of the worst crowds I've ever been a part of.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom