Mark Ellen (Whistle Test, The Word, Q, Smash Hits) on Morrissey, at The Mouth Magazine

Brilliant interview with Mark Ellen who used to present Whistle Test and was the editor for various music magazines. He has quite a lot to say about Morrissey in both parts of this interview.

http://themouthmagazine.com/2015/03/20/mark-ellen/

Mark Ellen's views on what a father would or wouldn't say are pretty bland, really. He should have met my father, it would have been a shock for him, I guess.

I dunno. I just (vainly) hope that you someday will wake up. And shape up.

Why don't you wake up, shape up, put me on Ignore and get on with your life? Stop trolling me and make your own contribution to this site instead of trying to get attention by criticising mine. Thanks.

best
BB

Why don't you wake up, shape up, put me on Ignore and get on with your life? Stop trolling me and make your own contribution to this site instead of trying to get attention by criticising mine. Thanks.

best
BB

You don't contribute. Your repetetiveness and constant shouting isn't "contributing".

I really don't get why anyone would like to behave and act like you do. Constant negativity, foul manners, rudeness. All day every day on an internet forum dedicated to an artist whom you don't even like. It's so depressing.

You don't contribute. Your repetetiveness and constant shouting isn't "contributing".

I really don't get why anyone would like to behave and act like you do. Constant negativity, foul manners, rudeness. All day every day on an internet forum dedicated to an artist whom you don't even like. It's so depressing.

Then put me on Ignore, you stupid berk. Nobody is asking you to read my comments. But if you didn't troll me with responses, ABSOLUTELY NOBODY WOULD NOTICE YOU on the basis of your own contributions. I've seen this many times as others try to focus attention on themselves by claiming to be outraged by my debunking of the pseud Morrissey. As for 'constant negativity, fould manners, rudeness', Morrissey regularly delivers with his tantrums, 'sub-species' insults. Yet he doesn't depress you. You are just another cult casualty. I choose to be amused by you.

best
BB

Then put me on Ignore, you stupid berk. Nobody is asking you to read my comments. But if you didn't troll me with responses, ABSOLUTELY NOBODY WOULD NOTICE YOU on the basis of your own contributions. I've seen this many times as others try to focus attention on themselves by claiming to be outraged by my debunking of the pseud Morrissey. As for 'constant negativity, fould manners, rudeness', Morrissey regularly delivers with his tantrums, 'sub-species' insults. Yet he doesn't depress you. You are just another cult casualty. I choose to be amused by you.

best
BB

Morrissey is witty. You aren't. Morrissey makes art - you're an internet troll. Huge difference, you see. And it's really not cool to behave a certain way just because Morrissey does it. Sounds like something a cultist would do, doesn't it?

And no, you're not debunking anyone or anything. No one takes you seriously. You're just repeating and rehashing your mind numbing theories in every thread possible. Morrissey doesn't know who you are. You're not changing him nor his supporters.

And you shouldn't have to put people on ignore. It shouldn't have to come to that. You should be able to come on here without having to wade through these endless, inane posts by some troubled internet junkie.

brummie is much more witty than moz, moz being like a broken record on animal rights and the royals.
'o you disappoint me so by not breaking away from the kingdum i will not give you an encore for your trouble.'
i dont know if they hate brummie show they just dont put him on ignore. they refuse.

And it's really not cool to behave a certain way just because Morrissey does it.

I do actually think there is something here that ties into Morrissey creating an overly restrictive world for himself. Morrissey has adopted the public persona of a bitter old queen for decades, trolling all and sundry with repetetive hate-filled rants, and refusing to engage in anything like intelligent discourse. Frankly, the state of this website is a perfect reflection of this persona. It has been populated in his own image, and frankly he deserves all the ranting lunatics he gets.

brummie is much more witty than moz, moz being like a broken record on animal rights and the royals.
'o you disappoint me so by not breaking away from the kingdum i will not give you an encore for your trouble.'
i dont know if they hate brummie show they just dont put him on ignore. they refuse.

He's on ignore. Trouble is there's mostly just grey blanks all over every thread where he's taken over and people just getting pissed off with him. The original topic lost again thanks to a retarded moderation policy. It takes a certain kind of imbecile to find this sort of shit witty or amusing.

I do actually think there is something here that ties into Morrissey creating an overly restrictive world for himself. Morrissey has adopted the public persona of a bitter old queen for decades, trolling all and sundry with repetetive hate-filled rants, and refusing to engage in anything like intelligent discourse. Frankly, the state of this website is a perfect reflection of this persona. It has been populated in his own image, and frankly he deserves all the ranting lunatics he gets.

First of all, maybe you would like to go through Morrissey's live from birth to present, so that we can all see how much better you would deal with it all. And secondly I can't remember any time when Morrissey blessed us with 'repetetive hate-filled rants' a couple of times every single day of the year. So, there you go.

Of course you are right, Gregor. I had to put him on ignore.

The negativity and rudeness, etc all stems from a lack of courage. And by that I mean a lack of courage to stand on his own.. apart from Morrissey. Everything that he posts is an overreaction to Morrissey. It's a weakness and he can't help himself. It's become so boring and tedious that I refuse to look at it anymore.

He's obviously got some intelligence but his neurosis has got the better of him.

Morrissey is witty. You aren't. Morrissey makes art - you're an internet troll. Huge difference, you see. And it's really not cool to behave a certain way just because Morrissey does it. Sounds like something a cultist would do, doesn't it?

And no, you're not debunking anyone or anything. No one takes you seriously. You're just repeating and rehashing your mind numbing theories in every thread possible. Morrissey doesn't know who you are. You're not changing him nor his supporters.

And you shouldn't have to put people on ignore. It shouldn't have to come to that. You should be able to come on here without having to wade through these endless, inane posts by some troubled internet junkie.

Morrissey is a troll. This is a publicly acknowledged discussion, and given Morrissey's decision to once again troll the issue of Scottish independence, is pertinent to discussion of the Glasgow gig. Your comment, however, is off-topic and irrelevant to this thread.

Morrissey: from rock genius to internet troll.

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...2/dec/13/morrissey-rock-genius-internet-troll

As usual, your thinking is confused. You say I'm a troll and it's not cool to copy Morrissey who isn't a troll? Make your mind up, thicko. I'm not asking anybody to take me seriously, I'm just having fun. I've no desire to change any of his hardcore cult or reach him with my comments. I couldn't give a f***. Even if you're too stupid/lazy to put me on Ignore, why do you continue to read and comment on what you call my 'mind-numbing theories'?

Unfortunately for you I have over 450 Thumbs Up on this site which, alongside supportive comments, suggests some people who read this forum either agree with some of my views or are just being mischievous to wind you up. Either way, I win, you loose. Now piss off and stop stalking me. GO AWAY GREGOR!!! lol!

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly. I don't put them on Ignore because they have so much to say about me. I cannot understand why they don't focus on sharing their opinions about Morrissey.

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

I agree with all of this. He has cultivated Hate and then his deluded sycophantic cult demand that others be nice. Ain't gonna happen!

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

He's on ignore. Trouble is there's mostly just grey blanks all over every thread where he's taken over and people just getting pissed off with him. The original topic lost again thanks to a retarded moderation policy. It takes a certain kind of imbecile to find this sort of shit witty or amusing.

I wonder what % of your comments are actually complaints about me, rather than adding anything positive to discussion of Morrissey?

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

First of all, maybe you would like to go through Morrissey's live from birth to present, so that we can all see how much better you would deal with it all. And secondly I can't remember any time when Morrissey blessed us with 'repetetive hate-filled rants' a couple of times every single day of the year. So, there you go.

I don't do that either. I took a break for 3 weeks just to prove that point. During my hiatus the trolls were still talking about me as they have nothing to say about Morrissey.

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

Of course you are right, Gregor. I had to put him on ignore.

The negativity and rudeness, etc all stems from a lack of courage. And by that I mean a lack of courage to stand on his own.. apart from Morrissey. Everything that he posts is an overreaction to Morrissey. It's a weakness and he can't help himself. It's become so boring and tedious that I refuse to look at it anymore.

He's obviously got some intelligence but his neurosis has got the better of him.

Hilarious. You refuse to read my comments, which is fine as I don't care, but you still can't stop commenting about me? What is wrong with you? All of you? Get a life, FFS!

best
BB

Personally I wouldn't go, saw them twice in their prime ( I actually started to see them a 3rd time at Preston until some shit threw a 50p coin which hit Morrissey on the head) and am happy with the memories from that. Seeing them on a stage together after court cases etc wouldn't work for me. I assume probable attendees would be a mix of older folks who never got the chance first time around and the younger generation who believe all the hype.

I mostly agree. Of course I would go, but would be absolutely gutted if I couldn't get a ticket because casual part time fair-weather fans (the kind who talk for most of the concert) got one and needed to attend 'the event'.
The Smiths will never reform and I'm just as happy. A reunion concert would almost be pointless at this stage and would possibly be an anti-climax/disappointment.

I had my chance to see The Smiths in Leisureland in Galway back in 1984 around the time of Hatful of Hollow, when my brother asked me to go with him. I was around 12 years old and was half-afraid of the idea of going into the city. Sickened now of course and have to content myself with an old cassette recording of the concert. I missed my chance. However seeing Moz many times in concert since then has more than made up for it.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom