Mancs V Cancer Meet Up This Saturday

Jukebox Jury

Retired
Saturday 23rd February
4pm Sinclairs Oyster Bar, Shambles Square (right behind the big ferris wheel)

Who is going?
Sign the consent form below:D

Jukebox Jury

i will be there, hopefully if my ticket arrives from ebay. does any1 know if any more acts are likely to be announced, i heard a rumour that paul mccartney was going to be the suprise headliner on the night. also are freebass playin?

i will be there, hopefully if my ticket arrives from ebay. does any1 know if any more acts are likely to be announced, i heard a rumour that paul mccartney was going to be the suprise headliner on the night. also are freebass playin?

If Paul Muckartney is playing then I'm out of there......

Freebass were originally announced with Liam Gallagher / Ian Brown on vocals but that has since gone very quiet and there's no mention of it on the official website.

I'll be in Sinclairs with my 'Cool As f***' T-shirt on:cool:

Jukebox Jury

well liam gallagher wont be there as he's in L.A recording with Oasis. Ian brown wont play as he said this on his myspace a couple of month back. i rekon they might have to play though due to the lack of manchester bands. i thought courteeners might play or twisted wheel. anyway might see you in oyster bar, thats my fav haunt round that area.

well liam gallagher wont be there as he's in L.A recording with Oasis. Ian brown wont play as he said this on his myspace a couple of month back. i rekon they might have to play though due to the lack of manchester bands. i thought courteeners might play or twisted wheel. anyway might see you in oyster bar, thats my fav haunt round that area.

Agree - rather than The Farm / The View, Athlete etc, lets get The Courteeners, The Ting Tings and, er, Northside on the bill:guitar:

Jukebox Jury

Last edited:
northside yeah!!! i know ryder played with carpets years back. they did a stomping 24 hour party people @ apollo manchester...maybe a repeat?
i also heard (manchester whispers lol) that mondays are suppose to be covering a joy division song with peter hook & rowetta...looks unlikely though.
also inspiral's are suppose to get mark e smith on to play i want you.

i wouldnt be suprised if primal scream come on for a few songs, i just dream that morrissey might be the headliner, doubt it but it qould be good

It'd be even cooler if Sir Paul played bass with the Freebassists... :guitar:

:angry:

northside yeah!!! i know ryder played with carpets years back. they did a stomping 24 hour party people @ apollo manchester...maybe a repeat?
i also heard (manchester whispers lol) that mondays are suppose to be covering a joy division song with peter hook & rowetta...looks unlikely though.
also inspiral's are suppose to get mark e smith on to play i want you.

i wouldnt be suprised if primal scream come on for a few songs, i just dream that morrissey might be the headliner, doubt it but it qould be good

I was at that Inspiral Carpets gig at The Apollo when Shaun 'staggered on stage'.
I was also with 'a member of the Inspiral Carpets' today and spoke about the gig, they have 30 mins at 7pm... he didn't mentionn MES but hope you are right.

Tickets are still on sale for the top tier so I dont think there will be any surprises on the night or they would have been anounced by now to boost sales.

Jukebox Jury

I was also with 'a member of the Inspiral Carpets' today and spoke about the gig, they have 30 mins at 7pm... he didn't mentionn MES but hope you are right.
Jukebox Jury

Oh no - too early like EATB!

We'll be legging it faster than you!

Finally, I'll get to the meet up on Saturday and buy you all the pints I owe you then JJ

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom