maladjusted

J

Joe

I was wondering if most Morrissey fans liked Maladjusted? Morrissey is no doubt my favorite musician, and I try to support him, but when friends of mine who used to be fans complain that "Maladjusted" sucked, I have a hard time defending it. I know that "Southpaw" and "Kill Uncle" are not many people's favorite albums, but I find myself listening to them more than to "Maladjusted." I was curious if others feel the same? Please don't take this to mean that I think he should retire. I personally would prefer to forever speculate about Moz's future and have that glimmer of hope for things to come than to know that he is definitely done.

> I was wondering if most Morrissey fans liked Maladjusted?¿ Morrissey is no doubt my favorite musician, and I try to support¿ him, but when friends of mine who used to be fans complain that¿ "Maladjusted" sucked, I have a hard time defending it.¿ I know that "Southpaw" and "Kill Uncle" are¿ not many people's favorite albums, but I find myself listening¿ to them more than to "Maladjusted." I was curious if¿ others feel the same? Please don't take this to mean that I¿ think he should retire. I personally would prefer to forever¿ speculate about Moz's future and have that glimmer of hope for¿ things to come than to know that he is definitely done.

I felt that Malajusted was a strong effort. The majority of people do not believe so. I like MALAJUSTED more than Southpaw, and far more than KILL UNCLE. Either way, it depends on the person I guess. I also believe that MOZ is far from "over". I still believe he has an effort or two left to wow us all.

> I felt that Malajusted was a strong effort. The majority of¿ people do not believe so. I like MALAJUSTED more than Southpaw,¿ and far more than KILL UNCLE. Either way, it depends on the¿ person I guess. I also believe that MOZ is far from¿ "over". I still believe he has an effort or two left¿ to wow us all.

I too like Malajusted, I think half of the songs are great (Malajusted, Ambitious (well the end bit), Alma…, Trouble…, Wide…, Satan…) and the other half are okay, most peoples albums are @#!!! apart from the singles they use to sell 'em. Its not a fantastic album, but its a lot better than a lot of the rubbish out there. I have been listening to some other "indie" type arists recently and you soon realise that even the "great" ones produce half-cocked albums; Pulps "Hardcore" is only good for the first half and so is Bjorks last offering, as wells as albums by Blur, the Verve and Suede.

I think that Maladjusted is a great record! I like it probably about as much as Vauxhall! The only Moz record I'm still not nuts about (and this is after 11 years of listening) is Kill Uncle. I think people want a lot of Vauxhall and a lot of Your Aresenal. The guy is a musician. His music isn't going to repeat itself. If it did, I wouldn't be as into him as I am.

Oh, as a side note, Southpaw took a little getting used to, but I really really like it. I fell it's a very strong record that takes some chances.

Any thoughts?

I was rather disappointed with Maladjusted. I think that it is one of his worst works. I also found the spate of singles around the "Bona Drag" period to be really inferior and I am surprised that so many people criticise Kill Uncle when to me it was an improvement on that Bona Drag stuff. It wasn't remarkable, I know, but it was hardly his worst in my humble opinion. Southpaw Grammar wasn't great but I liked it a lot more than Maladjusted. It does take some getting used to but I also think that it is better than the Bona Drag period.

> I think that Maladjusted is a great record! I like it probably¿ about as much as Vauxhall! The only Moz record I'm still not¿ nuts about (and this is after 11 years of listening) is Kill¿ Uncle. I think people want a lot of Vauxhall and a lot of Your¿ Aresenal. The guy is a musician. His music isn't going to repeat¿ itself. If it did, I wouldn't be as into him as I am.¿ Oh, as a side note, Southpaw took a little getting used to, but¿ I really really like it. I fell it's a very strong record that¿ takes some chances.¿ Any thoughts?

i'm probably one of the few who liked "Southpaw Grammar" on the first listen,
especially "The Operation" which sounds better live. As for Maladjusted the only
tune I was impressed with was "Trouble Loves Me", and possibly "Satan". The rest was
kind of a rehash or just mediocre, really. and don't get me started on that "Sorrow" thing!
It would've been better if the background wasn't so polished sounding.

that is all

bona drag is wicked

My God, just about every song on that record is good. Only a couple are boring. What's wrong with you? How can you not hear the charms of Stephen Street's sparkling compositions? Not to mention Armstrong. And Moz's great lyrics. Wonderful vocal melodies. Nice production and good guitars. I mean SUEDEHEAD?! THE LAST OF THE INTERNATIONAL PLAYBOYS?! HE KNOWS?! great songs! Ow!¿ I was rather disappointed with Maladjusted. I think that it is¿ one of his worst works. I also found the spate of singles around¿ the "Bona Drag" period to be really inferior and I am¿ surprised that so many people criticise Kill Uncle when to me it¿ was an improvement on that Bona Drag stuff. It wasn't¿ remarkable, I know, but it was hardly his worst in my humble¿ opinion. Southpaw Grammar wasn't great but I liked it a lot more¿ than Maladjusted. It does take some getting used to but I also¿ think that it is better than the Bona Drag period.

Not rehashed; thematic expression!

I'll admit that Maladjusted was polished, but, hell, it's a studio album. I rather liked the clean sound of the overall record. It, to me, represents a really nice progression of the band as studio musicians.

I also don't think that the songs could be called "rehashed." I thought, from first listen that there were common threads that one can find in many moz records, but these themes were expanded upon (read: Ambitious Outsiders).

Any thoughts on this?¿ It would've been better if the background wasn't so polished¿ sounding.

Re: bona drag is wicked

> My God, just about every song on that record is good. Only a¿ couple are boring. What's wrong with you? How can you not hear¿ the charms of Stephen Street's sparkling compositions? Not to¿ mention Armstrong. And Moz's great lyrics. Wonderful vocal¿ melodies. Nice production and good guitars. I mean SUEDEHEAD?!¿ THE LAST OF THE INTERNATIONAL PLAYBOYS?! HE KNOWS?! great songs!¿ Ow!
Well, Suedehead I consider to be a Viva Hate song. The songs are good, but I think that they are Morrissey's poorest material. Sorry, that's just the way I feel about it.

Re: bona drag sucked

Bona Drag stank. Picadilly Palare? Crap. November Spawned a Monster? Pointless. Ouija Board Ouija board? Rubbish. Hairdresser on Fire? Junk. Last of the Playboys? Yeesh. Luck Lisp? Whew! And so on...

Re: bona drag sucked - Kill Uncle?

Here's my take....."Everyday is Like Sunday" "He Knows I'd Love To See Him" "Yes, I am Blind" -- ALL from Bona Drag and they're ALL really good songs. Some of you may not like the poppy sounding songs like
"Piccadilly Palare", but still. It's a good album. I haven't bought
MALADJUSTED yet. I don't know about Kill Uncle, I heard it was his worst album, I have yet to buy that one also. WHAT DO U THINK?

Re: bona drag sucked - Kill Uncle?

¿ MALADJUSTED yet. I don't know about Kill Uncle, I heard it was¿ his worst album, I have yet to buy that one also. WHAT DO U¿ THINK?

I don't like Kill Uncle, but I think Southpaw Grammar was his worst outing.But hey, that's just me. I live in Calgary, AB Canada and that was the only Morrissey album to be "big" here ever. I love Bona Drag, but think Vauxhall and I is his best. My fav song though comes from Your Arsenal, "Tommorrow" Definately buy Maladjusted though, it has a few silly songs near the end but it is worth the money.

> Bona Drag stank. Picadilly Palare? Crap. November Spawned a¿ Monster? Pointless. Ouija Board Ouija board? Rubbish.¿ Hairdresser on Fire? Junk. Last of the Playboys? Yeesh. Luck¿ Lisp? Whew! And so on...

You gotta be kidding right? I can almost understand you not liking some of those but to diss hairdresser and playboys is downright insane! Bona Drag is many people's fave Moz LP if you're allowed compilations.. mine too possibly.

> You gotta be kidding right? I can almost understand you not¿ liking some of those but to diss hairdresser and playboys is¿ downright insane! Bona Drag is many people's fave Moz LP if¿ you're allowed compilations.. mine too possibly.
No! Hairdresser on Fire in particular really reeked!
The whole album is far too pop.

Maladjusted? It freaking rocked dude! And so did Bona Drag. BD is my favourite ever! Oh, what a great album! I love all the songs. I think everyone else is crazy! Yes, it is true! You are all crazy!