Lutewhine, what's up?

N

nonesoever

I'm remotely queued half of the day, is the demand so high?
and even when I do download, I get 2kb/s.

If I'd have stayed with the 700MB guy I would
have been finished by now.

What's up with you people?
If you're done downloading a file,
please share it.
Lutewhine shouldn't be alone.

> I'm remotely queued half of the day, is the demand so high?
> and even when I do download, I get 2kb/s.

> If I'd have stayed with the 700MB guy I would
> have been finished by now.

> What's up with you people?
> If you're done downloading a file,
> please share it.
> Lutewhine shouldn't be alone.

It's the same for me. I went to work and when I came home 9 hours later I'm still remotely queued. Please don't get me wrong Lutewhine, I'm very greatful that you are working so hard on this. I just want to help solve the problems.

Well it's out there, it's just not necessarily being shared

> It's the same for me. I went to work and when I came home 9 hours later
> I'm still remotely queued. Please don't get me wrong Lutewhine, I'm very
> greatful that you are working so hard on this. I just want to help solve
> the problems.

I'm actually starting to get pissed off with this - I've just this minute come back to my PC having left it 14 hours ago. There were 83 completed uploads.

So, I search for "Importance Morrissey" to see how widespread the file is and...nothing.

To a certain extent I'll put this down to the fact that most people downloading it are in the US (so my search is timing out before it finds any of the users that do have it), but I really do get the impression that people are moving it out of their shared folder as soon as the download is complete. My PC pretty much grinds to a halt while all this activity goes on, and I'm not going to spend the rest of the month without a PC, so if people downloading it could relieve the burden a little I'd be grateful.

I set the traffic limit to 6 downloads this morning, but even so I've not got the fastest broadband connection in the world. It's peaking at around 11 kb/s for some of the users that are downloading it at the moment, but is generally settling at around 4 or 5 kb/s.

Re: Well it's out there, it's just not necessarily being shared

I have the files and I'm online and no one is downloading from me! I haven't had any luck connecting to you again to get the smaller files, either. Oh, well. I'm here. If anyone wants to download from me, you know what to do.

Back
Top Bottom