Lost For Words

• Thread starter Elliot (The Guy From The Video)
  • Start date
E

Elliot (The Guy From The Video)

Well it's weird to see people writing about me. The really strange thing is the mixture of truth, lies and perception. I'm not a regular to this site but a friend of mine e-mailed me the link. Anyway, Hi to everyone from the "Good 'Ole Days" back in England. They were the best time of my life - or of my youth. I'm now married with a beautiful 10 month old son so prioroties change!! Still love Moz & The Smiths (not Wham as was previously suggested). Well I don't know what else to say - I guess I'm "Lost For Words....."

Glad you could stop by Elliot!

Moz fans have changed quite drastically over the years. You may not like what you see here.

You did love Wham! though Elliot. Don't deny it.

I can produce witnesses from the old Rushulme Academy of Christian Clockmakers (a.k.a. Xaverian College).

Still got the jacket?

Mnay many bad memories of Xaverian Colege. But Wham - no. As I recall, Xavarian college was my Psychobilly phase! They sent me home for having a rather precariously placed hole in my jeans. I only went there because it was in Rusholme! You are re-surfacing the bad times of my youth. There were many much nicer times. As far as the jacket, believe it or not, I still have it but alas it is old, faded and cracked. Haven't worn it for 15 years or so. I'll agree with you that looking back it was rather ugly. But never a day went by without someone asking where I got it from and at the time - I loved my jacket. Who are you by the way, or would you rather stay hid?

> You did love Wham! though Elliot. Don't deny it.

> I can produce witnesses from the old Rushulme Academy of Christian
> Clockmakers (a.k.a. Xaverian College).

> Still got the jacket?

> Well it's weird to see people writing about me. The really strange thing
> is the mixture of truth, lies and perception. I'm not a regular to this
> site but a friend of mine e-mailed me the link. Anyway, Hi to everyone
> from the "Good 'Ole Days" back in England. They were the best
> time of my life - or of my youth. I'm now married with a beautiful 10
> month old son so prioroties change!! Still love Moz & The Smiths (not
> Wham as was previously suggested). Well I don't know what else to say - I
> guess I'm "Lost For Words....."

Hi Elliot -- it's Tara. (not sure if you knew my screen name on here) Glad to hear wife and baby are well. Take care and hope you guys have a great time at the convention this year. I'm sorry I can't be there.

Elliot!

I'll have you know that Tara (GenderNectar) gets credit for putting your pic on here... I gave it to you and Ray- and she got it form Ray- and put it here

Seeya next Saturday night @ the Smiths/Moz Con - a very special night as it is also my 35th B-Day

I brought back a prize from Manchester you can give out to the fans in one of your trivia contests: a pack of NOT-tacky Moz badges that were left on each seat at the show- I have one left for you guys

Cheers,

Jay

Moz Badges From Manchester

Here's a scan of the pack of NOT-tacky badges

pic176891.jpg

Im glad you still have that jacket. You have taken me back, everyone at Xav's seemed to be a Billy boy or girl in them days.

You would'nt know me, I don't believe our paths ever crossed (and everyone was a Smiths fan then). I enjoyed the bitchin in the "Lesser" common roon (smokers- though I gave up quite quickly).

I do my bitchin here now! (strictly for light amusement).

My name is Stephen, I am (and was) a 6'2" guttersnipe from the northside of the city. First caught The Smiths at 10th Summer festival in 86, just before going to Xaverian. Have to admit I opted for a night at the Hacienda instead of going to Wolverhampton, but from Wembley Arena onwards have stuck in there.

Watched the video recently for the first time in years. Everyone looks so young!

Good luck

Back
Top Bottom