Looky what I just got off of eBay

W

Weiß

The October 21, 1961 issue of the Saturday Evening Post. Big deal, you say? Well lets turn to page 30, shall we? People on the Way Up: Shelagh Delaney. Shown here with a 1st edition of her play A Taste of Honey.

pic118905.jpg

> The October 21, 1961 issue of the Saturday Evening Post. Big deal, you
> say? Well lets turn to page 30, shall we? People on the Way Up: Shelagh
> Delaney. Shown here with a 1st edition of her play A Taste of Honey.

NICE! That cover is my favorite Smiths cover...I couldn't tell you why though, i have no familiarity with the play. Anyway, if you don't mind divulging, how much did that go for? and why did someone even have it? Seems like an odd thing to keep around the house...unless it was for that particular article I suppose.

Thank you kindly!

I actually happened upon this site:

http://www.oz.net/~moz/images/thumbs/cstar.htm

That lists the sources of much of the artwork from The Smiths and Morrissey album/CD covers. Louder than Bombs is one of my favorites, too, and when I saw the source, I simply searched ebay and sure enough, it was right there!

I paid $14 for it, and it is absolutely priceless to me. Goes hand in glove with my favorite watch.

Rare British Smiths military watch, vintage 1968. I've long held that this last of the British watch makers that was forced out of business during Thatchers reign was at least partly where the name of the group came from

pic118921.jpg

Those pics of your mom sucking off a tribe of indians???? ahhhhhh how did those get from my drawer to ebay??? ok...what gives???? Shje gave those to me one night and made me swear not to tell anyone...now the whole word knows.

Clearly my dad, NOT my mom.

And if you mean to tell me he didn't blow you, then you're the only queen in the world he didn't.

Re: Clearly my dad, NOT my mom.

You must be related to hey nonny nonny?? I in no way have banged or been blown by a guy...I dont like guys...I have too many women to bang....so many women to bang...only 1 of me..... lucky for me. once again,I dont bang guys...f***face!!!!! I leave that up to your dog.

Interesting response, LIMP.

I never mentioned you banging guys. Yet you put it right out there. Twice. In this instance I believe once would mean no, but twice would almost certainly mean yes. Now you may not have acted on it, but it is pretty clear that you think about it. A lot. Why else, on a post about receiving oral gratification from men, would you address someone as "F*ck face"? That's almost like pleading for oral sex from a guy.

I'm not judging you. I'm just saying.

Re: Interesting response, LIMP.

yeah..all the time...you figured me out......NOT!!! what the f*** are you saying?? do you even know???? You did say something about me liking guys.... like the great andrew dice clay says"how can a guy sit on a beach...look at another guys hairy ass and say...I gotta have that??" Dude for the last time.....(I feel like a f***in tape recorder..... I dont bang guys...have never banged guys...dont think about bangin guys...everyone here knows i dont bang guys...so go f*** yourself dickcheese.

Re: Interesting response, PIMP.

You did wityh the word "queen"...now im not too sure...but i think that means you think im a fag???? but i can assure you: with all this f***in hot pussy walking around..... Im very much heterosexual. Now,if your dad would have blown me,that would mean that i would have some sort of homosexual tendencies...which i proudly do not...Like Ive said a billion f***in times...I dont care if you're gay.straight,if you like to hump wooley mammoths...i could give a shit less... It's actually very funny that you dumb dumbs continue to think i have any sort of sex with guys...i think it's you who dreams of the dick...which is cool..if thats your thing...but trying to pawn it off on a vowed heterosexual...just isnt cool. Thats like coming to my door trying to get me into god......It doesnt work. But hey,keep making yourselves look like dumb dumbs.... Im happily banging all your mom's...Im too busy for anything else... they keep me on my toes and make me lots of loot.

Re: Interesting response, LIMP.

One last thing dickless wonder.... if your dad goes around blowing guys..as you claim...then he's the one who needs to check himself into a clinic or something...they have creams for that stuff you know???? Now,be gone.... Im off to yoshinoya.... with my lady. I think you're the one who blows guys...You know what they say"like father,like son"...I guess that was written for you 2 huh??? good for you...but be proud...you both do it with pride.

What a blowhard.

See? You answered the same post THREE times. You know what? This is the behaviour of someone with one or both of his testicles undescended. How long have you had this problem? We can fix it. I can take a sharpened #2 pencil and stick it up your ass. Someone else can stick their finger in your nose and mouth and ears and if you blow real hard (you obviously know how to do that) the pressure might drop your nuts down to where they should be.
Or we could just shoot you in the face with a bazooka and put you out of your misery, since you like to hurt and maim and kill and rape and torture elderly turtles with cataracts. So f*** you, Mr. f***-you-man!

Re: What a blowhard.

Huh?? i didnt say i liked to f*** turtles...thats just sick...you should have yourself checked out..... i didnt answer my own posts ignoranus..... I added to them..... Id expect you to know the difference....worry more about yourself and less about what i do ok???? You might be a betterment to the society then.

Re: Thats better than being a dickless wonder who blows water buffaloes.

Re: Thank you kindly!

Nice watch... I thought, since no one ever mentioned them here, that I was the only one who ever knew about them... I am wearing one in this picture...

my homepage
pic119005.jpg

My brother! I've had mine for about two years now.

And I held off getting one until I could afford the rare W10 model that was made specifically for the British military. I like just about anything that says "Smiths" on it, but the Smiths W10 model seems particularly Smiths-like, with its dark face, stark writing, British military "broad arrow" insignia at the 6:00 mark, and the simple "MADE IN ENGLAND" that just seems to scream The Smiths. No cheap quarts movement here; this is a real 17-jewel mechanical (hand wind) movement. Very National Health looking, like the glasses Moz wore in The Smiths. There is also a very rare model made for blind people, where the crystal flips open to reveal tactile markers for each of the hours. THAT is the bomb watch. You can't get much more Smiths than a watch that says SMITHS on it, made for the blind. Almost as good as wearing a hearing aide

Bitter-sweet history of the Smiths watch company:
One of the more elusive but well-respected watch companies of yesteryear was the Smiths Watch Co. of England, best known for supplying Edmund Hillary with a Smiths watch for his infamous 1953 climb up Mt. Everest (yes, the Smiths got there before the Rolex explorer). They are also known for being a rare English wristwatch maker.
Samuel Smith founded a business of watchmakers and jewelers in 1851. His son, also Samuel, started on his own before he was 21, and established a business at 85 Strand, London. He expanded as S. Smith and Son with other businesses in Strand Trafalgar Square and Piccadilly. In 1899 the business became S. Smith and Son Ltd.
Gordon Smith, the son of Samuel Junior, joined the business about 1902 and was appointed manager at 9 Strand, London. During WW1 Smiths was engaged in making shell fuses, and a huge new factory was built at Cricklewood solely for this purpose. After the war they supplied instruments and accessories to carmakers, and consolidated the company as the largest manufacturer in Europe of car and aviation instruments.
By 1926 Smiths was producing nearly 100,000 car clocks per year and was importing the platform escapements. AGF Smith decided to make his own escapements, and formed the All British Escapement Co Ltd (ABEC). A company called English Clock and Watch Manufacturers Ltd. of Coventry made the first electric car clock in England; marketed under the brand-name "Empire," it was fitted in Rolls-Royces and many other cars. Smiths purchased the company in 1932. It continued to manufacture under its own name as well as with the trademarks "Empire" and "Astral.”

By the early seventies, Smiths watches found themselves facing financial difficulty. When they turned to the British Government for help, they were rebuffed by then Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher. It is rumored that the British Government had just earmarked millions of pounds to help finance John DeLorean with an upstart automobile company to be headquartered in Belfast, Ireland. This left no money in the coffers to help out an aging watch firm. It was reported that Timex bought out the financially troubled Smiths and, subsequently destroyed the tooling and spare parts.

They were the last, truly, British watchmakers, we will ever know.

More Smiths W10 images at BroadArrow.net
4276549356.jpg

Veradicere, you do have SOME familiarity with the play.

Moz lifted some of the lines from the play and referenced several others in lyrics to the first Smiths albums See also "By Grand Central Station I Sat Down and Wept" by Elizabeth Smart.