London - O2 Arena (Nov. 29, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

The Queen Is Dead / Suedehead / Staircase At The University / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Kiss Me A Lot / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Istanbul / Smiler With Knife / The Bullfighter Dies / Trouble Loves Me / Earth Is The Loneliest Planet / Neal Cassady Drops Dead / Meat Is Murder / Scandinavia / Kick The Bride Down The Aisle / I'm Not A Man / Speedway // Asleep / Everyday Is Like Sunday

set list provided by @mswro2012 / Twitter, link posted by Hand in Hand-Shoe.

Last edited:
His voice is rich and strong these days. Pitch Perfect. Good show. Trouble Loves Me was worth the ticket price alone. Stop moaning.

IN a world where Ed Sheeran can expect to sell out Wembley Stadium 3 nights running nothing in the music business is prone to comparaisons. That's the stadium. Wembley Stadium. For 3 nights

I therefore think the boring Ginger f*** may have sold over a million in the UK singing his songs about Lego Houses and whatever else he does. Its a mystery...

I expect him and Taylor to duet soon

I am glad I'm not alone in being mystified by the popularity of the tattooed ginger boy. I thought English taste had plumbed its deepest depths with Mumford and Sons, but now this Sheeran fellow. Must be music for the smartphone generation...

I am glad I'm not alone in being mystified by the popularity of the tattooed ginger boy. I thought English taste had plumbed its deepest depths with Mumford and Sons, but now this Sheeran fellow. Must be music for the smartphone generation...

I simply can't see why people would want to go to a stadium and watch a bloke with an acoustic guitar. Appreciate he may be very good and lots of people clearly think so, but can it generate the excitement that Oasis did when they played there?

IN a world where Ed Sheeran can expect to sell out Wembley Stadium 3 nights running nothing in the music business is prone to comparaisons. That's the stadium. Wembley Stadium. For 3 nights

I therefore think the boring Ginger f*** may have sold over a million in the UK singing his songs about Lego Houses and whatever else he does. Its a mystery...

I expect him and Taylor to duet soon

Taylor Swift with Ed Sheeran, Lego House, Red Tour London O2 Feb 1st 2014

Last edited by a moderator:
You watch the set list in Dublin
I bet he doesn't bore them to death with his world peace crap and plays more Smiths songs, it's just like him

I simply can't see why people would want to go to a stadium and watch a bloke with an acoustic guitar. Appreciate he may be very good and lots of people clearly think so, but can it generate the excitement that Oasis did when they played there?

I've never seen Morrissey play an acoustic guitar

Ssssh. You're not allowed to say that. It's too close to the truth. It was a complete sellout. Everything He touches turns to gold. He's even cured himself of cancer.

You see, you guys, you are the result of hundreds of millions of years of evolution. You have been given the miraculous gift of life, consciousness and self awareness. However, you elect to spend your time on an internet fan forum lying about the attendance at a pop concert. You have to realise the extent of your jealousy, loneliness and life force slipping through your fingers and take action. You have to also realise your lie can be disproved with a cursory glance at youtube, twitter or by anyone actually at the show and look deep inside yourselves at why you feel compelled to do this and what it says about your mental capacity. For the sake of your brain health you need to prioritise intellectually becoming an adult. You have to urgently redirect your energy to positive contribution or you will just die as the guys that pissed away their lives on the fansite of a pop singer they didn't even like. this would be a ridiculous outcome and I urge you to avoid it. Rise up my friends and go and be a positive force in the world. You won't get another go at this and you are letting yourselves, your family and fellow citizens down in a massive and miserable fashion.

wonderful show. But a big "f*** you" to the idiotic drunken couple who almost ruined it. They stumbled near the front during Anna Calvi's set and had a blazing row, therefore distracting a lot of people trying to watch the show. He was shouting and she was provokingg him and being a hassle to everyone nearmy. Thankfully they left during the video package. f***ing morons.

So according to the Evening Express Ireland isn't part of Europe? I better let the embassies know.
P.s. Looks like Moz had a huge audience for the concert. Good for him (and them!).

Does anyone have a list of the pre-show intro tape?? Cannot find a thing online! I know it's the Dolls and Nico and Lypsinka and a few other bits but I can't find a full list. Trying to write a review. Still aglow from last night.

We'll never wanted to go to the O2 in my life but moz owned the place. His voice has just become richer and richer over the years and last night was faultless, highly emotional times and beautiful. Hardly an empt seat. Don't want to go back to the O2 but would do it all again in an instant for moz. Worst venue but a great gig.

Is it just me or is Morrissey looking extra fit lately?

- - - Updated - - -

Ssssh. You're not allowed to say that. It's too close to the truth. It was a complete sellout. Everything He touches turns to gold. He's even cured himself of cancer.

kvnt :)

Having seen Morrissey on every UK visit for the last 30 years I was pleased to hear the new album performed and not a rehashed collection of the greatest hits. The venue was pretty much full up but a third of these seats were filled by late arriving punters as he performed the first song. Highlights were the trashing of the drum kit and a very emotional "Asleep" during the encore. I wonder if this could be his very last UK show ever.

Last edited:
Taylor Swift with Ed Sheeran, Lego House, Red Tour London O2 Feb 1st 2014

"We love him, we mourned for him, plucky Boy from Brum. We wish we'd gone down, gone down on him", etc.

But we are very, very glad that he's back. As I'm sure Surface, Irish Blood Irish Heart, Lynnda and the rest will agree: reading BrummieBoy is like a religious experience. He doesn't make 'posts', per se, they're more aptly described as 'Secular Sermons'. And we are privileged to be in his presence.

Of course, it's no use trying to educate this crowd by providing links to Taylor Swift/Ed Sheeran songs, because as we've figured out by now, they don't understand anything about True Art. Nor do they wish to learn.

But BrummieBoy selflessly and conscientiously persists, attempting to enlighten and awaken the ignorant, and it's one of the many reasons why we mourned his absence.
If he leaves again, then somebody, somewhere ... switch out the lights, and lay me down in the earth because I won't wish to go on any more.

We won't darken our thoughts with such considerations for now, because while he's here we'll rejoice, and the looming danger of being abandoned again seems so far away.
As I write this I dance to the link that BrummieBoy bestowed upon us, and once I'm done writing I'll leave my seat and allow the music to overtake my body.
I'll sway, I'll groove. I'll dance like things will always be this way, and nothing will ever change.

As BrummieBoy once said: Taylor Swift is Joni Mitchell+Jane Austen+Audrey Hepburn.
But BrummieBoy himself is Einstein+Goethe+Wittgenstein.
Not to mention Clooney, Rooney.....

We salute you, and we idolize you.
Our inspiration, our Mentor, our motivation.

BrummieBoy: 1960-Forever
Taylor Swift: 1989-Forever
Morrissey: 1959-He'll be lucky to make it out of this decade.

Humbly yours,
'Mozambiguous'

"Used to be a Sweet Boy"
[video=youtube;c6ONH3f5Wsk] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6ONH3f5Wsk[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
I really can't figure it out why are you arguing who would sell more stadiums full. In here. In Morrissey's site. Has he ever been a stadium ROCK artist? Who would want it? Really? At least I wouldn't be interested if he was. At first because I don't especially like ROCK and secondly because I despise every stadium bands I can think of.

Last night seemed to be great though. Truly hope I could have been there! But I have to settle for those four gigs where I was. And I should. They were great also. And I was happy with the setlist. But then again there wasn't any unfamiliar song for me.

(And I apologise my bad, non-native English. You don't have to tell me...)

For many years I posted on here anonymously, after my original login was lost (in the first major site revamp?) but never as a troll. I felt anonymous posting, and no/light moderation, were essential to maintaining all perspectives on this site, no matter how critical. However, this thread in particular has made me realize that trolls have too large a platform, or have become too large in number, or have become too prolific, for unchecked freedom to bring any good.

Please, David, do something to control this mess before it utterly destroys the site I have loved and visited daily for so many years.

For many years I posted on here anonymously, after my original login was lost (in the first major site revamp?) but never as a troll. I felt anonymous posting, and no/light moderation, were essential to maintaining all perspectives on this site, no matter how critical. However, this thread in particular has made me realize that trolls have too large a platform, or have become too large in number, or have become too prolific, for unchecked freedom to bring any good.

Please, David, do something to control this mess before it utterly destroys the site I have loved and visited daily for so many years.

Please do not hijack post show thread and read this

Thanks.

Please do not hijack post show thread and read this

Thanks.

lol "Don't post hijack" thats rich considering every single f***ing thread that is posted here you just let divulge into the same old arguments. Someone comes along and calls for a little bit of order and stability and its the only one you have a go at. Weak. Just goes to show the agenda of yourself and David who want this place to be an absolute shit storm as a way of getting back at Morrissey.

I'm all for healthy debate and I am in no way advocating a site where all everyone does is praise every little thing the man does. That pisses me off too when people think he could fart in a jar and sell it on ebay and they'd buy it for $10k. But there is a definite happy medium between outright worshipping fanaticism and outright trolling hate. It seems you favour the latter and have no interest in finding balance.

Point is, I don't see how what he said warrants your response where you love to throw your weight around when on any given day you see posts on here saying some pretty deplorable stuff and you don't say a word. You got no credibility anymore.

Last edited:
Tags
gig review louderthanwar morrissey o2 london
Back
Top Bottom