List Of Top 100 Rarities

I have a long way to go.
I only have # 99, 91, 80, 74, 68, 53 & 51.

I get outbid a lot due to lack of cash. LOL:D

We really need a MOZ RC issue a.s.a.p.

Last edited:
Go on, Beau. How many more do you need?

In fact, let's ask everyone - how many do you need to finish the list?

Me, I'm 23 down - so 77 to go! Nothing higher than number 19 :(

Well Dave, this might be disappointing to some, but I only have 60something of the top 100.

I have about half of the top 100...some doubles though (don't mention the blue Sheila..:rolleyes::rolleyes:). Highest on my shelf is the #0011 of the multicoloured German debut promo. I also love all the Japanese vinyl releases.

I'm not too much into CDs.

I have all 100 rarities apart from

# 6 "Earned It Yet Baby" 12 uk testpressing
# 23 "Babarism Begins At Home" 12 uk testpressing
# 26 "Queens Is Dead" uk mayking white label LP
# 27 "Rank" uk LP testpressing w/misspressed sleeve

Stefan R

Well Dave, this might be disappointing to some, but I only have 60something of the top 100.

Hi Beau,

Personally, I am very surprised, because of the many amazing items you have posted for our viewing pleasure in recent months (I am still jealous) and your unquestionable knowledge on all things Smiths/Morrissey, I assumed you had a near complete collection?

Are the westwood one cd's you guys speak the radio concerts sent to the radio stations? I have a westwood one absolutely live, weekend of August 7/8 2004, Show #4-32. It has paper work with it that has a breakdown of the radio broadcast Content (songs played and times) and what commercials to play at what time.. Sorry for the rambleing but is this the Westwood One disc's you guys are talking about?
Thanks

Hi Beau,

Personally, I am very surprised, because of the many amazing items you have posted for our viewing pleasure in recent months (I am still jealous) and your unquestionable knowledge on all things Smiths/Morrissey, I assumed you had a near complete collection?

I would guess that beau has items in possession that weren't even contemplated in the completion of this list...

edit: looking over the list, there are some items missing that puzzle me -- the rough trade hatful blue border and the japanese tokuma double discs come to mind.

Last edited:
I would guess that beau has items in possession that weren't even contemplated in the completion of this list...

Is this what you call "an educated guess"?

I would really like to learn about items people feel belong in a revised top 100.

Are the westwood one cd's you guys speak the radio concerts sent to the radio stations? I have a westwood one absolutely live, weekend of August 7/8 2004, Show #4-32. It has paper work with it that has a breakdown of the radio broadcast Content (songs played and times) and what commercials to play at what time.. Sorry for the rambleing but is this the Westwood One disc's you guys are talking about?
Thanks

Yeah that's the ones, from what I understand, these are quite hard to find and therefore can fetch silly money.

Yeah that's the ones, from what I understand, these are quite hard to find and therefore can fetch silly money.

yeah - they can be quite painful to look for. i'm not sure around what time this happened, but westwood one started producing the discs as cd-rs. i know of two sets taht were silver factory pressed cds - the double smiths disc from 1993 and a later issued set that featured tracks from the smiths oxford gig and a morrissey '95 show.

Is this what you call "an educated guess"?

I would really like to learn about items people feel belong in a revised top 100.

i would label it 'mildly educated'. i don't keep up much nowadays, but it just seems like outside the obvious items on the list, some items aren't especially rare when compared to others, such as the japanese tokuma double discs i mentioned in a previous post. i haven't read this entire thread, only gave it a cursory glance, but just an impression i got from the scans.

I have all 100 rarities apart from

# 6 "Earned It Yet Baby" 12 uk testpressing
# 23 "Babarism Begins At Home" 12 uk testpressing
# 26 "Queens Is Dead" uk mayking white label LP
# 27 "Rank" uk LP testpressing w/misspressed sleeve

You are one very lucky person.

I am also but a mere beginner when it comes to this collecting rare stuff business :p.
So far have (don't laugh)
Numbers 35, 40, 74, 89, 91, 93 and 97

As one half of a young married couple in debt, my collection will be complete by the time im 99!

Ever felt had? :horny:

What if we, in a collective effort, tried to update this list? I could host it on my website and it would be great if people could donate photos of this stuff.

I wouldn't need any high resolution image, just pictures so people could see how this stuff looks like?

Beau? Stefan R? Mikael? Grim? more people?

What if we, in a collective effort, tried to update this list? I could host it on my website and it would be great if people could donate photos of this stuff.

I wouldn't need any high resolution image, just pictures so people could see how this stuff looks like?

Beau? Stefan R? Mikael? Grim? more people?

i had already these thoughts, too, but it seems
to be much work. Count me in ! we should reduce this list
to vinyl and cds. no artwork, no acatates ...

Stefan R

Back
Top Bottom