"List of the Lost" cover art, press release, release date (Sep. 24, 2015) - Penguin UK, TTY

UPDATE 11:30 AM PT:

charmer posts:

Official "List of the Lost" press release

to be published by Penguin Books on 24 September 2015 at £7.99

Penguin Books is delighted to announce the forthcoming publication of List of the Lost, Morrissey’s extraordinary novel, on 24 September.

‘Beware of the novelist … intimate and indiscreet … pompous, prophetic airs … here is the fact of the fiction … an American tale where, naturally, evil conquers good, and none live happily ever after, for the complicated pangs of the empty experiences of flesh-and-blood human figures are the reasons why nothing can ever be enough. To read a book is to let a root sink down. List of the lost is the reality of what is true battling against what is permitted to be true’ – Morrissey

Morrissey’s record-breaking bestseller, Autobiography, was published by Penguin Classics in October 2013.

Penguin UK have announced the release date (Sept. 24) and revealed the cover art. Still no page on their website for the book or any further information as far as I can tell.

@PenguinUKBooks / Twitter
We're delighted to announce the forthcoming publication of Morrissey's extraordinary novel LIST OF THE LOST - 24 Sep:

listofthelost.jpg

Morran also sends the link:

List of the Lost - true-to-you.net
26 August 2015

Morrissey's novel, List of the Lost, will be available in the UK, New Zealand and Australia on September 24th.
The book will be softcover/paperback only, as published by Penguin Books.

UPDATE 10:15 AM PT:

Uncleskinny posted:

Cover star is Earl Young, an athlete from Abilene Christian College.

Olympic Diary: Earl Young won gold in Rome - ACU Today

Earl-Young-Penn-Relays.jpg

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: "List of the Lost" cover art, press release, release date (Sep. 24, 2015) - Penguin UK, TTY

Wishing morrissey a slow painful death on a morrissey forum is crossing the line, surely as a moderator you can see that and yet not only was the post allowed to stand but you also defend his right to make such disgraceful posts

Have you not read anything? Of course I defend his right to say what he likes; and you don't like it. We get that. You keep saying it. I also defend YOUR right to post what you want to say, and everyone else's. Sure, you may not like someone wishing death on Morrissey, but do you defend his right to wish death on Johnny Rogan in a crash on the M3? Understand this - if it's not actionable, it's fair to post, whether you like it or not.

Sheesh.

Re: Article: "List of the Lost" cover art, press release, release date (Sep. 24, 2015) - Penguin UK, TTY

Have you not read anything? Of course I defend his right to say what he likes; and you don't like it. We get that. You keep saying it. I also defend YOUR right to post what you want to say, and everyone else's. Sure, you may not like someone wishing death on Morrissey, but do you defend his right to wish death on Johnny Rogan in a crash on the M3? Understand this - if it's not actionable, it's fair to post, whether you like it or not.

Sheesh.

Okay we'll agree to disagree, have to say though it's been good to debate with you without it descending into abusive language, you must be feeling very chilled out today

Okay we'll agree to disagree, have to say though it's been good to debate with you without it descending into abusive language, you must be feeling very chilled out today

:thumb:

Why is it that people like Skinny resort to rhetorics such as "If you want places with nothing but encomium and kind words, there are places you can go. And yet here you are. " whenever someone questions the insane and discomforting hatred coming from Johnny BC and his ilk?

It's a huge f***ing ocean of a distance between sane criticism and the sickening vitriol quoted above. Why is it that certain people have difficulty understanding that?

I feel the same about the book! I only really became a proper fan after Refusal had been released, so you can imagine how exciting the release of World Peace was. Still, to be able to read Morrissey's fictional prose will be amazing! Just think of all the great character sketches and stories that have appeared in his songs over the years, and now we will have the chance to experience a new one that is totally fleshed out! I'm beyond excited.

This is so great to hear. You're spot on. He obviously has a knack for fictional prose and interesting characters, as we've seen through the years (and his use of the language is as we all know stunning). To have him delve deeper into these territories is just mega.

Oh, and a belated welcome to Team Moz!

Could we keep debates about moderators and unwanted comments in another discussion? Perhaps site feedback? I prefer to read about what people have to say about the new book and the cover and so on. Thanks :)

there is a limit to being able to post "whatever you like" people have been arrested and imprisoned for posting online " whatever they like"

Says the bloke who posts that he supports terrorism

Sheesh.

Game ! Set and Match ! Well done Skinny your patience and tolerance there is to be commended, I find he has nothing constructive to bring to the discussions, he much prefers to attack posters personally rather than counter their views with his own. Not only that but he then starts talking bollocks about how the I R A will take us out if we ever venture to his homeland.
The sooner they get back to school the better.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

benny deserves to be knighted for his debunking work. without it the good lord knows what the moz tirades would be like.
moz is against everything.

Oh can you imagine that ! Whoever you are thank you for the nomination it would be an honour that I would NOT turn down I'll tell you that, just imagine the grin on her face as she Knights me and gives me the freedom to herd sheep all over the U K.
For Queen and Country

Says the bloke who posts that he supports terrorism
Oh look, our resident neo-nazi fascist has crawled out from bennys arse, one man's terrorist
is another man's freedom fighter, here's some lines from a song that sum up your British army perfectly, " and you dare to call me a terrorist while you look down your gun, when I think of all the deeds that you have done, you have plundered many nations, divided many lands, you have terrorised their people, you ruled with an iron hand, now you've brought this reign of terror to my land"

Last edited:

Surface and Irish blood Irish heart, please stay on topic.

If you keep mud slinging, your posts will be moved to off-topic fight thread.

What is your opinion on barleycorn calling morrissey a c*** and wishing him a slow painful death? Do you agree with him? If so have the balls to admit it now instead of skirting the issue as usual

you said a lot worse to surface. but with those vicious remarks you seemed ok with.

gee wheez. what a bunch of whiny moz babies.
moz can wish the entire planet and the moz babies would sit there sucking their thumb and nodding their heads.

moz wants to dish he has to take.

Surface and Irish blood Irish heart, please stay on topic.

If you keep mud slinging, your posts will be moved to off-topic fight thread.

While of course bennys anonymous off-topic ramblings will never be moved

He should sell t-shirts of the book cover and make serious bank. Just spend a little time finding the right orange t-shirt first (personally, I would go with TSPTR, but their stuff is pricey). I don't like American Apparel - too thin - but if they could match the orange on a great t-shirt, Stephen would have a merch moneyprinter.

Oh look, our resident neo-nazi fascist has crawled out from bennys arse, one man's terrorist Are you aloud out to play today if you are not going anywhere.

I'll be out today because I'm not going anywhere
is another man's freedom fighter, here's some lines from a song that sum up your British army perfectly, " and you dare to call me a terrorist while you look down your gun, when I think of all the deeds that you have done, you have plundered many nations, divided many lands, you have terrorised their people, you ruled with an iron hand, now you've brought this reign of terror to my land"

1) Read the Geneva Conventions.
2) You're not even f***ing Irish.

1) Read the Geneva Conventions.
2) You're not even f***ing Irish.

1, I'm scottish born of irish parents and I've never said otherwise knobhead. 2, grow a pair of balls and register, wanker

- - - Updated - - -

you said a lot worse to surface. but with those vicious remarks you seemed ok with.

I'm perfectly okay with vicious remarks to neo-nazi fascists like surface

- - - Updated - - -

gee wheez. what a bunch of whiny moz babies.
moz can wish the entire planet and the moz babies would sit there sucking their thumb and nodding their heads.

moz wants to dish he has to take.
Moz can wish the entire planet what? Please try and finish your sentences

Game ! Set and Match ! Well done Skinny your patience and tolerance there is to be commended, I find he has nothing constructive to bring to the discussions, he much prefers to attack posters personally rather than counter their views with his own. Not only that but he then starts talking bollocks about how the I R A will take us out if we ever venture to his homeland.
The sooner they get back to school the better.

Show me the post where I said the IRA will "take you out" I've never said that but why let the truth get in the way of your bullshit, benny the bawbag bullshitter, the next time you post something constructive or interesting or funny on this forum will be the first time you've done so, you're just a sad little troll

The copy from Moz is very good prose but ultimately tells us nowt about the contents. The picture says more. I love to read about the loneliness of a long-distance runner!

1, I'm scottish born of irish parents and I've never said otherwise knobhead. 2, grow a pair of balls and register, wanker

- - - Updated - - -

I'm perfectly okay with vicious remarks to neo-nazi fascists like surface

- - - Updated - - -

Moz can wish the entire planet what? Please try and finish your sentences

moz can wish the entire planet dead and your potato head would be ok with it.
we are perfectly alright with any vicious remarks directed at terrorists like you.

Tags
book morrissey

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom