Like McArthur I have returned

• Thread starter Librarian on Fire
  • Start date
L

Librarian on Fire

I'm back ( not that I was missed) after surviving drinking pints with Ruffian and a visit to the Salford Lads Club with Grim, where we did not get beaten up by local neighourhood gangs. I'm ready for discussions on love, life, loss, loneliness, pop music and household hints. Sadly it looks like the same old clap trap going on around here. Perhaps it's time to raise the level, the mission continues.

So you had a good time then??Salford Lads Club is one of my fav places in the world.

> I'm back ( not that I was missed) after surviving drinking pints
> with Ruffian and a visit to the Salford Lads Club with Grim,
> where we did not get beaten up by local neighourhood gangs. I'm
> ready for discussions on love, life, loss, loneliness, pop music
> and household hints. Sadly it looks like the same old clap trap
> going on around here. Perhaps it's time to raise the level, the
> mission continues.

Are there any other Morrissey message boards around?

welcome back LoF, like you said you've not missed much here, same sad old posts (mainly by me) but nevermind all that, glad you had a good time in Ol' Blighty. Have you got your films developed? Did the pictures turn out ok? On a sour note I see manu are winning 3-0 at the moment against Boavista, d'oh! Hey thanks for tea & the danish pastry at old trafford football stadium, we must do it again.
Good to hear from you.
Grim O'Grady

> I'm back ( not that I was missed) after surviving drinking pints
> with Ruffian and a visit to the Salford Lads Club with Grim,
> where we did not get beaten up by local neighourhood gangs. I'm
> ready for discussions on love, life, loss, loneliness, pop music
> and household hints. Sadly it looks like the same old clap trap
> going on around here. Perhaps it's time to raise the level, the
> mission continues.

Hi Librarian.. Glad you recall the whistlestop tour of South East London pubs, culminating in being left at the desolate North Greenwich Millenium Dome DLR station a good memory! As you tell.. things much the same. Same people to ignore, same people to choose to read every so often. In the world of music Morrissey is still retired.

Was Salfords lads club as good as I'd imagine? Was Grim a decent bloke like I'd imagine?

Glad you're safely home.
Ruffian.

PS, And we never got to take on the All Blacks either to prove that point you dispute!

for Ruffian

Hi Ruffian,
LoF told me of you taking him on a tour of the SE London pubs, hope I get the same invite should I ever venture south of Watford, but the ale down south will NEVER be good enough but I'd like to sample each & every brew.
An example of what a decent bloke I am (although self recommendation is no recommendation) but I'm a Blue yeah & I even took our LoF to Old Trafford & had a cuppa in their merchandise store (I did wear my City shirt though - hee hee, funny thing is I wasn't the only one in there with a city shirt on).
We had a good couple of hours doing the Mozzer rounds of Manchester, it rained (suprise, suprise) at Salford Lads Club but brightened up considerably by the time we'd located Southern cemetry, which seems really so strange thinking about it. Did a drive by of Maine Road to get to Rusholme (twice because I got lost - d'oh). A drive by photo oppportunity of the Holy Name Church.
Well must dash.
Grim O'Grady (tour guide in a City shirt - by appointment only)

Re: for Grim

> Hi Ruffian,
> LoF told me of you taking him on a tour of the SE London pubs, hope I get
> the same invite should I ever venture south of Watford, but the ale down
> south will NEVER be good enough but I'd like to sample each & every
> brew.
> An example of what a decent bloke I am (although self recommendation is no
> recommendation) but I'm a Blue yeah & I even took our LoF to Old
> Trafford & had a cuppa in their merchandise store (I did wear my City
> shirt though - hee hee, funny thing is I wasn't the only one in there with
> a city shirt on).
> We had a good couple of hours doing the Mozzer rounds of Manchester, it
> rained (suprise, suprise) at Salford Lads Club but brightened up
> considerably by the time we'd located Southern cemetry, which seems really
> so strange thinking about it. Did a drive by of Maine Road to get to
> Rusholme (twice because I got lost - d'oh). A drive by photo oppportunity
> of the Holy Name Church.
> Well must dash.
> Grim O'Grady (tour guide in a City shirt - by appointment only)

So Grim.. If I want to experience the industrial North.. you'd be happy to give me the Librarian tour? I'd be intrigued.. maybe the new year.. I'll make an appointment!

R

Re: for Grim

> So Grim.. If I want to experience the industrial North.. you'd be happy to
> give me the Librarian tour? I'd be intrigued.. maybe the new year.. I'll
> make an appointment!

> R

Well recommended. I told Grim he should start up a little side line industry. And the fella has courage, wearing a blue shirt in a red environment. Plucky. Photos have turned out fine Grim. I'll get them in the post after the Christmas rush.

LoF

for Ruffian & LoF

Happily do the tour (don't think you'd expect or want the old trafford bit though, I could do with a West Ham shirt this week *sorry LoF*), I'd suggest February 15th, it's a Friday & it's the Moz night @ the Star & G.
LoF looking forward to seeing the pic, nice one. How did the Salford Lads club pics turn out though, as it was rather rainy?
Grim O'Grady

Re: for Ruffian & LoF

> Happily do the tour (don't think you'd expect or want the old trafford bit
> though, I could do with a West Ham shirt this week *sorry LoF*), I'd
> suggest February 15th, it's a Friday & it's the Moz night @ the Star
> & G.
> LoF looking forward to seeing the pic, nice one. How did the Salford Lads
> club pics turn out though, as it was rather rainy?
> Grim O'Grady

February 15th? Could be tempted there, will get back to you.. Can make a weekend of it maybe! The Smiths night would be a bonus for a laugh as well.. I always get terribly self conscious listening to the Smiths though in places like that.. it's kind of personal and then when it's opened up to the room.. I feel like someone is reading my diary. Ahhh well.. suppose I should just unwind a bit more.

Back
Top Bottom