Leak 'World Peace Is None Of Your Business' here

No. Just no.

Can’t say I agree with this theory either. I don’t have a problem with any of the singles that were released, but I don’t think any of them are album highlights.

edit: to clarify, I’m with Viva in the opinion of “no. Just no"

I'm surprised that people find some immediacy in Morrissey/ The Smiths records. I've always found them more rewarding after repeated listenings.

Also I didn't really listen to the 4 tracks beforehand (apart from Istanbul) so my enjoyment has not been peppered by preliminary listens. (Well apart from now)

It's layered, nuanced and different. What's not to like?

I hate layered, nuanced, different music...

All that said, I'm liking it more and more each time I hear some of it, and it's certainly bold musically. I still think that a few of the lyrics border on cringe-worthy, but honestly that's almost always been the case. Even in the 'glory days' there was the occasional stinker of a line.

You're right. Regardless of this album (that I have yet to hear) Morrissey has sung some stinker lines in the past, especially in some of those recent unreleased tunes now plunged into reissues which are mostly unlistenable and very skippable. Thank god the worst ones on the Bona drag reissue vinyl are on the last disc. Somehow though Morrissey can pull off those stinker lines making them seem not so smelly if you know what I mean...

It seems to be the UK vinyl only that is delayed and the email I got states it will shipped as soon as they take delivery, which they expect to tbe during the week of the 14th.

Hello GlasgowChivas,

I was just wondering, did you order das Uber Deluxe bundle thing or just the vinyl bundle from the 'UK Morrissey store'?

I just now got an e-mail from them saying my boxset (sic) format has been delayed, but it didn't mention the LP specifically as the cause of the delay. I was hoping it might be one of the other items in the box (which I forget right now actually).

I'd just like to steel myself a little before being disappointed if the vinyl isn't in my local's racks come Monday (or sooner...)

Keep Stomping :thumb:
~ joe

You're right. Regardless of this album (that I have yet to hear) Morrissey has sung some stinker lines in the past, especially in some of those recent unreleased tunes now plunged into reissues which are mostly unlistenable and very skippable. Thank god the worst ones on the Bona drag reissue vinyl are on the last disc. Somehow though Morrissey can pull off those stinker lines making them seem not so smelly if you know what I mean...

Well regarding those recently unreleased songs,as a studio person,musician,songwriter I'm willing to bet we see proper studio versions of those songs at some point somewhere. Besides now having proper studio versions of Scandinavia and Art Hounds,I would guess they probably recorded the rest of those recent unreleased songs as well? It would make sense. They know the songs so well after having played them live so many times over the past 2 to 3 years. I'm sure it would have been rather quick and painless to have run through them during the recent World Peace sessions in France?

Something tells me in typical Moz style we may see a Deluxe,Deluxe version of World Peace in the not so distant future,which I'm guessing could have the rest of those recent unreleased songs? I only hope if he does his typical Album plus all the b-ides and outtakes version that its isn't considered a proper release by the label; seeing as he signed a two album contract? There have been instances we're artist will put out for example maybe a live album to fulfill a contract release. So, hopefully we get one more album on Harvest of all new material? And hopefully we won't have to wait another 5 years in-between albums? Let's face it like all of us the man isn't getting any younger. However,one good thing I always thought about when it comes to Morrissey's voice and how long it may hold up as he ages is that; he never was a singer with a harsh abrasive rocker scream type of delivery like a Kurt Cobain type. So,perhaps because he sings in a more soft crooner type style he'll be an artist that may be able to make albums well into his 70's if he so chooses to?

And regarding that batch of recently unreleased songs, I totally think Action is my middle name should have made it onto this album. I was shocked when it wasn't even included as being part of the deluxe version. I had always thought of that song as single material. Its in the same style and vain as an Alma Matters, You have killed me,Throwing my arms around Paris etc... I always thought action had a single like quality to the vocal hook during the chorus like those other songs. Perhaps Morrissey thought possible single as well? Early on among the recent unreleased tracks this song was the first to be not only played live, but I believe it was also featured during at least one maybe even two late night talk show live appearances? Who knows? I was just surprised to not see it make the cut for this album or its deluxe counterpart.

Hello GlasgowChivas,

I was just wondering, did you order das Uber Deluxe bundle thing or just the vinyl bundle from the 'UK Morrissey store'?

I just now got an e-mail from them saying my boxset (sic) format has been delayed, but it didn't mention the LP specifically as the cause of the delay. I was hoping it might be one of the other items in the box (which I forget right now actually).

I'd just like to steel myself a little before being disappointed if the vinyl isn't in my local's racks come Monday (or sooner...)

Keep Stomping :thumb:
~ joe

I ordered the vinyl bundle only; I wasn't interested in the posters or the lyric sheets.

The first song to really grab me was Staircase. I think it is far and away one his classics. How he sings the verse; I mean, crapballs..I get all Crystal Geezery...but his vocal on that song is KILLER. Such a great melody and the lyrics are just...f***. So good. SUCH a good song. And the part at the end where he starts naming all the dwarves from The Hobbit gives me a huge boner.
^^^^
This.
I can't get enough of this song. By far my favorite. His vocal gives me a feeling I haven't felt in a long time...

Anyone else feeling a bit nostalgic about this time last week?

Nuts to think it’s only BEEN a week. I realized today when I was singing almost every word of the album in my head.

I know what you mean. I decided at the beginning if this week that I wasn't going to listen to the album again until Monday when I have a physical copy of the album in my hands. It's proving a lot more difficult than I thought. I keep hearing the melodies and lyrics in my head.

Well regarding those recently unreleased songs,as a studio person,musician,songwriter I'm willing to bet we see proper studio versions of those songs at some point somewhere. Besides now having proper studio versions of Scandinavia and Art Hounds,I would guess they probably recorded the rest of those recent unreleased songs as well? It would make sense. They know the songs so well after having played them live so many times over the past 2 to 3 years. I'm sure it would have been rather quick and painless to have run through them during the recent World Peace sessions in France?

Something tells me in typical Moz style we may see a Deluxe,Deluxe version of World Peace in the not so distant future,which I'm guessing could have the rest of those recent unreleased songs? I only hope if he does his typical Album plus all the b-ides and outtakes version that its isn't considered a proper release by the label; seeing as he signed a two album contract? There have been instances we're artist will put out for example maybe a live album to fulfill a contract release. So, hopefully we get one more album on Harvest of all new material? And hopefully we won't have to wait another 5 years in-between albums? Let's face it like all of us the man isn't getting any younger. However,one good thing I always thought about when it comes to Morrissey's voice and how long it may hold up as he ages is that; he never was a singer with a harsh abrasive rocker scream type of delivery like a Kurt Cobain type. So,perhaps because he sings in a more soft crooner type style he'll be an artist that may be able to make albums well into his 70's if he so chooses to?

And regarding that batch of recently unreleased songs, I totally think Action is my middle name should have made it onto this album. I was shocked when it wasn't even included as being part of the deluxe version. I had always thought of that song as single material. Its in the same style and vain as an Alma Matters, You have killed me,Throwing my arms around Paris etc... I always thought action had a single like quality to the vocal hook during the chorus like those other songs. Perhaps Morrissey thought possible single as well? Early on among the recent unreleased tracks this song was the first to be not only played live, but I believe it was also featured during at least one maybe even two late night talk show live appearances? Who knows? I was just surprised to not see it make the cut for this album or its deluxe counterpart.

jesus. do you really have to keep mentioning how you a studio person, musician, songwriter and use that as a justification as to why your 'opinion' is gospel? what a tedious bore.

I know what you mean. I decided at the beginning if this week that I wasn't going to listen to the album again until Monday when I have a physical copy of the album in my hands. It's proving a lot more difficult than I thought. I keep hearing the melodies and lyrics in my head.

Haven't gone a day yet w/out at least one listen. In fact I just got done listen #2 today. I think I have at least 1 more in me :)

Two more edits, which in my opinion improve the songs.

Staircase At The University (Irregular Edit)

https://www.sendspace.com/file/ec8vrt

Art-hounds (Irregular Edit)

https://www.sendspace.com/file/5kpvqt

And this is how I've been listening to the album for the last few days:

World Peace Is None Of Your Business
I'm Not A Man (Edit)
Istanbul
Staircase At The University (Edit)
The Bullfighter Dies
Kiss Me A Lot
Kick The Bride Down The Aisle
Mountjoy
Oboe Concerto
Scandinavia
One Of Our Own
Drag The River
Forgive Someone
Art Hounds (Edit)

This has significantly improved my listening experience of WPINOYB, I am enjoying the album a lot more since I've made these changes.
I know many will disagree, as this is highly subjective, however some of you might prefer it this way too.

Two more edits, which in my opinion improve the songs.

Staircase At The University (Irregular Edit)
https://www.sendspace.com/file/ec8vrt

Art-hounds (Irregular Edit)

https://www.sendspace.com/file/5kpvqt

And this is how I've been listening to the album for the last few days:

World Peace Is None Of Your Business
I'm Not A Man (Edit)
Istanbul
Staircase At The University (Edit)
The Bullfighter Dies
Kiss Me A Lot
Kick The Bride Down The Aisle
Mountjoy
Oboe Concerto
Scandinavia
One Of Our Own
Drag The River
Forgive Someone
Art Hounds (Edit)

This has significantly improved my listening experience of WPINOYB, I am enjoying the album a lot more since I've made these changes.
I know many will disagree, as this is highly subjective, however some of you might prefer it this way too.

Which bits of "Staircase..." have you excised? I'm not overly fond of the "Cramming, jamming, Pack em’ in, ramming, Chock-a-block, Power study, Polish up" bit, but really like the guitar break at the end.

Last edited:
Which bits of "Staircase..." have you excised? I'm not overly fond of the "Cramming, jamming, Pack em’ in, ramming
Chock-a-block, Power study, Polish up" bit, but really like the guitar break at the end.

Well, I am afraid it is the Spanish guitars at the end of the track which had to go.
The Latin / European sound was over-used in this album in my opinion, this is why Earth had to go too, it was either that one or Bullfighter to remain, and Bullfighter wins hands down. A very catchy pop song.

I would recommend to anyone to listen to the album this way at least once and see how they feel about it. I was rather disappointed last week, I am much happier with it now.

This sounds like a Morrissey album.

Back
Top Bottom