Justin Hawkins analyzes "The Queen Is Dead" - 'I'll Fight You, If You Disagree With Me'

I really enjoyed that. His love for the song is infectious and it's great to hear him recognize Morrissey as a brilliant vocalist as well as lyricist.

This is so much fun to watch, as is his analysis of Morrissey's live version of "How Soon Is Now" in Vegas. Entertaining and insightful in equal measure!

all round good guy,the darkness were almost soft metal and yet here he is a fan of M.

Loved the darkness and where Justin's background in music falls - The likes of the Wildhearts, Terrorvision, etc. He used to frequent gigs by them in the 90s.

I've enjoyed watching a few of his videos (Justin Hawkins I mean) but this might be the best yet.
PS I thought the Darkness were not very funny, seems like the joke may have been on me.

Really getting into Justin's videos. He seems like a decent geezer, and he clearly has good taste in music.

Dear me, what a week. First the Walliams specimen and now Justine Hawkwind.

You do all realise The Darkness were just a sub-Spinal Tap joke don't you? As soon as the joke wore thin (which took about five minutes) it really should have been the last we heard of him.

Still, nice to see he got his teeth fixed. Way to go on the Tom Cruise look fella.

Funny you should post this....I've been overdosing on Justin's channel this week. Who knew he's such a lovely and knowledgeable guy.

Funny you should post this....I've been overdosing on Justin's channel this week. Who knew he's such a lovely and knowledgeable guy.
I've been listening to the Darkness since their early days and I just assumed Justin hated Morrissey. I'm not only stunned that he doesn't but even more stunned how much he loves him. The "I don't agree with his politics" disclaimer is a little disappointing but predictable nonetheless.

If one is going to give the disclaimer then I'd love to hear them owning it and declaring that they believe everyone and anyone who wants to enter the UK must be allowed to, no matter what the consequences. But Hawkins isn't going to do that because that would require having to stand for something and he's probably worried he'd lose subs.

I've been listening to the Darkness since their early days and I just assumed Justin hated Morrissey. I'm not only stunned that he doesn't but even more stunned how much he loves him. The "I don't agree with his politics" disclaimer is a little disappointing but predictable nonetheless.

If one is going to give the disclaimer then I'd love to hear them owning it and declaring that they believe everyone and anyone who wants to enter the UK must be allowed to, no matter what the consequences. But Hawkins isn't going to do that because that would require having to stand for something and he's probably worried he'd lose subs.

Pop music is a frivolous world by and large. It's ok most people don't want to get into discussions about it. God knows, most of us are sick of the stupid bastards.

Pop music is a frivolous world by and large. It's ok most people don't want to get into discussions about it. God knows, most of us are sick of the stupid bastards.
Then why even mention the disclaimer if he doesn't want to get into it?

He says he disagrees with Moz, that IS taking a stand. Let's just agree about the music.

There is no political party (and very few people anywhere) that thinks anyone and everyone must be allowed to enter the UK (or any country for that matter) regardless of the consequences.
The consensus is that there needs to be some control of immigration - even within the EU you're allowed to limit numbers.
Morrissey sharing this opinion is almost nothing to do with the reasons for him becoming massively toxic.

Tags
morrissey the smith

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom