julia is very well, my brief birmingham review

A

anotheranon_

A few points from tonights show;

1 - Same set as in Glasgow. Morrissey was excellent, I was also very impressed by PJ Harvey who is a top spinning rock minx, she reminded me of ian curtis. Only one criticism, I would have liked the headmaster ritual in the set somewhere and maybe everyday is like sunday, i felt the set had too many b-sides.

2 - Julia is very well, she was very well looked after in the front row, morrissey ensured that and checked several times.

3 - Is this his farewell tour? Well i thought tonight the clues were there. He said early on in the set "this is my emotional journey, much to my cost", i wondered, was he talking about hiring massive arenas and not selling them out, all in the name of "farewell my friends"? Also, he ended by saying "farewell is the longest word" and on came the sinartra classic "my final curtain", you know the one. I just got the feeling, this was the last time we would see him in birmingham at least, if not another UK tour.

4 - The arena i would say overall was 3/4 full. However the people around my seat were awful. One complained to a steward because a girl dared to get up and sing. I felt a freak knowing the words and doing my hand movements, it was like a library, why do these people come out to see a show they haven't got the first clue about? The concert would have been awesome in a smaller venue with the diehards, even though i was a morrissey virgin, i still gave as much passion as i could, because i am passionate about his music and lyrics. Others clearly were not. I mean, how can people NOT know the lyrics to "theres a light"?

Overall ratings.

morrissey : 9 maybe 8 because of too many b sides.

PJ harvey : 7-8 really enjoyed her set, she contrasted morrissey so very well.

brum crowd: overall 5, diehards 8 ( good try diehards ).

I enjoyed the night and i'm on a high, thank you morrissey.

Back
Top Bottom