Johnny Marr collects "Best Reissue" NME Award for The Smiths Complete

Amy

from the Ice Age to the dole age
Last edited:
Morrissey at an NME award? I think not.

I thought that it was a good set even though it was expensive. The deluxe set its great for someone like me who had just started collecting vinyl. The cds adjoins great. Although the originals are amazing I like this different mastering.

Morrissey at an NME award? I think not.

Oh, I know he hates the NME - he's turned down that ridiculous "Godlike Genius" award a few times now, hasn't he? It would just be nice to see him and Marr putting the old grudges aside and collecting an award together - it's the closest to any kind of 'reunion' we'll ever get.

I'd settle for a staged chat out the two for photo purposes at this point. A boy can dream can't he?

So Morrissey has had the band wearing t-shirts which say "NME Is Shit". I know we've got a court case coming up, but might it also be a comment about the recent re-issue award? He must find it jarring for them to be handing out Smiths awards while trying to dig the frontman's grave.

I don't quite get the nme. I've never read but it seems that they equally love morrissey and loathe him. Shower him with awards yet seemingly try too destroy him. I understand they have to sell paper but still

Back
Top Bottom