Johnny Marr appearing on Would I Lie To You (February 9, 2024)

Hopefully given the current situation they'll leave off him.

Pretty sure these are done weeks if not months in advance. And you know how comedians are, they can scent some rich comedy gold and will not be leaving off of Moz. I would think it would be irresistible to throw some bad imitations in at least.

I don't understand why some people on Solo hate Johnny Marr so much :unsure:
They think it makes them closer to Morrissey. They think you’re not a real fan of Morrissey unless you show some misguided hatred towards Marr.

On and off Solo, some sort of hatred/jealousy on Morrissey’s behalf because they think it’s what he feels and want to share his views on everything.

When in actual fact I think Morrissey is probably fairly ambivalent towards Marr, they exist in totally different circles, and their careers have no knock-on effect on one another.

It's always the same ones. If Johnny does PR, he's "gladhanding". If other people speak well of him or write about him, that makes him 'a media whore'. If his records sell, he's part of the 'boring mainstream'. See the pattern?

Some fans fetishize Morrissey's dysfunction. His self-destructive traits, feuds, resentments, the whole "tortured outsider" thing - they invest in it all to such an extent that they think his behaviour is normal. The drama-free guy who values his friends, carries his own bags, has no vendetta and doesn't care about the vinyl charts in Poland - yeah, he must be the one with the problem. "Saint Johnny" - for showing a basic level of decency and respect to other people. It's warped.

Last edited:
This should be great! I love that show, particularly Lee Mack, he is so funny. I guess Johnny is on his way to becoming a household name.
Johnny was mentioned in my staff room and two teachers knew who he was....don't know if that's a good indication of the household name thing or not! Some very uncool teachers perhaps

It's always the same ones. If Johnny does PR, he's "gladhanding". If other people speak well of him or write about him, that makes him 'a media whore'. If his records sell, he's part of the 'boring mainstream'. See the pattern?

Some fans fetishize Morrissey's dysfunction. His self-destructive traits, feuds, resentments, the whole "tortured outsider" thing - they invest in it all to such an extent that they think his behaviour is normal. The drama-free guy who values his friends, carries his own bags, has no vendetta and doesn't care about the vinyl charts in Poland - yeah, he must be the one with the problem. "Saint Johnny" - for showing a basic level of decency and respect to other people. It's warped.
I have been to see Johnny in Scotland and, personally, I love what he is doing.........yes, I do love Morrissey and Marr, if such a thing is possible....

I have been to see Johnny in Scotland and, personally, I love what he is doing.........yes, I do love Morrissey and Marr, if such a thing is possible....

It’s alright to love Morrissey here, as long as you don’t empathize with him or accept him as he is.

I’m thinking, Johnny by now must have something in his contract or his PR takes care of it before hand, about him not wanting to be asked questions about Morrissey.

its not hatred,iv just never understood why a story about marr appears on the front page of M solo,we know he was part of the smiths,if there was a marr solo,i can guarantee a story about former smiths singer morrissey would not be anywhere near the main page.

Is Rick Astley on the front page any better?

Tags
johnny marr
Back
Top Bottom