Jockey Club in Lima, Peru (March 14) venue info

Alvaro writes:

Did you know that the company "Tu Entrada" responsible for selling tickets for the Morrissey concert in Lima - Peru sells tickets for bullfighting?

lima.jpg

It's also a racetrack and a riding club.

As you may recall a concert planned for the Cheltenham Racecourse was changed shortly after it was announced in March 2011.

Last edited:
I'm starting to lose sympathy for David T, with such a petty attack on Morrissey's character.
This news item is in no way relevant and clearly point scoring. Try to keep things more proffesional.

Morrissey (misguidedly) thinks a lot of his own opinions. He markets himself as a "man of principle" and tries to be scathing about people whose principles differ from his own. In that context then, for him to then act in a way that isn't in keeping with his professed principles is worthy of comment, at the very least. No?

Moz broke many peoples hearts when he cancelled at cheltenham. It is a fine venue in a town which is deep routed in the history if British music - a place of great importance on the rounds from the early 60's when the stones, beatles, hendrix etc played there.

Surely choosing somewhere simply to decline is the most passive of protests? Surely to play a venue which challenges your morals pits you on scene at the heart of the problem where you can protest, actively, for the maximum effect?

If, as Moz has always been, you are strong willed and determined in your stance you would not shy away from the opportunity to protest on location...

''Cheltenham is deep rooted in the history of British music........ the Stones / Beatles / Hendrix played there''

Sorry to shatter the illusion you have of the town, but those three bands (and many others) toured the UK extensively - they had to in the absence of radio / TV and other sources that we get take for granted today. The Beatles often played two gigs in one evening in different towns! So the term ''deep rooted in British music history'' could apply to many, many towns across the UK.

Two posts in and you still haven't said why you object to this thread. As it stands, you sound as though you just can't bear the fact that there's a website where your favourite pop star can be criticised. Don't you think you're a bit old to feel like that? Anyway, if you feel that he's being criticised unfairly, maybe you should explain why and take part in the discussion, instead of just crying about the fact that the criticisms are being made. Grow up.

Aplogies Anonymous, I thought I'd made it pretty clear why I objected to this thread. I'd assumed that the Main Page of this site was for news stories. This is clearly something that could have comfortably been posted in the General Discussion forum where it could have been...discussed? Any 'insight', which David so keenly hoped for, would also have freely emerged there. I simply query the reasons for its placement on the main page.

I honestly couldn't give a tuppenny f*** why he is playing a racecourse in Lima when he didn't in Cheltenham. Even if I did give such a f*** I don't have enough information about either racecourse and their practices, or Morrissey's exact reasons for the previous cancellation, to whip up an opinion.

As for the rest, and with all respect due ~ póg mo thóin.

Aplogies Anonymous, I thought I'd made it pretty clear why I objected to this thread. I'd assumed that the Main Page of this site was for news stories. This is clearly something that could have comfortably been posted in the General Discussion forum where it could have been...discussed? Any 'insight', which David so keenly hoped for, would also have freely emerged there. I simply query the reasons for its placement on the main page.

I honestly couldn't give a tuppenny f*** why he is playing a racecourse in Lima when he didn't in Cheltenham. Even if I did give such a f*** I don't have enough information about either racecourse and their practices, or Morrissey's exact reasons for the previous cancellation, to whip up an opinion.

As for the rest, and with all respect due ~ póg mo thóin.

The main page is mostly news but I also choose items of interest that wouldn't strictly fall into the 'news' category. At times there may be links or actual news that don't make Morrissey 'look good' but I think are still interesting. Even though you proclaim there has not been any insightful discussion on the main page in years I strongly disagree. I usually read all the comments on the stories and there usually is something posted anonymously or otherwise. The comments I don't find insightful I can easily ignore -- maybe someone else has a differing opinion and finds it interesting.

Before the Morrisseysworld blog responds about their comments being deleted - you are repeating the same things and mention your site in every post and it's considered spam.

Yeah, we know, you are more interested in the pattern of his bag and jacket... and prefer to complain about those in a most pathetic way.

What hysterical simpletons. Morrissey exploits certain opportunities to express his political views. Obvious and admirable. He does not claim to be an angel who has no contact with the imperfect world that he criticizes.

Carry on, of course. This grudge site has drifted into self-parody. There's barely an inch's width between the "news" stories and Theo's threads now.

Also: lots of spelling mistakes in this thread. Uncleskinny, where's your King Tut ("tut tut") routine?

I have no idea, I was hoping someone may add some insight.

You are a perfect innocent, detached and free of bias.

I really hope this post receives moderator approval.

So, your primary concern is about the location of the thread, rather than its substance? Maybe you should ask to be a moderator, then you can indulge your need for order 'til your heart's content. Do you frequently question and disapprove of the more innocuous "non-news stories" on the main page? If so, then maybe you can provide links, because, despite what you've said, you sound like silly little fan-boy getting all upset because his idol's hypocrisy is being highlighted and discussed. Awwww... diddums. Poor you.

If you find it so disagreeable here, then why not restrict yourself to that other site where you and all the boys and girls can play nicely together; they don't "do" criticism there. (Don't enter into any financial dealings with the administrator of that site, though - you're liable to never see your money again. Incidentally, on that subject, did you make any posts on that site criticising its administrator at the time that she was ripping people off? No? Good to see you've got a good set of priorities, there, Joe. Keep it up.)

Apologies accepted, though.

you people are absurd, what the f*** does it matter if that company sells tickets for bullfights or not, it's a ticket-selling company, for God's sake!

you people are absurd, what the f*** does it matter if that company sells tickets for bullfights or not, it's a ticket-selling company, for God's sake!

I haven't seen anybody criticising the company selling tickets.

Let me help: Morrissey says he is all for animal rights. He cancelled a concert at a racecourse, last year, for that reason. He is now scheduled to perform at a racecourse in Peru. That seems, at best, to be a little inconsistent and warrants discussion.

You f***ing idiot. Morrissey could easily have a race of humanoid ticket sellers created from genetic scratch, who could be programmed to hold enlightened opinions about all matters, and to always put those beliefs before commerce. They could form a company called Morrissey's Personal Ticket-selling Agencey Composed of Absolute Motherf***ing Angels.

He could furthermore have vegan concert domes erected in every major city in the world. These would be moulded from tofu and managed by recovering, formerly concussed squirrels.

But noooooo. And why not??? Because Morrissey's a HYPOCRITE!!!

Also: people who start other Morrissey sites are thieves! Ha! Gonna say that in every post!

(Hoping again to receive moderator approval for my comment. Loving the anti-censorship policy here.)

God you bunch of losers would moan about anything and everything you possibly could, filling page about page with shit no-one cares about.

The story was interesting and current and relevant stick to it or why even look through the thread?

Sick of middle-aged tossers who go through their monotonous day with nothing to say saving all for the internet where they can be the big men. You give this site a bad name so go get a life and stop leaching off a muscians.

If you feel you have a valid point then put it, dont just run home from work to fill this site full of utter crap, predictable and constant arguments. Dont you care how you are representing yourself?

What hysterical simpletons. Morrissey exploits certain opportunities to express his political views. Obvious and admirable. He does not claim to be an angel who has no contact with the imperfect world that he criticizes.

Carry on, of course. This grudge site has drifted into self-parody. There's barely an inch's width between the "news" stories and Theo's threads now...

If this post was a neurotransmittor, I'd be closing in like the right receptor -

...Electrical signals carry information within a single neuron. Communication between neurons (with a few exceptions in mammals) is a chemical process. When the neuron is stimulated, the electrical signal (action potential) travels down the axon to the axon terminals. When the electrical signal reaches the end of the axon, it triggers a series of chemical changes in the axon terminal. Calcium ions (Ca++) flow into the axon terminal, which then initiates the release of neurotransmitters.

A neurotransmitter is a molecule that is released from a neuron to relay information to another cell. Neurotransmitter molecules are stored in membranous sacs called vesicles in the axon terminal. Each vesicle contains thousands of molecules of a given neurotransmitter. For neurons to release their neurotransmitter, the vesicles fuse with the neuronal membrane and then release their contents, the neurotransmitter, via exocytosis. The neurotransmitter molecules are released into the synaptic space and diffuse across the synaptic space to the postsynaptic neuron. A neurotransmitter molecule can then bind to a special receptor on the membrane of the postsynaptic neuron. Receptors are membrane proteins that are able to bind a specific chemical substance, such as a neurotransmitter. For example, the dopamine receptor binds the neurotransmitter dopamine but does not bind other neurotransmitters such as serotonin.

The interaction of a receptor and neurotransmitter can be thought of as a lock-and-key for regulating neuronal function. Just as a key fits only a specific lock, a neurotransmitter only binds with high affinity to a specific receptor. The chemical binding of neurotransmitter and receptor initiates changes in the postsynaptic neuron that may facilitate or inhibit an action potential in the postsynaptic neuron. If it does trigger an action potential, the communication process continues...
- http://science.education.nih.gov/supplements/nih2/addiction/guide/lesson2-1.htm

Every day I pray that about some things Morrissey is a hypocrite. :D

Back
Top Bottom