jobriath

I

i want to die

What sort of band was Jobriath? Were they any good? I can't find any info on them.

> What sort of band was Jobriath? Were they any good? I can't find¿ any info on them.
Jobriath was the first openly gay rock star in history. He emerged in the early 70's as a glam rock act. He died alone and forgotten in 1980, I think, of AIDS.

the boxers

> Jobriath was the first openly gay rock star in history. He¿ emerged in the early 70's as a glam rock act. He died alone and¿ forgotten in 1980, I think, of AIDS.

I thought it was 1985. But Morrissey was looking for him in the early 90's to see if he was available as an opening act, so who knows?

Jobriath died on his own in his Chelsea Hotel suite in 1983.

God, I love his music.

Check out the link below. There are articles to download from Attitude & Omega One and some lovely photographs too.

Love & glitter,

Alex

Jobriath
jobriath.gif

Jobriath was a good antidote to Bowie, a sort of Jack Fairy, too genuine to survive; but that is, of course, romantic balderdash! Oh well, sometimes I like romantic balderdash. A friend of mine used to date him in the 70's. He was supposed to be a very nice man.

Tite Street

In my vinyl-hunting travels, I picked up a record from his pre-Jobriath band, Pidgeon. It was from the 60s and was a bit folksy in style (your typical American hippie music that was out, at the time).

klaus

are you confusing him with Klaus Nomi?¿ Jobriath was the first openly gay rock star in history. He¿ emerged in the early 70's as a glam rock act. He died alone and¿ forgotten in 1980, I think, of AIDS.

Back
Top Bottom