Jesse Tobias IG posts from Japan - concert appears to be happening (November 23, 2023)

8stitches9lives-23112023-0001.jpg

Promising...
Jesse IG story enroute.
FWD.

(Moved these out of the Jakarta thread so people can see at least one band member is in Japan).

all those New Romantic monsters that Ferry and Bowie spawned! Can we ever forgive them?
it also included the smiths,echo and the bunnymen,public image limited,depech mode,the cure,heaven 17,bauhaus,grandmaster flash and the furious 5,all the groups that people go on about on here i was listening to over 40 years ago.
it wasnt all spandau and duran,

all those New Romantic monsters that Ferry and Bowie spawned! Can we ever forgive them?
The problem is the term New Romantic, so naff. Some great bands and records came from that late 70s early 80s new wave era. The electronic, Numan, Kraftwerk, OMD, Visage, Ultravox etc and the more exotic Duran, Japan and Associates.
All really the bastard children of Bowie and Bolan tho, for which im very grateful 👍

The problem is the term New Romantic, so naff. Some great bands and records came from that late 70s early 80s new wave era. The electronic, Numan, Kraftwerk, OMD, Visage, Ultravox etc and the more exotic Duran, Japan and Associates.
All really the bastard children of Bowie and Bolan tho, for which im very grateful 👍
Let's not forget Classix Nouveau.

No offence, but the iconic Kraftwerk were recording albums in the early 70's. They are head and shoulders above everyone else you have listed.

It's like comparing the Beatles/Kinks to Britpop bands.

Last edited:
No offence, but the iconic Kraftwerk were recording albums in the early 70's. They are head and shoulders above everyone else you have listed.

Yep. Actually Bowie was influenced by early Kraftwerk and Neu! which influenced him to record albums like Low to Scary Monsters that created all the ‘Gary Numans’ & ‘Boy Georges’ that came soon after.

No offence taken, you are right, i was listing them with other electronic bands i loved at the time, but yes, they were just as influential as Bowie etc

Juan Toro is in Colombia watching Jungle live? Time for Mr Walker’s third (or was it fourth?) comeback?

Whoa? Does M have a perv who secretly films under ladies' skirts in his band? Isn't that Sam's prerogative?
(Perfect timing, I've just finished watching "She said"... :rolleyes:)

edit: let's hope he at least knows the woman and just doesn't post pictures of female strangers on escalators as a hobby.
Crickets
That's his wife and she is half Japanese, half Columbian. His son was probably standing right behind him. They travel together often.

Great band, and one of a handful not influenced by Roxy Music.

Oh, the Handsome Family! They are a great band. God, am I pleased I've seen them MANY times. They should be loved by many more people...and not just because of the True Detective t.v. series.

Back
Top Bottom