"I've been dreaming of a time when....."

T

Tingle

...the English are sick to death of Labour and Tories.....

and now we have elections. Oh! what to do? I think it's important to vote in order to stop the extremists getting any influence, but in London the Mayoral election seems to be between Labour's Livingstone and the Tories' "Shagger" Norris.

If anyone cares, I voted for Ken Livingstone because I don't really think he represents Labour and he's no-one's puppet, and he isn't Tory. My second vote went to the Green.

> ...the English are sick to death of Labour and Tories.....

> and now we have elections. Oh! what to do? I think it's important to vote
> in order to stop the extremists getting any influence, but in London the
> Mayoral election seems to be between Labour's Livingstone and the Tories'
> "Shagger" Norris.

> If anyone cares, I voted for Ken Livingstone because I don't really think
> he represents Labour and he's no-one's puppet, and he isn't Tory. My
> second vote went to the Green.

Green Party got my vote.

> ...the English are sick to death of Labour and Tories.....

> and now we have elections. Oh! what to do? I think it's important to vote
> in order to stop the extremists getting any influence, but in London the
> Mayoral election seems to be between Labour's Livingstone and the Tories'
> "Shagger" Norris.

> If anyone cares, I voted for Ken Livingstone because I don't really think
> he represents Labour and he's no-one's puppet, and he isn't Tory. My
> second vote went to the Green.

I'm a very...ahem....deep thinker Tingle as you know.I can't vote for either the Tories or Labour due to their support of the Iraq war.

I can't vote SNP because well...they're the SNP.

So it was down to the Lib Dems or the Greens or, more probably, Scottish Socialst Party.

The Green candidate called round last Saturday.She was 32 and gorgeous and was trying to get more cycle paths put in place in Edinburgh.She can have my vote

Voting is the important thing.

However your conscience pricks you just remember that it'll be a vote against the BNP or one of those UK Independence charlatans. Assuming everyone here would rather eat broken glass than see such people get a seat on any body anywhere.

my aquantince named the codpiece is voting independent!
do you think this a mistake?

> my aquantince named the codpiece is voting independent!
> do you think this a mistake?

I suspect that if it's not the 'UK Indepence' person it isn't a wasted vote, at least in London because the seats on the GLA are allotted according to the proportion they got of the total vote. The smaller the proportion the BNP & UKIP get the better.

When your acquaintance goes to the Polling Station will the supervisor be asking "Are you Mr Codpiece of 17 Acacia Avenue?". That'd be sommat!

VERY deep Johnny. Gorgeousness wins every time I find. But seriously folks, this isn't a beauty contest. Look who I voted to be my MEP.

> The Green candidate called round last Saturday.She was 32 and gorgeous and
> was trying to get more cycle paths put in place in Edinburgh.She can have
> my vote

JL_outside_portrait.jpg

> Green Party got my vote.

I didn't think you were bothering?

Well, some of us had to post ours and did so last week. After Morrissey declaring on Jools Holland that he wanted to get into Politics, I thought I'd vote for him. They missed his name off the ballot slip so I added it on for them.

Just another one of the problems we've had up here with the postal votes!

Is that Grotbags?

Well, she had to do something now that Rod Hull and Emu are fixing TV aerials for Elvis and Marilyn

UKIP

So what do they stand for then? They were a splinter group of the British Movement at one time, weren't they?

Re: Is that Grotbags?

> Well, she had to do something now that Rod Hull and Emu are fixing TV
> aerials for Elvis and Marilyn

That's McCann's ex bird.His best looking one

the codpiece lives in liverpool so i suppose it could be a wasted vote considering no one bloody votes cause what has anyone done for us but one vote for kilroy is better then none

nowt thats what, just building crap flats and then selling them for a wedge cos where capital of culture. so real liverpudlians end up in slums while poncey people who have more money then sense come down to buy thier "luxery" flats.

think before you buy people THINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Bona politics!

Oh you know, it's the one with Robert Kilroy-Woz'ere in it. They have candidates for the European Parliament but want Britain to leave Europe. *uh?*

They also want to keep the pound note and to be allowed to sell good old British bananas by the lb.

Well done for voting for Morrissey! Who knows, like all those people who stated their religion was Jedi in the last census, if we'd all done the same as you we could have got Morrissey a seat somewhere even though he wasn't on the list. He'd like a seat, I'm sure......now where is my Julian & Sandy sketch about Jule being a 'prospective member'? Bona Politics! Free anti crows-feet cream for all!

> So what do they stand for then? They were a splinter group of the British
> Movement at one time, weren't they?

the codpiece lives in liverpool so i suppose it could be a wasted vote considering no one bloody votes cause what has anyone done for us but one vote for kilroy is better then none

nowt thats what, just building crap flats and then selling them for a wedge cos where capital of culture. so real liverpudlians end up in slums while poncey people who have more money then sense come down to buy thier "luxery" flats.

think before you buy people THINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

> the codpiece lives in liverpool so i suppose it could be a wasted vote
> considering no one bloody votes cause what has anyone done for us but one
> vote for kilroy is better then none

> nowt thats what, just building crap flats and then selling them for a
> wedge cos where capital of culture. so real liverpudlians end up in slums
> while poncey people who have more money then sense come down to buy thier
> "luxery" flats.

It's not just Liverpoool where this is happening, but every major city in the country. The building of more houses/flats was considered a solution, but as you say, its affordable housing that is needed. Not some redesigned factory that has a minimum asking price of £200,000.

> I didn't think you were bothering?

> Well, some of us had to post ours and did so last week. After
> Morrissey declaring on Jools Holland that he wanted to get into Politics,
> I thought I'd vote for him. They missed his name off the ballot slip so I
> added it on for them.

> Just another one of the problems we've had up here with the postal votes!

I only vote if the Greens are standing, occasionally give the Lib Dems a sympathy vote, when it's the best of a bad bunch. Anyway we have got that tosser Robert Kilroy standing in the East Midlands region for the UK Independence party, he's from your neck of the woods, can't you keep him under control - we don't want him.

Red Ken may not be Labour but he is a right f***ing knob end all the same.

> It's not just Liverpoool where this is happening, but every major city in
> the country. The building of more houses/flats was considered a solution,
> but as you say, its affordable housing that is needed. Not some redesigned
> factory that has a minimum asking price of £200,000.

affordable housing? I don't want those poverty-stricken, drug-taking, Carling-drinking, fag-smoking,bingo-going, smelly bastards living next door to me!!