It's finally over for me

No. If he was doing it for a laugh surely its a bit overdone at this stage.I think it is his genuinely his throat sometimes but not all the time.At this stage of his career he would know all the dos and donts to avoid throat problems and the capabilities of his own vocal chords.

Last edited:
So what are you saying? That you think he's making it up and cancelling for a laugh?

This thread is the equivalent to those teenagers that have a spat with someone on a message board and then make a big announcement that they are leaving. Only to return two days later as if nothing had happened.

Attention seeking.

Spot on.

In fairness whatshesaid has only made 25 posts in 3 years.I dont she qualifies for attention seeking unlike some others I could mention.I think that whilst I do find the big 'I'm leaving now' announcements on boards tiresome I think that given the context regarding cancellations I dont find it so annoying.She is just saying what many others who dont use this site are thinking now and maybe making Morrissey aware of it.

Last edited:
For the love of cats, it's vocal CORDS, not vocal CHORDS.

I'm sorry Tibbles but so many people spell it with an 'h' it has now been given the status of a bona fide spelling.:p

Last edited:
Well I have been a fan for 25 years but suddenly realised it's over.

The words to Paint a Vulgar Picture are very apt now, Morrissey had become everything he claimed to despise.

The worst thing is I am not even that bothered, spent the money I had for tickets for Leeds on tickets for my daughters to see the Jonas Brothers.:lbf:

It's been fun.:)

My life will be empty now. The words you wrote meant the world to me.
Thanks for the 25 posts. I'll treasure them forever. :tears: :D

Well I have been a fan for 25 years but suddenly realised it's over.

The words to Paint a Vulgar Picture are very apt now, Morrissey had become everything he claimed to despise.

The worst thing is I am not even that bothered, spent the money I had for tickets for Leeds on tickets for my daughters to see the Jonas Brothers.:lbf:

It's been fun.:)

Get off the forum.

morrissey is still by far the best artist on the planet but i can understand "what she said" i think what the poster is getting at is they liked the old morrissey a lot more- the one who didnt hug russell brand or release 3 copies of the same song on 5 formats , the one who was an outsider and not public property ( i think the net has a lot to blame for this) the one who just didnt turn up to publicise himself is now the one who tramples on the rest to get to the mic, but we have to accept morrissey is old now and could never stay young forever , the whole of the music scene has changed , we have changed ad so has morrissey thats life you see.

Sadly I think you are totally right.Like needy girlfriends that are treated like dirt though, many people cant admit this.

The fans aren't obliged to be at Morrissey's beck and call, Morrissey can't control anyone. If Moz fans didn't like the situation they know what they can do. They do what they want off their own accord.

He doesn't tread anyone like dirt as well.

The fans aren't obliged to be at Morrissey's beck and call, Morrissey can't control anyone. If Moz fans didn't like the situation they know what they can do. They do what they want off their own accord.

He doesn't tread anyone like dirt as well.

A bit like smoking though, an obsession is hard to kick. If Morrissey thought he would lose legions of fans then I think he WOULD apologise, but he knows that most people are hooked ( I for one will always be a fan). No one should be beyond criticism from time to time though.Its healthy.

morrissey is still by far the best artist on the planet but i can understand "what she said" i think what the poster is getting at is they liked the old morrissey a lot more- the one who didnt hug russell brand or release 3 copies of the same song on 5 formats , the one who was an outsider and not public property ( i think the net has a lot to blame for this) the one who just didnt turn up to publicise himself is now the one who tramples on the rest to get to the mic, but we have to accept morrissey is old now and could never stay young forever , the whole of the music scene has changed , we have changed ad so has morrissey thats life you see.

This is exactly what I meant, thanks.

I haven't posted much but that doesn't mean I haven't been here.
Don't worry I will 'get off the forum'.

I was talking to someone else about this and they put it better than I could.
I liked him when he was against the establishment not part of it.

I doubt he ever will be part of the establishment. Where did you get the idea from that he already is?

Oh, I understand. When he released "Never Mind the Bollocks Here's Morrissey" :rock: :guitar:

Tags
sycophants
Back
Top Bottom