is there anything fans can do to help promote the MSG show?

WinkWink

Banned
i'm really concerned the show isn't selling well. I know they are going out full out promoting the show...well close to it. But maybe there are websites people can post the info. i remember thinking the radio city shows weren't selling well and i was right since there were way too many empty seats. At the time i went to NYC craigslist and posted in the forum entertainment section mentioning the morrissey show (made it appear like i wasn't trying to promote the show), and someone posted back thanking me for letting them know of the show.

But then again fans doing anything over the top would be embarrassing and annoying to morrissey.

Of course with two week break coming up, Morrissey could appear on David Letterman and have him mention the show

edit: it looks like morrissey is indeed appearing on letterman June 25th.

Last edited:
i'm really concerned the show isn't selling well. I know they are going out full out promoting the show...well close to it. But maybe there are websites people can post the info. i remember thinking the radio city shows weren't selling well and i was right since there were way too many empty seats. At the time i went to NYC craigslist and posted in the forum entertainment section mentioning the morrissey show (made it appear like i wasn't trying to promote the show), and someone posted back thanking me for letting them know of the show.

But then again fans doing anything over the top would be embarrassing and annoying to morrissey.

Of course with two week break coming up, Morrissey could appear on David Letterman and have him mention the show

Screw Letterman, he should have a passionate debate on cable news with a crazy right-wing wacko like Michelle Malkin or my girl underneath or go on Jon Stewart or Colbert Report.

Last edited:
I don't think Morrissey's the sort of artist you can persuade people to go and see. Most people know whether they like him or not.

You've just got to trust to the fact that the promoters wouldn't have booked him into that venue if they didn't think they could sell at least a decent amount of tickets.

Hopefully Hollywood Bowl's buzz will persuade some more people to go to see Morrissey at MSG.

It's always good to have some TV appearances. :)

I'm sure it'll do fine. People didn't thnk that the Bowl would be packed....but trust me....it was packed! I don't think there's anything to worry about. Whatever is going to happen is going to happen. Maybe and hopefully, like Kewpie said, the buzz from the Bowl will prompt people to buy tickets at the last minute and get thier butts over there.

Wink, have you heard that the show is not selling well?

Whether it is or isn't, I think that task is for the promoter to worry about; and the only thing Morrissey needs to worry about is staying healthy and beautiful. A job in itself. :p

Perhaps the only thing concerned fans can do to help is to a) get their tickets to see the show and b) encourage their friends to come along.

Screw Letterman, he should have a passionate debate on cable news with a crazy right-wing wacko like Michelle Malkin or my girl underneath or go on Jon Stewart or Colbert Report.

i would love to see Morrissey on Colbert or Stewart. better yet, Id like him to go on The O'Reilly factor and make Bill look like a moron (not that thats too hard to begin with...)

Ok, that's it!

I'm calling every wishy-washy friend who is "thinking about it" and telling them to just commit already!

I'm gonna witness for Morrissey, like a proper fanatic.

Wink, have you heard that the show is not selling well?

Whether it is or isn't, I think that task is for the promoter to worry about; and the only thing Morrissey needs to worry about is staying healthy and beautiful. A job in itself. :p

Perhaps the only thing concerned fans can do to help is to a) get their tickets to see the show and b) encourage their friends to come along.

i've been checking ticket availability on TM almost daily or every other day, and from what I can tell, I think they are going very slow.

edit: it looks like morrissey is indeed appearing on letterman June 25th.
i think that's the whole reason why he's doing the letterman show. i still don't think morrissey will come close to selling out MSG though, he's not that big of an icon in the industry.

i think that's the whole reason why he's doing the letterman show. i still don't think morrissey will come close to selling out MSG though, he's not that big of an icon in the industry.

I also have a theory (I call it My Theory) that part of his once-mighty New York fanbase from years ago may have migrated further southeast and west in recent years, due to the high real estate market in the North.

The Letterman show might help by attracting some of his older audience members still in the Northeast who were once followers but have strayed from the fold i.e. the folks with jobs and families and morgages who could do with a little musical diversion in the form of a delightful English chanteur with a touch of grey, but we shall see.

Back
Top Bottom