Is there a convention on the west coast this year?

I saw that there was a baltimore one in may, what about California?

the man behind the convention (ray) said that plans are for a full weekend convention (like the old days) in november.

I've never been to any of them, BUT I did talk to a few people who had gone to quite a few (according to them) at a couple of shows and they said that they've really gone downhill and are overrun with teeny scenesters? To go or not to go....

I've always been affraid of conventions. Something about a wole bunch of people equally fanatic about one thing...coming together under one roof.....

I've never been to any of them, BUT I did talk to a few people who had gone to quite a few (according to them) at a couple of shows and they said that they've really gone downhill and are overrun with teeny scenesters? To go or not to go....

I've been to a few. I NEVER go to the conventions to socialize. Very awkward. I'm there for the rare records, memorabilia and such. Last year I snatched Rank on vinyl, an "Alma Matters" single, and Morrissey live at the Summer Sonic Festival 2002 dvd bootleg. The contests are a bit cheesy and I'm not one for cover bands although Alain Whyte's band Red Lightning was there last year which I enjoyed. The overall atmosphere is slightly intimidating.
You'll find your place regardless though. Just do what I do - save up a few hundred dollars, be first in line, snatch the good stuff, mumble the contest answers under your breath then leave when you've had enough. It really is worth it.

I've been to a few. I NEVER go to the conventions to socialize. Very awkward. I'm there for the rare records, memorabilia and such. Last year I snatched Rank on vinyl, an "Alma Matters" single, and Morrissey live at the Summer Sonic Festival 2002 dvd bootleg. The contests are a bit cheesy and I'm not one for cover bands although Alain Whyte's band Red Lightning was there last year which I enjoyed. The overall atmosphere is slightly intimidating.
You'll find your place regardless though. Just do what I do - save up a few hundred dollars, be first in line, snatch the good stuff, mumble the contest answers under your breath then leave when you've had enough. It really is worth it.

hahaha, asshole, youre too right. yeah, Ive gone to a few convs but, the last 2 that I went to there was a ton of greasers/teenyboppers. By the time I waltz in, all the good stuff had been bought out. Still good to go. I might actually go this year, Ive missed the past 3 LA conventions. I know some guy, Elliot Marks (the guy from the Hulmerist video who is interview cos him and his mates were the first ones there, "we arrived Moondee night") used to be in on all the LA convention things. I think hes the dude, that runs that whole "London Calling" bit you see at all the LA conventions.

Back
Top Bottom