"Into this world, and out of it" - TTY

Death has a feast on the great and the good every day. It's just that some are less famous than others. The family of Mrs Scroggins at number 24 will be just as distraught as the family of Efren Zimbalist Jr.

P.

I see poor Lou never got a mention !

Benny-the-British-Butcher

"Stephen! Are you in?"

"Yes, Mum. I'm upstairs."

"Someone else has died."

"Great! Did I like them?"

"I think so."

"I'm going to pen a tribute."

"Another one? That's nice, dear. What are you going to write?"

"I thought 'Let it give us pause' would sound quite momentous, but wouldn't take long."

"Paws?"

"No, Mum. Pause."

"Very nice, dear."

"I've finished, Mum."

"That was quick. You are a clever boy."

"Yes, I am. Mum?"

"Yes, dear."

"Who died?"

"Johnny! Are you in?"

"Morrissey just posted something innocuous on TTY."

"Great! Was it completely innocuous?"

"I think so."

"I'm going to pen an amusing forum post."

"I thought an insipid dialogue between Morrissey and his mum would display my wry wit, and it wouldn't take long."

"Rye?"

"No, Mum. Wry."

"Very nice, dear."

"I've finished, Mum."

"Yes, I am. Mum?"

"Yes, dear."

"Has he written anything else, yet?"

"No, cheeky-chops, not yet."

"You'll be sure to let me know if he does, won't you?"

"Of course, my little cherub."

Jesus, he was born in 1918, it's not like waking up and reading the news going "oh man I didn't expect that! They always take them so young!"

"Stephen! Are you in?"

"Someone else has died."

"I think so."

"I thought 'Let it give us pause' would sound quite momentous, but wouldn't take long."

"Paws?"

"No, Mum. Pause."

"Very nice, dear."

"I've finished, Mum."

"Yes, I am. Mum?"

"Yes, dear."

"Who died?"

Hahaha; nice to see someone else is growing increasingly exasperated at Mogsy's increased pompousness and self-regard. Is it living in Los Angeles which has resulted in the growth of the self-determined 'authority' to pontificate on all manner of things? Why should his words matter any more than, for example, a dentist? Write songs, record records and perform concerts, by all means; but the ability (and means) to do so doesn't make him 'qualified' to issue the increasing numbers of edicts. If he feels strongly about a subject, put it into a song; that's his role.

Hahaha; nice to see someone else is growing increasingly exasperated at Mogsy's increased pompousness and self-regard. Is it living in Los Angeles which has resulted in the growth of the self-determined 'authority' to pontificate on all manner of things? Why should his words matter any more than, for example, a dentist? Write songs, record records and perform concerts, by all means; but the ability (and means) to do so doesn't make him 'qualified' to issue the increasing numbers of edicts. If he feels strongly about a subject, put it into a song; that's his role.

So, he is not qualified to write about his feelings on someone passing on his blog, but *you are of course qualified to criticize it.
Everyone has a blog these days, but you don't have to read them. TTY is Morrissey's blog- you don't like it, don't read it.

Then, some artists have so called "fan pages" dedicated to them. These pages usually are not run by the artist and tend to report all kinds of news, rumors and... Once again, you don't have to read them.

If you are interested in his music alone, then buy his records. Why the hell are you here if you are not interested in the artist or the kind of posts this site chooses to publish? Stick to the records!

Everybody has a date with an undertaker !

So, he is not qualified to write about his feelings on someone passing on his blog, but *you are of course qualified to criticize it.
Everyone has a blog these days, but you don't have to read them. TTY is Morrissey's blog- you don't like it, don't read it.

Then, some artists have so called "fan pages" dedicated to them. These pages usually are not run by the artist and tend to report all kinds of news, rumors and... Once again, you don't have to read them.

If you are interested in his music alone, then buy his records. Why the hell are you here if you are not interested in the artist or the kind of posts this site chooses to publish? Stick to the records!

Why are you here? Why do you have to respond to the kind of posts this site chooses to publish? You don't have to read them. Stick to the records, maybe?

Keep 'em coming Moz, you're really grinding these guys' balls. Not that I ever read any of these press releases but I hope he gets more prolific. About ten a day would do.

Philip Seymour Hoffman too, who passed away on February. Morrissey had mentioned him in the past :" In Iceland I saw the film "Capote" and, like everybody else, my jaw dropped at the performance of Philip Seymour Hoffman."

Philip Seymour Hoffman too, who passed away on February. Morrissey had mentioned him in the past :" In Iceland I saw the film "Capote" and, like everybody else, my jaw dropped at the performance of Philip Seymour Hoffman."

"Life is nothing much to lose"

Morrissey is a public figure. He sought fame and continually seeks to keep a high profile, and thinks nothing of utilising the private grief and tragedy of others to do so. He uses that fame to comment, often and increasingly, with breathtaking ignorance, on a range of topics, and when challenged informs us that "I don't need to defend my own point of view."

While that might be the case within his entourage of eggshell treading lackeys and even in swathes of a cowed and compliant media, that is not the case here. Why do you think he hates this site so much? It challenges him and calls him to account and he cannot control it. It is as simple as that.

Earlier in this thread CG lamented the boring nature of the regulars. That is her right, and I would not be as ungallant as to mention her "Symbolic Stuff No-One Gives A Shit About" thread in response to her criticism, but what hasn't been mentioned is just how few regulars there are these days, on this, the foremost Morrissey site on the net. That isn't a reflection on the site, it's a reflection on the public relations disaster that Morrissey has become. He has alienated legions of fans and millions of what might once have been his passing trade with views that are as best true but poorly expressed, and at worst wrong and utterly vile.

Morrissey has always been a rich source of parody, but these days he is little else. He cuts a ridiculous figure, and at this point only a classic pair of albums can put him back on top, where he once belonged.

With both Chin Ho and Hoss Cartwright both long dead we can only speculate which 60s or 70s semi-icon will be next for the three line Morrissey obituary treatment. My money is on James (Bum-) Garner. Let's hope that one sounds a little more authentic.

Morrissey is a public figure. He sought fame and continually seeks to keep a high profile, and thinks nothing of utilising the private grief and tragedy of others to do so. He uses that fame to comment, often and increasingly, with breathtaking ignorance, on a range of topics, and when challenged informs us that "I don't need to defend my own point of view."

While that might be the case within his entourage of eggshell treading lackeys and even in swathes of a cowed and compliant media, that is not the case here. Why do you think he hates this site so much? It challenges him and calls him to account and he cannot control it. It is as simple as that.

Earlier in this thread CG lamented the boring nature of the regulars. That is her right, and I would not be as ungallant as to mention her "Symbolic Stuff No-One Gives A Shit About" thread in response to her criticism, but what hasn't been mentioned is just how few regulars there are these days, on this, the foremost Morrissey site on the net. 1. That isn't a reflection on the site, it's a reflection on the public relations disaster that Morrissey has become. 2. He has alienated legions of fans and millions of what might once have been his passing trade with views that are as best true but poorly expressed, and at worst wrong and utterly vile.

Morrissey has always been a rich source of parody, but these days he is little else. He cuts a ridiculous figure, and at this point only a classic pair of albums can put him back on top, where he once belonged.

With both Chin Ho and Hoss Cartwright both long dead we can only speculate which 60s or 70s semi-icon will be next for the three line Morrissey obituary treatment. My money is on James (Bum-) Garner. Let's hope that one sounds a little more authentic.

1. I think it might be.

2. The success of 'Autobiography' would suggest otherwise.

"Stephen! Are you in?"

"Someone else has died."

"I think so."

"Paws?"

"No, Mum. Pause."

"Very nice, dear."

"I've finished, Mum."

"Yes, I am. Mum?"

"Yes, dear."

"Who died?"

This is good! Just brilliant

Long drive today got me thinking !
"Breaking news, we are getting reports that the comedian Ken Dodd has been found dead in the treacle mines of Knotty Ash, police are not treating the death as suspicious and we will bring you more details as we receive them".
Now I have never heard our Tosser bang on about Ken at any length but the way things are going these days I can hear things like !
STATEMENT The passing of Ken Dodd H M R C tax dodger and Northern working class comic has left me feeling so dis-com-knocker-ated and Knotty Ash will never be the same without him, together with his big drum, tickling stick and the diddy-men he gave hope to the black and grey skyline of the North West of England.
Tatty bye for now your biggest fan (I've followed you all my life, honest).
Steven M

The Tosser would then cover 'absent friends and happiness' and appear on stage in front of Dodd imagery backdrops waving a tickling stick.

Now then people over the pond and beyond will not have a clue what I've just explained so best ya'll just "butt out" on this one or your gonna make yourself look a bigger tit than you already are (so best not comment if you don't understand)

He's thick skinned enough, it's not beyond him.

P S, J B C that last post of yours I really liked that and the "Steven are you in ?" That was very clever give yourself a pat on the back.

"You'll always be there in our hearts, our special absent friends " Ken Dodd (Absent friends)
He's still touring and worth every penny, catch him while you can .

I'm sure people are just grateful that Morrissey will now finally stop going on and on and on about Efrem Zimbalist Junior, Bob 'Oskins and some gay bloke. His constant lauding of their work down the years had grown, frankly, tiresome.

...whereas JB's constant sneering at every thought, word and deed remains both fresh and significant.

Earlier in this thread CG lamented the boring nature of the regulars. That is her right, and I would not be as ungallant as to mention her "Symbolic Stuff No-One Gives A Shit About" thread in response to her criticism, but what hasn't been mentioned is just how few regulars there are these days, on this, the foremost Morrissey site on the net. That isn't a reflection on the site, it's a reflection on the public relations disaster that Morrissey has become. He has alienated legions of fans and millions of what might once have been his passing trade with views that are as best true but poorly expressed, and at worst wrong and utterly vile.

Agrees with you .He has alienated fans. His posts seem to have a lot more desperation for attention these days than anything else. Did he ever explain that day for no reason he alluded to a possible car accident? I mean it just does not seem like he cares anymore.His posts are getting more and more ridiculous.Like a plea from an attention starved child. I mean he claimed so many times to be a private person but then occasionally makes these comments that are so woe is me like he is looking for sympathy from his fans. When does he really pay attention to what his fans think?He pretty much led people on with his lies about his image all this time and in retrospect it seems more like a gimmick than anything else.The whole " Nobody loves Morrissey " game. Right.Yet while making these pleas for attention is there really any way for fans to contact him and let him show support or care for his issues? No. Then why must he inform people of this?Is it possible he has someone in his life and people he is close to who give him support? I mean he even lied about his relationships. He was not honest. So why does he mention these things if he claims to be so "Private" it makes no sense.I truly wonder if he really even knows how this comes off to other people? I knew autobiography was going to sell well he manipulated the public enough over the years to make then curious. Nice marketing scheme. It's just hard to believe or have faith in anything he says or does anymore. It might be nice if he actually took the time to do a decent interview for a change to bring some clarity but it seems he won't because then he might actually be challenged or caught having to explain himself.He seems so disconnected from fans now.It is nuts.

Morrissey is a public figure. He sought fame and continually seeks to keep a high profile, and thinks nothing of utilising the private grief and tragedy of others to do so. He uses that fame to comment, often and increasingly, with breathtaking ignorance, on a range of topics, and when challenged informs us that "I don't need to defend my own point of view.".

I'm a sure that doffing his cap to some ancient fella that most people have never heard of is absolutely aimed at exploitation and getting more fame and fans. I'm absolutely certain you're right.

Agrees with you .He has alienated fans. His posts seem to have a lot more desperation for attention these days than anything else. Did he ever explain that day for no reason he alluded to a possible car accident? I mean it just does not seem like he cares anymore.His posts are getting more and more ridiculous.Like a plea from an attention starved child. I mean he claimed so many times to be a private person but then occasionally makes these comments that are so woe is me like he is looking for sympathy from his fans. When does he really pay attention to what his fans think?He pretty much led people on with his lies about his image all this time and in retrospect it seems more like a gimmick than anything else.The whole " Nobody loves Morrissey " game. Right.Yet while making these pleas for attention is there really any way for fans to contact him and let him show support or care for his issues? No. Then why must he inform people of this?Is it possible he has someone in his life and people he is close to who give him support? I mean he even lied about his relationships. He was not honest. So why does he mention these things if he claims to be so "Private" it makes no sense.I truly wonder if he really even knows how this comes off to other people? I knew autobiography was going to sell well he manipulated the public enough over the years to make then curious. Nice marketing scheme. It's just hard to believe or have faith in anything he says or does anymore. It might be nice if he actually took the time to do a decent interview for a change to bring some clarity but it seems he won't because then he might actually be challenged or caught having to explain himself.He seems so disconnected from fans now.It is nuts.

Good post, get a name and stick around the more people we can get who can think for themselves the better this place will be.
I can't remember a decent interview, he's been invited onto the panel of the BBC 'Question time' many times but for some reason all though he has a lot to get off his chest he still refuses the offer. I think he likes to see the questions in advance these days sent by fax so he can think up some clever waspish reply.

Back
Top Bottom