I love Morrissey, but he irritates the sh*t out of me.

Unwitting Observer

i buried paul
Anyone else feel this way? I have been reading over everything here and notice you guys fall into two camps: worshipful and hateful. Hm.

Anyone like me who loves Morrissey but is irritated and agitated by his BS? This whole kicking-out deal is ridiculous, as is his cancellation. I would go see a show that was within 30 mins, possibly, but I'd no longer go to any trouble. I still love the guy but he annoys me to no end - but I don't fall into either... extreme.
Anyone else like this, feel this way?

You probably love his music, not him as a person. Which is quite normal.

You probably love his music, not him as a person. Which is quite normal.

Interesting thought! How novel. ;) However, I do feel I still love him "as a person". Just less inclined to excuse his BS. I do still have such a soft spot for him, in any case. Hmm. Maybe you're right?

Can you love or hate a person "as a person" unless you know them personally? You can find their actions right or wrong, though.

Anyways, I love his music. No, I'm not irritated by him. In fact I think he seems to be a person who does things as they come, I mean not calculating. Not trying to be nice. And I find that kind of honest.

None of this matters. He's going to keep doing what he does, and we will keep doing what we do. This is just killing time.

None of this matters. He's going to keep doing what he does, and we will keep doing what we do. This is just killing time.

But, isn't everything? (Yes, slightly lazy, but you get my point.)

"I love Morrissey, but he irritates the sh*t out of me"

I'm sure he feels the same way about you UnwittingObserver.:)

Hm. Something tells me you're right. I saw the way he glanced in my general direction a couple years ago! Even though I was, technically, nowhere near the stage, I could see definitely he was quite annoyed. (Dammit! You've found me out! This was supposed to be my pre-emptive strike before ole M could give me the overlooks.) :D

I wouldn't worry UO he looks at me the same way. I remember when he played Alley Palley a couple of years back and came out singing "This Charming Man". He looked straight at me as if to say "You're no charmer you fat f*ck"........He's right though, I have put on a few pounds.

Anyone else feel this way? I have been reading over everything here and notice you guys fall into two camps: worshipful and hateful. Hm.

Anyone like me who loves Morrissey but is irritated and agitated by his BS? This whole kicking-out deal is ridiculous, as is his cancellation. I would go see a show that was within 30 mins, possibly, but I'd no longer go to any trouble. I still love the guy but he annoys me to no end - but I don't fall into either... extreme.

its time the reality was accepted, hes not and never was the guy people thought he was. He's a f***ing phoney, and now an embarrassing old twat. he was magical for a time, for his music, and interesting for being unique and individual but now he's just like a deluded fool surrounded by idiots with bad advice, he's totally irrelevant these days, and he should just accept it.

He's an amazing talent [and when paired with Johnny Marr an unstoppable creative force] but I understand exactly what you mean.

Talent isn't an excuse to treat people badly.. The thing I find disheartening has been his problem with others speaking their minds when he's always been very outspoken about his. These are the fans who probably loved that about him back in the '80s!
It's nice not to read the same interview with smarmy musicians who lie and pretend they have perfect lives.
I think fans have appreciated his candidness. We don't see that with many other bands. Now actor Tom Hardy on the other hand is very honest and open.

We all knew he was unforgiving to extremes [faxing excommunication notes] and some of his antics over the past such as boycotting Canada were a bit much. Blame individual citizens for how corporations and farms treat animals and he isn't likely to be able to tour anywhere.
Does he tour France seeing how they treat their ducks or New Zealand nearly wiping out kea parrots?

I think part of why this is so unsettling is back in the '80s he told it like it was the [Bob Geldof path] and now it appears he'd like to be the only one who tells it like it is. It's only okay for him to insult an artists music, country policies, etc.
He is upset by the freedom of speech pitfalls on this website and fans are upset by Mozzers freedom of speech pitfalls [the Chinese comments for example].

I guess it depends on how much you need to agree with your artists personal lives.

I think as long as he's not put on a pedestal it will be alright.

Maybe in 25 years time when his music is the only thing left to speak for him people won't take it to heart when they find out he's not singing to them in the dark. He doesn't care nor understand how they feel.
He couldn't really be expected to I suppose.

I'll be a die in the wool Moz fan 'till I die but I wasn't going to see him tour again. I can't afford to be ripped off by ticketmaster fees for cancelled shows again.

Last edited:
peptastic you managed to express yourself far more eloquently than I could be bothered to, and kudos to you for that, I totally agree with you.

He's an amazing talent [and when paired with Johnny Marr an unstoppable creative force] but I understand exactly what you mean.

Talent isn't an excuse to treat people badly.. The thing I find disheartening has been his problem with others speaking their minds when he's always been very outspoken about his. These are the fans who probably loved that about him back in the '80s!
It's nice not to read the same interview with smarmy musicians who lie and pretend they have perfect lives.
I think fans have appreciated his candidness. We don't see that with many other bands. Now actor Tom Hardy on the other hand is very honest and open.

We all knew he was unforgiving to extremes [faxing excommunication notes] and some of his antics over the past such as boycotting Canada were a bit much. Blame individual citizens for how corporations and farms treat animals and he isn't likely to be able to tour anywhere.
Does he tour France seeing how they treat their ducks or New Zealand nearly wiping out kea parrots?

I think part of why this is so unsettling is back in the '80s he told it like it was the [Bob Geldof path] and now it appears he'd like to be the only one who tells it like it is. It's only okay for him to insult an artists music, country policies, etc.
He is upset by the freedom of speech pitfalls on this website and fans are upset by Mozzers freedom of speech pitfalls [the Chinese comments for example].

I guess it depends on how much you need to agree with your artists personal lives.

I think as long as he's not put on a pedestal it will be alright.

Maybe in 25 years time when his music is the only thing left to speak for him people won't take it to heart when they find out he's not singing to them in the dark. He doesn't care nor understand how they feel.
He couldn't really be expected to I suppose.

I'll be a die in the wool Moz fan 'till I die but I wasn't going to see him tour again. I can't afford to be ripped off by ticketmaster fees for cancelled shows again.

tumblr_lh84dr6vkt1qcnhhzo1_500.gif

I don't think we've learnt anything new during recent events. Moz get's v.pissed off with people and doesn't forgive or forget. All I've ever cared about is the music anyway.

I don't think we've learnt anything new during recent events. Moz get's v.pissed off with people and doesn't forgive or forget. All I've ever cared about is the music anyway.

Exactly I fail to see how this latest behaviour is such a shock to everyone...
I'm more surprised by the fans surprise at this incident, than the incident itself

I put it down to him being a Gemini and he can't help the way his personality is. I don't agree with a lot of the decisions he makes, but I don't agree with a lot of the decisions I've made in my life in retrospect, so I don't judge him. We're all human.

I put it down to him being a Gemini and he can't help the way his personality is. I don't agree with a lot of the decisions he makes, but I don't agree with a lot of the decisions I've made in my life in retrospect, so I don't judge him. We're all human.

...and we need to be loved, just like everybody else does.

Back
Top Bottom