I ain’t afraid of no spooks

• Thread starter Deleted member 1074
  • Start date
@Mr. Jackpots

Ever heard of this one? I remember it from a long time ago and for some reason it just popped into my head.

@Mr. Jackpots

Ever heard of this one? I remember it from a long time ago and for some reason it just popped into my head.

Yes I'm very familiar with it. Ever since I was a kid.

It's interesting because, if memory serves, it was very well documented and witnessed by multiple people including cops. There is a recent 5 part docuseries, Hellier, that goes into it in some length, as well as peripherally related phenomena in KY.

It's a well made docuseries but it goes nowhere.

Yes I'm very familiar with it. Ever since I was a kid.

It's interesting because, if memory serves, it was very well documented and witnessed by multiple people including cops. There is a recent 5 part docuseries, Hellier, that goes into it in some length, as well as peripherally related phenomena in KY.

It's a well made docuseries but it goes nowhere.

Most documentaries don’t seem to go anywhere anymore I’ve noticed. It looks like it might be available to watch on Prime, if not I’ll Youtube it. I’ve watched a program that re-enacts the incident...not sure if it was this documentary or not. It was always one of the most unique stories I’ve heard about how they behaved and looked and just would not go away.

Most documentaries don’t seem to go anywhere anymore I’ve noticed. It looks like it might be available to watch on Prime, if not I’ll Youtube it. I’ve watched a program that re-enacts the incident...not sure if it was this documentary or not. It was always one of the most unique stories I’ve heard about how they behaved and looked and just would not go away.

It's free on Youtube; an official upload I believe. I've always suspected that the Mantenna character from He-Man was based on the Hopkinsville Goblin.

Considering the person who started this thread I was expecting it to be about black people

I’m not really a racist, Murph...I just play one on AOB.

1E9B8F7E-D808-4A42-B7E1-12FA9DE3BE91.gif

It's free on Youtube; an official upload I believe. I've always suspected that the Mantenna character from He-Man was based on the Hopkinsville Goblin.

Fuuuuuccck. I’m so sorry! I never finished watching this :disrelieved:

I never finished watching it either, LOL. The first two episodes are great. Then it's watching them sit on a porch in Kentucky for 45 minutes while the chick blathers on about energy.

Was it anything like this?

This really is a great podcast. I think I mentioned it earlier in the thread. The host, Curt Sandvig, is very skeptical and very diligent in fact checking; that's one of the great things about the show that marks it out from other paranormal-themed podcasts. But he's also very enthusiastic about the subject matter and approaches the topics with an almost childlike zeal. He's also really funny. Honestly it's a great show.

Paranormal Almanac

That Phoenix Lights video has the vice mayor of Phoenix talking about Men In Black around the 19 minute mark. If you can't watch the whole thing watch that portion.
It reminded me of a story I read on reddit but I can't find it now. The search terms are not great and bring up either nothing or a million unrelated things. If it could be found it was very interesting. This person wrote about being a mail carrier in Washington, DC, and about a very strange building there where they delivered mail. He said he saw some "people" enter the building that didn't necessarily look strange but that gave him a feeling of complete terror. He "knew" that they were not humans. His job was to go inside and drop off mail in their mail room, and then they distributed it. Usually he dealt with normal people. But one day he saw these three people that terrified him go inside this building right ahead of him and he either saw them notice him or he had a feeling they did. (All of this could be explained in different ways of course, as always, but the story had a believable quality to it, not too over the top.)
The thing is he felt like "noticing" them was a mistake and he had the feeling that they knew he knew that whatever they were doing wasn't fully effective on him. It might be compared to some kind of cloaking, or hypnosis, along the lines of "They Live," where these other beings usually pass as people.
So he sees them and feels they are aware of his fear. They enter the building, which only has an address and not a sign stating which part of the government has offices there. They go in and he sort of breathes a sigh of relief as he can't see them. Then he goes to the mail room as usual and they are in there with the clerk. He had to stand there very close to them as he handed over the mail and he felt that he was having an experience with them that he couldn't compare to anything else, but he knew they were there in that room because he'd become aware of them.
He said there wasn't really anything he could tell anyone. It was all feelings, but he said these feelings were physical and made it very hard to be around them and keep it together. He felt like he was completely at their mercy and could barely breathe. He felt he could have collapsed and died from fright, but he kept it together to get out of there.
Shortly after he was transferred to a different route and did not see these people again. It was implied that they were some sort of "alien" life form that somehow was connected to some obscure government branch, which isn't an original story, but reading it made an impression and I wish I could find the original.

I had never heard of this case until a couple of weeks ago. Interesting for the description of the craft inhabitants and the details of the police interrogation. This many years after the fact interview is probably the best breakdown of the anecdote. Invariably the hosts' and guests' southern accents will invite derision, but that's convenient skepticism for lazy asshats.

Pascagoula UFO case

Back
Top Bottom