"How Soon Is Now" heard as "bumper" music on radio talk show

The Seeker of Good Songs

Minimal Morrissey content to this thread, but just wanted to mention that "How Soon Is Now" was used as the "bumper" (segment joining) music after a commercial on the Michael Medved radio talk show.
Not the place to go to hear The Smiths or Morrissey music but it was nice to hear. Also nice to know that some of the "behind the scenes" people know of Morrissey.

One of the best places i've heard 'How Soon Is Now' is during the lapdancing scene in 'Closer'. Just hearing Clive Owen talking dirty to Natalie Portman during Mozzer's paeon to celibacy is wonderfully twisted.

Trouble loves me said:
One of the best places i've heard 'How Soon Is Now' is during the lapdancing scene in 'Closer'. Just hearing Clive Owen talking dirty to Natalie Portman during Mozzer's paeon to celibacy is wonderfully twisted.

That was divine. A similarly ironic use of Morrissey: his face on a t-shirt in Mike Leigh's "Career Girls". I've forgotten at the moment if it was used in an actual sex scene but in any event let's just say his face popped up where you'd least expect it.

Worm said:
That was divine. A similarly ironic use of Morrissey: his face on a t-shirt in Mike Leigh's "Career Girls". I've forgotten at the moment if it was used in an actual sex scene but in any event let's just say his face popped up where you'd least expect it.

Possibly some of you remember at Royal Albert Hall gig in 2002 Morrissey paid tribute to Career Girls' star Katrin Cattridge who was suddenly passed away, which I didn't know. He may have watched Career Girls or Naked.

Kewpie said:
Possibly some of you remember at Royal Albert Hall gig in 2002 Morrissey paid tribute to Career Girls' star Katrin Cattridge who was suddenly passed away, which I didn't know. He may have watched Career Girls or Naked.

Katrin Cattridge starred in Brookside as Paul Collins' daughter.
also
she was dyslexic and prefered to work with Mike leigh 'cos he doesn't use scripts.

Aly Panic said:
Katrin Cattridge starred in Brookside as Paul Collins' daughter.
also
she was dyslexic and prefered to work with Mike leigh 'cos he doesn't use scripts.

Thank you very much for your comment. I'm Japanese and I don't have much knowledge of British TV programmes before 1994...

Back
Top Bottom