How do you publicly display your Morrissey?

The Seeker of Good Songs

cars2.jpg

Last edited:
I publicly display my Morrissey fan status by wearing my old Moz / Smiths t-shirts ( weather permitting ).
I also have a few pins / badges that I wear with pride on my favourite denim jacket.
On good days I get knowing looks and smiles from other Moz fans. On bad days, looks of derision and giggles from certain friends and family who know I'll never grow out of this "phase"!!

Morrissey will be in the city I live for a concert in a few days and there are posters of him almost everywhere... I stop in front of them and yell (or sing): Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey!!! It's really stupid of me, but I just can't help it! :p

Morrissey will be in the city I live for a concert in a few days and there are posters of him almost everywhere... I stop in front of them and yell (or sing): Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey!!! It's really stupid of me, but I just can't help it! :p

That's not stupid, that's devotion!! A true fan, not concerned about what the rest of the world thinks!

It's difficult to find pretty t-shirts for women, and on the official site for merchandising the only one I liked comes only in L or XL sizes!!! So I just found one that says MORRISSEY with the ROTT font and I'm waiting for it to go everywhere and show my love for him!! I also have a picture of him as wallpaper in my office computer. And everytime they play one of his songs on the radio or TV and I'm with friends, I fake sighs and I make stupid gestures as if I were drunkly in love :p

Those plates must have set you back a bit Seeker. They raised an appreciative smile out of me. Unfortunately i've always been one of these 'no logo' types who have a marked aversion to wearing/displaying any signs of allegiance to anything until i've retained said allegiance for several fanatical years. Having said that i do have a celtic cross tattoo, which i suppose marks me out as both a Christian and a Celt (though in the loosest of senses as i don't attend church and am only second generation scottish; i merely wanted a tattoo and liked the symbolism).
I have been planning to get a Morrissey related tattoo, though the idea of having 'There is a light that never goes out' or 'Trouble loves me' has prompted some pause for thought, since i realised that they are the two most common tattoos amongst fans (and you know how we Moz fans all like to be different). So i'm currently trawling through his lyrics for a suitable candidate.
Apart from that my bedroom is covered in posters and quotes and i listen to his music every day on my way to and from work .... oh, and i never shut up about him. Does that count?

It's difficult to find pretty t-shirts for women, and on the official site for merchandising the only one I liked comes only in L or XL sizes!!! So I just found one that says MORRISSEY with the ROTT font and I'm waiting for it to go everywhere and show my love for him!! I also have a picture of him as wallpaper in my office computer. And everytime they play one of his songs on the radio or TV and I'm with friends, I fake sighs and I make stupid gestures as if I were drunkly in love :p

Yeah I know it's hard to get good t-shirts for girls, that's why I customised some of mine. I cut off the sleeves which are way too long, slash the neck (as low as you want!), wear a cute coloured vest underneath or some sexy underwear! There you go! Home customised and no-one else will have the same one! Try it!

Thank you Lux!! I had thought of that, but I was afraid to mess up and lose the tee (and the money).. May be we could buy an XL for men, and then slash the neck and the sleeves, wear maybe a belt and voilá! there you have a dress! But the men's shirt has to be long enough at least to look like a mini... We could start a Morrissey fashion business, Lux, huh? hahahaha

^^ I'd be a loyal customer :D

See Lux? We should consider it! :p What would be an appropriate name? 'Dressed in Moz' :p Or just 'De Morrissey' :p LOL hahaha

No!! I know!!! Our boutique should be named 'Mozalina'!! :p

Last edited:
Ah! A Morrissey fashion line. Not too upmarket, not too downmarket, somewhere in between. Kinda pricey, but excellent quality.
I like Mozalina as a name for the range, but what about the guys, do we not design for them too? Actually no. They can continue to wear their baggy, shapeless tour tees and we'll embellish ours with the odd swarowski crystal!

OOOH! How about a lingerie line too?!
Naughty underwear with Moz lyrics. G-Strings and panties with saucy sayings.
Bed linen with Moz pics on the pillows, soap, sex toys. God, the possibilities are endless!!

Wow!! You're thinking big lux!! I like that! And men have definitively many more choices now than us... So, they won't be included in our project :p

I LOVED the lingerie idea... Actually... My God... What about panties with a picture of Moz right THERE :p... LMAO!! Hahaha... That'd be a little too naughty, huh? But funny! LOL! :D (please laugh)

mmmmm!! A pic right there!!
Naughty, but nice!!
An idea to be developed methinks. The possibilities are endless...............

Yeaaahhh!! It would be a pleasure to wear those panties everyday! And imagine a bra with an M on each side, and... again! That's obvious! A picture of him on the inside!!... Hahahaha... Yes... Possibilities are endless!! Owners of the Moz license... Read this please!! :p

Last edited:
I have a "thing" for girls who wear men's shirts and not much else! (ie putting on one of my shirts to mooch around the house after the latest round of dwarf-infested orgies.) I also like girls on bicycles!?!

This Morrissey t-shirt idea sounds very good!!! Especially if you were riding a bike (and I realise that could be construed as a double-entendre!)

As for my public displays. I have the ticket stubs on my desk in work, I occassionally sport a t-shirt and um I sing to myself when walking... and all my mates know of my fascination and mock me. But I don't care.
Its always nice to have a conspirational wink with others... I always nod my appreciation of anyone wearing a Smiths/ Moz t-shirt. And in drink go and talk to them.

Back
Top Bottom