Helsinki - Finlandia (Nov. 16, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

The Queen Is Dead / Speedway / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Certain People I Know / Suedehead / Staircase At The University / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Neal Cassady Drops Dead / How Soon Is Now? / Yes, I Am Blind / Istanbul / Kick The Bride Down The Aisle / Earth Is The Loneliest Planet / Kiss Me A Lot / I'm Not A Man / The Bullfighter Dies / Meat Is Murder // Asleep / Everyday Is Like Sunday

set list provided by an anonymous person.

• Image posted by modrevolve:

helsinki_2_anim2.gif

Last edited:
The look on his face when he was lifted into the air! Security let it happen, and he seemed ok. He only looked rattled when that idiot wouldn't let go and he almost fell. That was a little scary.

He's tough, though. I've seen stage invaders at other concerts and the band freaks out and stops playing, security tackles the fan, etc. once keith Richards hit a man with his guitar. Moz just keeps singing, unless a San Jose situation happens, of course.

I'm so sick of that Alyssa girl being front and center. Give someone else a chance.

The security guys are seriously relaxed these days. It seems anyone just walks in stage now!!

Can't wait for Dublin xx

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wSpWK19XscQ&autoplay=1[/video]

Jumpy, but worth the watch for the lift up bit. Enjoy! I'm still smiling.

Last edited by a moderator:
6 new songs in a row. What is he thinking? You'd think by now he'd know how to design a setlist.

I would imagine, as an artist, he is thinking that he wants to share his new creations with the people who have appreciated and supported his work in the past. If he plays too many older songs,he gets accused of being a stale, nostalgia act; if he plays too many new songs, then he gets accused of not considering the fans who only know the more popular material; so really, he can't win. Inevitably, he will play what he wants, and most people realize that by now. Additionally, we all have our dream setlists and I would doubt that any two are completely identical. Most of the commenatary from people who were actually in attendance at these shows seems to be extremely positive, so the audience would appear to be happy with his setlist selection. Except for the brief interruption, this seems to be a very successful tour for Morrissey.

lynnda

Thanks for the alternate angle! This is really pretty great, I love the look on Morrissey's face. (Bearded Lifter enters at around the 14:20 mark...)

Girl security is gone?

Moz definitely was amused by the lifting incident!

2dl9g1l.jpg

Thanks for the alternate angle! This is really pretty great, I love the look on Morrissey's face. (Bearded Lifter enters at around the 14:20 mark...)

Bearded dragon. :cool:

The look on his face when he was lifted into the air! Security let it happen, and he seemed ok. He only looked rattled when that idiot wouldn't let go and he almost fell. That was a little scary.

He's tough, though. I've seen stage invaders at other concerts and the band freaks out and stops playing, security tackles the fan, etc. once keith Richards hit a man with his guitar. Moz just keeps singing, unless a San Jose situation happens, of course.

I'm so sick of that Alyssa girl being front and center. Give someone else a chance.

Who do you mean by Alyssa? The chick with short black hair who follows him around the world?

Some points nobody has mentioned...
Morrissey used few times some kind of mouth spray (like sore throat spray) and several times nasal spray. He turned his back to the audience when he used the nasal spray. I don't think so many people noticed it. But mouth spray he once used so that everybody could see that.
He lost voice during Istanbul and he really had to struggle to get it back. It was painful even to watch..

I don't know who earlier mentioned Alyssa is, but if she is who I think she is, then she's the one who got the shirt – intact, whole - on Saturday. Is she the girl who's been next to Julia since maybe 2011? Young, tall girl with long hair?

And on the videos from Sunday, you all can see who caught the shirt on Sunday. So basically two regular regulars got both shirts. Isn't it enough for them to have the privilege to always be at the front? Because in Helsinki they were sitting on extra seats in front of the first row.
Julia gets her one handshake everytime, but the other regulars get most of the hugs and handshakes. Morrissey even came down from the stage (Saturday) to hug them! I don't think it's fair, but neither is life.

Legit LOL at "bearded dude" nickname. Also, Mozzer's face is priceless! Priceless.

What a neat occurrence.

He's close to being 80s Moz-skinny and is probably easier to lift now. Hopefully this doesn't become a trend!

20z6u81.jpg

I love the ending of this video. My eyes always fill with tears during stage invasions. Not out of fear, but just from feeling the love. It's so strong. And I don't care what people say, it is a mutual love and understanding. I think only a few really get that.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom