Hammerstein Maximum Mox QUESTIONS ANSWERED!

god this is so lame. why dont they just write like "MAX MOZ PASS" on the special tickets? or something like that? and why do we have to pick up the posters at will call? thats so dumb. then we have to f***in carry them around? why do these people have to be so goddamn difficult???

PFTLT, thanks so much for your efforts!
I feel a lot more at ease now.
I will be there for all 5 shows in NYC so if I get the chance I will post here what the procedure is like, for all of those who will be there for the last 3 shows. :)

Now...I just wonder whether the posters will survive all the pushing and shoving in the front... :p

i'm also a bit confused - a friend of mine bought the tickets with his credit card, but he will only attend the first show. so how does livenation/ticketmaster/hammerstein know, that the one day ticket is for my friend and the five day ticket for me? my name never appeared in the order - any suggestions? i would call them, but my english is not good enough to explain them what the problem is.
or... PFTLT - do you have the name of the nice and friendly and competent employee??

PFTLT, thanks so much for your efforts!
I feel a lot more at ease now.
I will be there for all 5 shows in NYC so if I get the chance I will post here what the procedure is like, for all of those who will be there for the last 3 shows. :)

if you won't be able to post - i still can do that. i will take my notebook to nyc and my hotel room has wifi-internet access...
will let you know when i get to my hotel that monday night after the first concert

RE: the surcharges. I am going to defend the entire chain here from Txmaster to Livenation to Moz' production staff. There is no way in hell that the surcharges were going to be waived. Ticketmaster won't sell tickets unless it is paid to do so. The discount built into the packages compensated for the surcharges. That's the way I saw it, that's the way it worked out.

Single night tickets for NYC are $65 before any taxes, surcharges, or delivery. 5 of those is $325. A five night pass cost $232.95 after surcharges and delivery. That's a huge savings- over a hundred dollars. I haven't done the math on LA, sorry, but I'm sure there's a savings reflected. I've paid $360 for a single pit ticket before, I'm massively thrilled to get five tickets for under $50 each.

Again, I don't know anything about LA. The number I called for Livenation NY is: 917-421-4000. I jotted these down and I think they are correct: option 2, 1, 5. I didn't get the guy's name, but he was polite. Let's not inundate them with calls though- I'm afraid they'll clam up and we won't get any more info! One person should call and get the details about picking up where they tickets were bought for you by someone else, then share here. And you'll have to repeat the process for LA. Just pull up a phone book service and look for an ordinary business listing to get their main office # in LA. That's how I got the NY #.

Good luck!

Thanks for sharing the info, but I still have questions from my previous post that you didn't answer. I'm just seeking reassurance, so when you can, please address them.

RE: the surcharges. I am going to defend the entire chain here from Txmaster to Livenation to Moz' production staff. There is no way in hell that the surcharges were going to be waived. Ticketmaster won't sell tickets unless it is paid to do so. The discount built into the packages compensated for the surcharges. That's the way I saw it, that's the way it worked out.

Well, I didn't think they were going to waive surcharges either despite what the organ of the people's party published in the August 22 press release. Since when would Ticketbastard give up their pound of flesh?

But it's wrong to announce that surcharges are going to be waived and then it's false. So, you see why I was confused and thought you must be sarcastic about the initial announcement. They announced things that did NOT turn out to be true, such as the final dates and the surcharge waived, so I lack confidence in the rest of the press release. If you weren't being sarcastic, can you explain how things worked out just as the initial press release said it would? And I don't mean the creative reasoning behind saying that there would be no surcharges and then turning around and slamming Palladium package buyers with $120 in fees alone. If they make their money off of surcharges (i.e., waiving surcharges is not viable), then such nonsense about waiving surcharges should not be published.

What led you to believe in the initial press release that the Atlanta date would be moved and that more dates would be added to the tour? Didn't it say FINAL DATES? It would seem that's pretty final. But then with Morrissey, there's final and then there's final just like there's truthiness and then there's truth.

Again, I don't know anything about LA. The number I called for Livenation NY is: 917-421-4000. I jotted these down and I think they are correct: option 2, 1, 5. I didn't get the guy's name, but he was polite. Let's not inundate them with calls though- I'm afraid they'll clam up and we won't get any more info! One person should call and get the details about picking up where they tickets were bought for you by someone else, then share here. And you'll have to repeat the process for LA. Just pull up a phone book service and look for an ordinary business listing to get their main office # in LA. That's how I got the NY #.

Good luck!
Thanks!

I finally found a listing for LiveNation in Beverly Hills. Okay, won't flood them with calls...but it shouldn't be like that. Why is it so hard to get a straight answer from so-called professionals?

Last edited:
Well, I don't see the point in nitpicking it to death as long as we get our early entry one way or the other. But this is what I was talking about:

The dates include extended runs in Los Angeles and New York. In Los Angeles, Morrissey will close a chapter in the famed Palladium's history: These will be the final 10 shows at the legendary venue before it closes down for an extensive renovation. New York will feature five nights at Hammerstein Ballroom. A "season ticket" will be made available in both cities, eliminating all surcharges for any fans attending every show, which will provide a savings of over $50 in itself.

Also, for the Palladium run, fans will have a special, limited-time opportunity to purchase tickets to all 10 concerts for the price of nine, and to gain early entry into the venue for each show. Starting at 10 a.m. on Monday, August 27, through 10 p.m. on Wednesday, September 5, special 10-night packages will be available at LiveNation.com, Ticketmaster.com and via Ticketmaster charge-by-phone. In addition to the great savings, fans will also receive a special commemorative ticket that will allow them to go to the front of the line and get right up close in this GA setting. Considering that these are the last live dates on his calendar, this is a fantastic chance for Morrissey's diehard followers to take in every song and relish every detail of what is sure to be an amazing residency.

For the shows at Hammerstein Ballroom, a similar limited-number offer applies. Fans planning to attend all five shows will receive a special package price of $200, thereby saving $125 off of the individual tickets, as well as a commemorative poster, and they will be allowed to go to the front of the line each night, so they can be the first ones in the building and closest to the stage.

The LA pass sale was time-limited, the NY one was limited to certain number of passes. The LA people are getting special tickets, which is presumably true since they're not being cut and mailed in the normal Txmaster manner. The LA pass didn't mention price. The NY prices proved correct, but didn't say anything about special commemorative tickets. We get a poster (instead?) It does stink that LA still got charged the equivalent of one surcharge per ticket- NY did not, it seems.

So anyway, it doesn't matter. The press release also strongly suggested Moz was retiring. No one can deny that the wording leads you to that conclusion. And that's already been refuted by Moz himself.

Have to go- back later.

with all this hubbub, you know what I miss, when there were ticket master outlets you could go buy tickets from at record stores. or at JC Penny's or Foley's and such at the customer service window. you could see exactly the map of the place, get your tickets printed right then and there, and not pay ONE DAMN FEE at all, all you paid was the face on the ticket.

what the hell happened???

for all you Europeans out do you get your tickets at actual physical locations or do you charge by phone like the majority of us do?

Here in the Netherlands we can get tickets at all major postoffices, some big recordstores and at all Travelex (money exchange) offices.
I usually go to the postoffice, there they have a seperate line for concerttickets. We have ticketmaster too and they also charge extra if you buy online.
For a "normal" concertticket you pay about $ 6,- in fees/charges/whatever, plus about double if you order online.

its very easy in germany too you can go to a ticket center who are a t every small and big towns or call them if you live in a small village directly and they always know waht you want from them (TM didnt most of the time when i called them)

pay cash and af far as i know also at post offices no huge extra charges like ticketmaster does

this is why I wish I could live in Europe.

any rich girls in England or Greece (I prefer the Thessaloniki area) want someone who has no problem mooching off of them?

ooh, or Trondheim, Norway that place looks lovely... ;)

I hope Will-Call opens earlier in the day, then, because it's going to be an absolute zoo on Monday night trying to claim our passes. . .

Suddenly I am looking much less forward to these gigs. . .but I am a pessimist by nature and prone to catastrophizing.

--jeniphir

From Ticketmaster site, for picking up tickets under another name/creditcard:

Question
How can I arrange for another party to collect tickets at will call?

Answer
Many venues allow for the ticket purchaser to designate an alternate name for pickup of tickets or lost ticket vouchers being held at will call. If you would like to request this for an existing ticket order, please click on the "Ask A Question" tab above and indicate this in your message. Please be aware that some venues do not allow for alternate pickup of will call tickets, and some may require that the party collecting the tickets have a copy of the credit card used in the purchase for verification purposes. If required, this copy should be made of the front and back of the card (you may block out all but the first and last four digits of the account number on the copy for security purposes). A customer support agent will reply to inform you if it is possible to arrange for alternate pickup of your ticket order, and will provide any venue requirements for this process at that time.

Ok... crazy luck I guess, I actually got through to someone who knows what is going on.

Whether you bought will-call, or had your tickets sent, you will present yourself at the Will-Call window at the venue, and will be given your pass and poster. They will have a list of the names who bought the package.

I specifically asked if the pass would be held past the first show, and they said yes. In other words, I'm showing up on Friday, and my pass will be waiting for me at the Will-Call window.

The guy said Ticketmaster was supposed to have told us this. But now we know... but I still don't know if the early-entry benefit is transferable. Sorry.

Hey Pregnant. A massive and big big big thank you for all the info you've posted over the last few days on NY. I'm doing the same as you, doing the last 3 nights. I get in on Thursday, so I'm going to try pick them up then and save my poster from being wrecked! I was nervous too that I couldn't make the first night and had this horrible image of only a hour window opening for pick up or something like that. Anyway, good stuff lady. Columbo would be proud. :):cool:

Hey Preggers, thanks for your answer. It would seem we have a difference of opinion in seeing how true to reality the August 22 press release panned out. But I think we can agree that the press release was poorly written and misleading.

Okay, so I contacted LiveNation. They are clueless and again insisted that Ticketmaster is the ticketing agency so TM should be contacted. TM passed the buck back to LiveNation saying "We only sell the tickets", but I did get a CSR who asked me to fax the advert to her office so that they could examine it. They would not accept an email of the scan. So I'm printing out a version of the scan to fax. What bullshit. I'll be incredibly pissed to waste long-distance $ faxing this scan if TM do not actually confirm that the front-of-the-queue privilege will be honored.

I phoned the Palladium, but all they have is this automated menu system answering the phone. Left a message. Still have not been contacted.

Mel, that bit of news has got me worried now. even if TM "only sell the tickets" shouldn't they atleast be able to look at them and tell you what kind of tickets they are? hopefully the palladium or that CSR contact you back soon.

Mel, that bit of news has got me worried now. even if TM "only sell the tickets" shouldn't they atleast be able to look at them and tell you what kind of tickets they are? hopefully the palladium or that CSR contact you back soon.

I don't know if I should bother addressing this. What do you mean they should be able to tell me what kind of tickets I have ordered? Of course I already know that -- they're the 10 date Palladium package.

Hey Preggers, thanks for your answer. It would seem we have a difference of opinion in seeing how true to reality the August 22 press release panned out. But I think we can agree that the press release was poorly written and misleading.

Okay, so I contacted LiveNation. They are clueless and again insisted that Ticketmaster is the ticketing agency so TM should be contacted. TM passed the buck back to LiveNation saying "We only sell the tickets", but I did get a CSR who asked me to fax the advert to her office so that they could examine it. They would not accept an email of the scan. So I'm printing out a version of the scan to fax. What bullshit. I'll be incredibly pissed to waste long-distance $ faxing this scan if TM do not actually confirm that the front-of-the-queue privilege will be honored.

I phoned the Palladium, but all they have is this automated menu system answering the phone. Left a message. Still have not been contacted.

That's ok, I'm fine with agreeing to disagree. But I remain an optimist, I guess. I will see Moz, and I will be somewhere very near the front.

It's a shame that there haven't been good answers for the LA passes. This kind of rotten "customer service" is just horrible. It would be so much easier if they would just have someone answer the damn questions! Hope you get good answers and soon!

Everyone else, you're welcome! Can't wait to see you all in NYC!

I don't know if I should bother addressing this. What do you mean they should be able to tell me what kind of tickets I have ordered? Of course I already know that -- they're the 10 date Palladium package.

No, I didn't mean that, I meant that they should be able to tell someone if one of those tickets - or passes, or whatever it is that they're putting together over there - in the package somehow states or represents that its for getting in front of the line with. isn't TM the ones that are printing and shipping the package? they must be able to help a customer out. did that make sense?

Hey Pregnant. A massive and big big big thank you for all the info you've posted over the last few days on NY. I'm doing the same as you, doing the last 3 nights. I get in on Thursday, so I'm going to try pick them up then and save my poster from being wrecked! I was nervous too that I couldn't make the first night and had this horrible image of only a hour window opening for pick up or something like that. Anyway, good stuff lady. Columbo would be proud. :):cool:

I second this! I'm way too f***ing lazy, and I wouldve never gone through all that trouble, so thank you Preggerz! see you in NY, I'll buy you a beer! :D

Back
Top Bottom