half a Smiths

• Thread starter Devious, truculent & unreliable
  • Start date
D

Devious, truculent & unreliable

Am I the only one to be upset that the newly published The Smiths Complete Chord Songbook does not feature Andy and Mike on the cover? I know they only added some sound and stuff, but still...

They have nothing at all to do with the content of the book (wich is words and chords) since they never wrote any material.

> Am I the only one to be upset that the newly published The Smiths Complete
> Chord Songbook does not feature Andy and Mike on the cover? I know they
> only added some sound and stuff, but still...

> They have nothing at all to do with the content of the book (wich is words
> and chords) since they never wrote any material.

Well yes of course, but they were still a part of The Smiths. Has anyone forgotten the praises by Morrissey and Marr while the band were still together? They were a GROUP. I think they did more than just add some sound and stuff, btw. I don't know that they necessarily had to be on the cover as well, but it would have been nice.

> Well yes of course, but they were still a part of The Smiths. Has anyone
> forgotten the praises by Morrissey and Marr while the band were still
> together? They were a GROUP. I think they did more than just add some
> sound and stuff, btw. I don't know that they necessarily had to be on the
> cover as well, but it would have been nice.

The reason they are not on the cover is that they were not credited (for publishing purposes) for their contribution to the songs.
All Smiths songs are credited as Marr/Morrissey - even instrumentals written by Marr/Rourke.
As you have read - Morrissey has never had any inclination to learn a musical instrument - prefering to concentrate on his vocal and visual performance.
Marr wrote the guitar parts
Rourke wrote the bass line
Joyce added drums
Than the music was handed to Morrissey for the sugar.
Grossly unfair -but ......
That - is how it works.

Back
Top Bottom